As an ecommerce store owner – current or future – you probably don't need to be told about the value of email marketing which happens to be one of the most beneficial online marketing methods.
SendinBlue is one of the popular email marketing services that you may choose for marketing your online store, and it came up as a great alternative for MailChimp (see the comparison here) and even for Aweber (comparison here). I have included my review of this service in this article below but before going into that, I want to briefly touch upon another important matter as it relates to online marketing.
While this is not something exactly revolutionary or unknown, many online marketers fail to realize the full significance and value of analytics as it relates to their online business. From this perspective, I suggest that you check out one of my recent posts: 7 Must-Have Ecommerce Analytics Tools.
Moving on now, here is my detailed review of the SendinBlue email marketing service:
Standout Features from SendinBlue
When running an online store it's necessary to have an email list and marketing campaign tool. SendInBlue provides email marketing features, but you also get far more than some of the competition. For example, you receive contact management, transactional messaging, and automated campaigns. You can also take advantage of the SMS and IP plans if you're looking to expand on your marketing processes.
The SendInBlue feature set has improved over the years, so we want to outline some of our favorite elements that make it a marketing tool to consider.
- A Free Plan – A free plan is offered that allows you to send up to 300 emails per day. Click here to register for the free plan.
- Contact Manager – Full-featured contact management functionality is provided by this program.
- List Segmentation – You can target certain types of customers based on demographics or other metrics like how often they open your emails.
- Template Selection – Several beautiful templates are provided for you to get started with your design without coding.
- Template Editor – The template editor has smooth drag and drop functionality.
- Image Hosting – A minor yet useful feature that is supported by SendInBlue.
- Social Media Marketing – You can connect your social media accounts and get people to either follow you on your pages or share your content.
- Autoresponder – The marketing automation includes welcome emails, purchase emails, birthday messages, and even scoring.
- Transactional emails – This is a must-have for any ecommerce store, as it provides transactional email templates and real-time metrics.
- Google Analytics Integration – Another useful feature for learning about your email list and website.
- Integrations for ecommerce platforms – Connect to systems like PrestaShop, WordPress, Magento, Drupal, and more.
- Trigger-based Messaging – Set triggers to send out emails, like when someone makes a purchase or signs up for your email list.
- Spam Score Checking – Use this to improve your deliverability rates.
- Reporting/Stats – A variety of reports can be generated.
SendInBlue Review: The Price Range
SendInBlue offers email plans, SMS plans, and IP plans. The IP plans are for digitally signing your emails and taking full control of the IP reputation. You might use that at some point, but for now, our main focus is on the email plans.
To start, you're able to sign up for the SendinBlue marketing service for free. This provides unlimited contacts but there is a sending limit. After that, the plans go all the way up to the Enterprise plan, which has custom pricing you'll have to figure out with SendInBlue. The most expensive plan with an actual price tag on it is for $66 per month.
All of the pricing plans are flexible with no commitments. You also don't have to type in your credit card to get started.
As for the plan specifics, here's what you have to work with:
- Free – $0 per month for 300 emails per day. There's no limit on the number of contacts you can have, and you receive items like marketing automation, an email template library, and a mobile-friendly editor.
- Lite – $25 per month for 40,000 emails per month. There's no daily sending limit and you get everything provided in the previous plan.
- Essential – $39 per month for everything in the previous plans, the removal of the SendInBlue logo, and advanced stats.
- Premium – This plan starts at $66 per month, but it could go up in price depending on how many emails you want to send out per month. For the $66 you get a nice limit of 120,000 emails per month. There's also no limit on marketing automation and you receive all of the features from previous plans.
- Enterprise – This one has a tailored volume and a custom price. It comes with a dedicated account manager.
The SendInBlue company used to have a pay-as-you-go plan, but that's no longer available.
Other Noteworthy Features
The integrations with Prestashop, Magento and WooCommerce are extremely easy to set up because of the plugins. SendinBlue's ability to send transactional emails (order and dispatch confirmations etc.) is another feature that is not supported by many email marketing apps. One quite rare feature is the ability to send transactional SMS messages directly via your store. (You will have to pay extra for this feature but it can still be a very useful feature especially when directly integrated with your store operations.)
As an email marketing service, SendinBlue has improved quite a bit over the years. It's a solid alternative to the other popular email services like MailChimp and AWeber, since it now has ready-made templates and a drag and drop builder. It's nice to have the plugins for some of the popular ecommerce platforms, along with the ability to send transactional emails and SMS messages.
Overall, SendinBlue s worthwhile for most ecommerce businesses. The templates are beautiful and you can't go wrong with the builder. I also like that it provides the SMS tools for when you want to expand your marketing arsenal. It's things like this that aren't offered by the competition. You can also read my MailChimp review to see if that better fits your needs.
You can start your SendInBlue free trial by clicking here.