Ecommerce is bigger today than ever. While it’s easy to assume that the age of online stores is focused strictly on the B2C marketplace, the truth is actually that B2B companies are gaining steam too. According to Statista, the B2B eCommerce market worldwide is worth $12.2 trillion (as of 2019). That’s more than 6 times the value of B2C ecommerce.
Companies in the B2B space rely on everything from ERP technology to self-service chatbots to generate sales in the modern landscape. However, we think that the most important asset of all for a beginner, is the right ecommerce software.
Whether you’re selling wholesale products to developers, business owners and investors, or you’re offering digital services and education, you need the right B2B ecommerce platform if you want to thrive in this competitive space.
Your B2B platform will give you everything from a customizable checkout experience that you can use to convert customers, to marketing tools and analytics.
So, where do you start looking?
15 Best B2B Ecommerce Platforms
- BigCommerce Enterprise
- Shopify Plus
- Adobe Commerce
- Sana Commerce Cloud
- Oracle Netsuite
How to Choose the Best B2B Ecommerce Platform?
There are a lot of factors that overlap between B2C and B2B selling.
Whether you’re selling to a company or an end-customer, you’re going to need a strategy for building relationships with your target audience. This means investing in tools like landing page builders, email marketing that you can automate, and even social media integrations.
Click the + for more info
To save you some crucial time and effort in the hunt for the right ecommerce capabilities, we’ve put together this list of our top B2B ecommerce website builders and tools.
BigCommerce is another incredible tool for eCommerce sales in the B2B landscape. Whether you’re a small business or a larger company, BigCommerce will provide you with a comprehensive set of tools designed to get you up and running fast. You can access your audience for ERP support, and you can integrate your platform with various leading tools too.
BigCommerce is one of the more powerful eCommerce business store builders on the market, offering support for those who want to access beautiful websites, with social media integrations and high-level checkouts. You can access things like PCI DSS support, so you know that you’re protecting the crucial information that you collect from customers. What’s more, organizing your product catalog and inventory is easy too.
One particularly compelling feature of BigCommerce is the fact that it comes with access to quote builders – ideal for SaaS companies and service brands. There’s also quick re-ordering available too.
- Easy subscriptions and re-orders
- Advanced shipping options
- Per-unit cost
- Automatically applied volume discounts
- B2B specific payment services
- Backend ERP system and CRM integrations
- Discounted and custom prices
- Segmentation for audiences
- Responsive and stylish website design
- Quote builder options
- BigCommerce Enterprise Review – Everything You Need to Know
- BigCommerce Reviews – 20 BigCommerce Pros and Cons
- BigCommerce Pricing – How Much Are You Going to Pay With BigCommerce?
- BigCommerce vs Shopify – The ultimate comparison
2. Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is easily one of the most successful and popular selling solutions on the market. When it comes to premium B2B ecommerce solutions, there’s nothing like Shopify’s state-of-the-art service for delivering exceptional user experience.
Leading brands like Adidas, Motorola, Tesla, and more already rely on Shopify Plus for B2B selling, and it’s no surprise. This company has a proven track record for delivering the best in customer experience, B2B sales, and exceptional features. In fact, Shopify Plus now powers almost a million online stores! You can even reduce your transaction costs by using Shopify Payments as your top payment option.
Shopify Plus comes with access to a wholesale ecommerce channel that you can add to your website within a couple of clicks. What’s more, the extensible nature of Shopify means that you can basically tap into any feature you could want, from new payment options, to order quantity tracking.
- Launching multiple websites from the same back-end
- 24/7 store performance
- Dedicated storefronts
- 20 sales channels available from your dashboard
- Advanced custom pricing
- Integration with Avalara for taxation
- Powerful platform for up to 8000 orders a minute
- One step checkout options
- Thousands of apps
- SSL certificate built-in
- Wholesale selling available
Pricing: Available via Quote
- Shopify Plus Review – An In-Depth Guide to the Best Enterprise Ecommerce Platform
- Shopify vs Shopify Plus – What is the Difference?
- Shopify Review – Is Shopify the Best Ecommerce Platform? Shopify Pros and Cons
- Shopify Pricing Plans – Which Shopify Plan is Best for You?
- Shopify Lite Review – How It Works and When You Should Be Using It
- Shopify Plus Review – An In-Depth Guide to the Best Enterprise Ecommerce Platform
- Shopify Alternatives – Best Solutions Reviewed
- Shopify Payments Review – The Most Elementary Alternative To 3rd Party Gateways
OpenCart is already a popular B2B eCommerce platform. The company delivers some of the most compelling free and open source ecommerce software for running an online store, with features like Powerful SEO tools, built-in store management, and endless extensions and themes.
OpenCart has also expanded it’s opportunities in the business-to-business environment in recent years, by offering a new extension called “OpenCart B2B marketplace”.
The B2B multi-channel marketplace allows businesses to access marketplaces like Alibaba, for wholesale selling. The great thing about this service is that you can update and import multiple products to your site in one go. What’s more, you can create customer groups and assign unique permissions to each selection of clients. This makes it easy to deliver things like paid courses and eLearning too.
- Excellent free support
- Endless extensions and themes
- Powerful store management tools
- Built-in SEO
- Open source coding
- User group creation
- Email templates
- Access to wholesale marketplaces
- Group upload and export
- Sub-domain development
- Questions and answers
- Transaction status tracking
- Individual shipping modes for different customers
- Custom dashboard for managing orders from B2B buyers
Pricing: The OpenCart software is free to use, while the B2B marketplace extension from Webkul is $299.
- OpenCart Review: Close to Free Open Source Platform for Experienced Developers
- Best Open Source Ecommerce Platforms
4. Adobe Commerce (formerly Magento)
If you’ve ever looked into B2B ecommerce sites before, then you’ve probably heard of Magento, now Adobe Commerce. One of the best ecommerce solutions around, this popular platform can work seamlessly for virtually any kind of business. The great thing about Adobe Commerce, aside from an excellent total cost of ownership value, is that it’s easy to install, and offers plenty of features with minimal maintenance.
When you’re looking for the best B2B ecommerce platform, Adobe Commerce has the awards to prove its impact. For instance, Adobe Commerce was named the best B2B platform by the Forrester Wave. It does lack a few features on the integration side, and it can be a little pricey for some companies, but it’s incredible for ecommerce functionality and shopping experience.
Adobe Commerce is one of the few all-in-one B2B ecommerce software options that was designed specifically for businesses. You’ll be able to use this platform to accomplish even the most challenging business goals.
- Reliable cloud-based performance
- Extensive B2B functionality
- Custom pricing and catalog
- Robust merchandising features
- Easy backend system integration
- Support for corporate accounts
- Excellent shopping experience
- Omnichannel selling features
- Effortless reporting and analytics
- Quotes and negotiations available
- Amazing order processing and inventory management.
Pricing: Adobe Commerce starts at around $22,000 per year for a full Enterprise site, or $2000 per year for cloud support plus hosting.
5. Shift4Shop (formerly 3dcart)
Shift4Shop is a sensational option for those in search of the best B2B ecommerce platform. If you need help turning visitors into customers as quickly as possible, Shift4Shop has you covered, with plenty of customizable themes, a mobile-friendly interface, numerous integrations, and controlled visibility. You also get access to amazing features like customer segmentation.
Customer segmentation within your B2B ecommerce platform means that you can divide your customers based on product information, or how much they buy. This means that you can sell things like webinars and premium content to certain customers. You can even hide your bulk pricing from other customers, so that you can always get the best income from your clients.
Other B2B features included with Shift4Shop include one-click reorder, excellent for subscription and membership purchases, and pricing customization. Your capabilities include:
- Pricing customization options
- One-click re-order and subscriptions
- Comprehensive back-end product information control
- Segmentation for customers
- Open-source extensibility
- Volume bulk ordering
- Product quantity discounts (automated)
- Flexible tax management
- Accounting integrations
- SEO friendly back-end
- 200+ built-in features
- Multiple payment processors
- Countless free themes
Pricing: Pricing starts at $19 per month for a startup store with no transaction fees. You can pay $29 for your basic store, $129 per month for the “Power store”, and $79 per month for the Plus store. Pro stores are available for $229 per month, with support for up to 15 users.
Sana Commerce is a dynamic eCommerce solution exclusively built for B2B businesses. It boasts several unique features that make it perfect for sellers in this field.
Right out of the box, Sana integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Dynamics and SAP ERP's to enable businesses to build customer relationships. In addition, Sana can sync data in real-time, allowing you to centralize all your business data.
You can also create a branded eCommerce solution for your business anywhere on the web with Sana’s headless Commerce.
Sana Commerce users benefit from an easy-to-use drag and drop website builder optimized for omnichannel operations. Sana Commerce websites are responsive to phone, tablet, and desktop devices. They also integrate with popular platforms like Amazon, Facebook, and eBay to export and sync your product feed in real-time.
The other benefit of Sana Commerce is that it offers SAP ERP (Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing Enterprises Resource Planning). In other words, your product catalog is managed in your ERP, and Sana draws on this information and displays it on your online store. Thanks to this synchronization, you don’t have to enter the same data across multiple systems.
You also get access to helpful customer management services. For instance, your shipping and inventory information is updated automatically through the ERP system. So customers know exactly when their order is due and when you’ve sold out of stock. This goes a long way to providing complete transparency and building customer loyalty.
- Self-service quotes
- A customer orders and returns dashboard.
- Real-time wholesale options with ERP integration.
- Personalized pricing for bulk orders.
- You can set discounts and promotional offers based on the order quantity, order type, and buyer segmentation.
- It’s easy to set up repeat purchases.
- The customer portal provides 24/7 self-service.
- Advanced shipping options.
- A Headless, responsive drag and drop website builder.
- An omnichannel product feed.
- B2B-specific payment integration.
Pricing: Available on request
- Sana Commerce complete review – What is Sana Commerce Cloud?
Zoey is a B2B eCommerce platform founded in 2014. It’s designed to help brands, wholesalers, and distributors bring their operations online. They offer a scalable business experience that translates data, transactions, and orders into a single localized platform.
Buyers can browse your product range, make orders, and checkout using your customer self-service portal. The automated system can even create reorders for customers based on previous purchases. Customers can also access real-time data on shipping and order statuses.
In addition, Zoey comes with a built-in visual editor that enables you to customize your portals and customer-facing pages. You can use marketing, product, and visual components to bring your B2B store to life.
Then, you’ll have your own portal from the back end from which you can manage administration. For example, you can get critical data on sales, products, and inventories.
Zoey integrates with many popular data management tools, including QuickBooks, NetSuite, and Salesforce. It also has an API allowing you to link to other external solutions.
All of these features are accessible anytime through the Zoey app or desktop site, making it easy to manage your business on the go.
- Reporting and analytics
- A built-in visual editor
- Customer management tools
- A library of integrations
- A mobile app
- A customizable customer portal
- Customer segmentation
- Self-service sales quotes for customers
- Your own business email
- Built-in SEO features
Pricing: Available via quote
Yo!Kart is an industry-leading ecommerce platform designed for both B2B & B2C industries looking an online marketplace like Amazon or Alibaba. The solution is built using agile development methodologies to offer a competitive business advantage over its competitors. The best thing about Yo!Kart is that it’s a license-based B2B ecommerce platform, where you have to make a one-time payment and you will own the system for the lifetime with source code ownership.
Since its launch in 2015, Yo!Kart has catered to over 2,000 clients in 70+ countries. There are several popular brands that are using Yo!Kart marketplace software for their B2B ecommerce needs. Uni Diamonds, Voyij, Bozinga, are a few of the B2B clients listed in their portfolio.
Yo!Kart comes with all standard B2B features like Request for Quote (RFQ), minimum order quantity, product catalog, etc. The platform is highly secure, robust, and fully customizable to meet your B2B business requirements.
- Product catalog management
- Separate seller storefronts
- Multiple user types, i.e. Distributors, Manufacturers, Service providers
- Request for Quote (Re-quote, Partial payments, Counter Offer and generate invoices)
- Create subscription packages for sellers/distributors
- Allow your sellers/distributors to sell products and services on one platform
- Store level configuration to switch on Buy Now or RFQ options
- Messaging module for buyers and sellers
- Multiple payment gateways & third-party APIs integration
- Multilingual and Multi Currency
- In-house Content management system (CMS)
- Minimum order quantity and easy re-ordering
- Intuitive User-Interface
- SEO-friendly B2B platform
Pricing: Yo!Kart B2B pricing starts at $1999 including lifetime license, no recurring charges, and zero transaction fees. Plus, you get up to 12 months of free technical support for any bugs/errors found in the system.
OroCommerce is a B2B eCommerce platform, designed from the ground up for the unique needs of B2B businesses. If you’ve been looking for a way to expand your company’s potential by building your online presence, OroCommerce has you covered. This state-of-the-art software platform gives you all the tools you need to take your products into the digital world, including an online ordering platform.
There’s a built-in CRM included with OroCommerce, which helps business leaders with organizing sales pipelines, and determining what kind of sales and marketing outcomes you might achieve in the years to come. You also get the benefit of being able to address all B2B and B2C customers in the same platform.
OroCommerce features every business model, from self-service sites, to quote to order solutions for B2B companies and more. All that, and you get the benefit of a flexible, open-source environment, with a powerful community.
OroCommerce B2B customers mainly include large and medium-sized distributors and manufacturers from all over the world, you can find the list here.
- Support for B2B, B2C, B2B2C, marketplace and more
- Store building and back-end management
- Built-in CRM
- Built-in SEO features
- Sales and marketing reports
- Open-source environment
- Access control, roles and permissions
- Native RFQ, CPQ, and QTC workflows
- Workflow engine
- Multi-website, multi-organization & multi-language capabilities
- Multi-price lists, customisable pricing tiers
- Ecommerce and ERP syncing
- Extensive set of open API
- Access to extensions marketplace
- Extensibility for future growth
- Flexible building environment
- Free 24/7 support for Enterprise customers
Pricing: OroCommerce comes in two editions – Community and Enterprise. Community edition is publicly available for free download. To get exact pricing for the Enterprise Edition you will have to contact the OroCommerce team.
WooCommerce is the best b2b eCommerce platform on the market today for those who love WordPress. This open source ecommerce environment currently powers about 42% of the online stores in the digital landscape. Thanks to the flexibility that this tool offers, and it’s deep relationship with the WordPress environment, launching and managing an online store with WooCommerce is easy.
There are plenty of fantastic plugins and themes to explore, as well as specific hosting and maintenance services too. You can even find a range of performance optimization tools built into WooCommerce that are designed to help you rank higher and earn more sales.
WooCommerce provides a fully-featured platform for B2B ecommerce that’s easy to extend and grow as your business evolves. Features include:
- Countless checkout options
- Huge community for support
- Incredible range of extensions and ad-ons
- Fantastic for open-source flexibility
- Confidential information protection
- SEO friendly design
- High level of scalability
- Easy-to-use applications
- Works perfectly with WordPress
- Integrates with a range of existing tools
Pricing: The WooCommerce tech itself is free. However, you do need to pay extra for things like a domain name, hosting, and other premium essentials.
- WooCommerce Review – The King of Ecommerce Plugins on WordPress
- WooCommerce vs Shopify – Which One Is the Absolute Best?
If you’re looking for one of the best B2B ecommerce platforms rooted in Microsoft's reliability, look no further than nopCommerce. nopCommerce is a free and open-source platform that supports over 60,000 online shops. With 1,500 integrations and a community of over 250,000 members worldwide, nopCommerce provides a great solution that's the byproduct of eleven years of eCommerce experience.
nopCommerce is designed with small, medium-sized, and enterprise level businesses in mind. It seamlessly integrates with payment and shipment services and includes a variety of warehouse management and marketing tools.
It's worth noting that enterprises benefit from the multi-vendor and multi-store functionality (suitable for both B2B and B2C businesses).
Also, when we say that nopCommerce is free, we mean it! There aren't any transaction fees, monthly expenses, or hidden costs.
Developers can use this framework to enjoy unlimited customization.
Here’s a look at nopCommerce’s features:
- Mobile commerce
- Multi-store capabilities
- Multi-vendor capabilities
- Product attributes and comparison
- Stock management tools
- You can sell downloadable, rental, and recurring products
- Checkout (anonymous, one-page)
- Marketing tools – including a reward points system, related products, discounts and coupons, emails and newsletters, gift cards, and product reviews
- You can accept various payment methods
- Shipping features, including packaging slips, pickup points, shipping estimations and calculations
- Tax features – you can categorize your products and configure taxes by state
- GDPR compliance
- External authentication
- A wishlist functionality
Pricing: nopCommerce is entirely free. However, you can make additional purchases for your store. For $250, you can remove the “powered by nopCommerce” tag on the footer. You can also purchase premium support for three months or a year, at $299 and $799 each.
- nopCommerce Review: An Intuitive Opensource eCommerce Solution for All
Bagisto is a free, headless, open-source eCommerce solution allowing users to create a scalable B2B marketplace. You can use Bagisto to build an entire platform where suppliers and buyers can connect, display information about their brands, and host products.
Bagisto works on a multi-tenant SaaS infrastructure, meaning that users can utilize a single platform to host multiple customers that can sell their goods simultaneously.
Whether you want to launch an entire marketplace or a simple B2B selling platform, Bagisto makes it easy to set up a user-friendly interface. You can drag and drop various eCommerce features, such as products, catalogs, and PCI-DSS-compliant checkouts.
Then, you can control everything from an intuitive backend. For instance, you can monitor your inventory, organize shipping, and generate detailed reports on orders, product sales, and more.
- You can manage multiple stores and inventories from one backend
- Access to open-source coding
- Scalable extensions and feature modules are available
- Bagisto's checkouts are PCI-DSS compliant
- Access to detailed analytics and reporting functionality
- Boost SEO with analytics, including site speed, performance, and accessibility
- You can create B2B multi-vendor marketplaces
- Access to a headless, drag-and-drop store builder
- Allow users to search for products by images with built-in Tensorflow support
- Set team permissions with multi-level access options
- Incorporate live stream eCommerce with Bagisto's video marketing tools
Pricing: It's free to install and start using Bagisto. However, I suggest purchasing their extension features to develop your site further. This will require you to pay a one-off fee (pricing varies).
13. Oracle NetSuite
When looking for the best B2B ecommerce platform, it’s easy to caught up thinking about big names like WooCommerce and Magento. However, NetSuite is one of the most effective B2B commerce platforms that there is. If you’re looking for something that’s modern, scalable, and even affordable too, then you can’t go wrong with NetSuite.
This award-winning software in the cloud will give you everything you need to automate crucial operations, reduce business costs, and even increase the visibility of your site. As one of the most deployed ERP management tools in the world, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, this fantastic service is a great consideration or business owners.
Available across more than 140 countries, NetSuite will help you to sell to the customers that appeal most to you, for a price that you can afford. Major features include:
- Excellent integrations with CRM and ERP technology
- Back-office accounting and self-service portals for partners
- Fragmented data development and automated processes
- Hassle free and simple performance that’s great for beginners
- Click not code customization strategies
- Implementations with leading B2B tools
- Excellent pricing
- Support for selling around the world
- Extensible software that grows with you
- Access to multiple payment and checkout options
Pricing: The base license costs around $999 per month with access costs that increase depending on the number of users. Your price is likely to be tailored to you based on the unique needs of your business.
Finally on our list of the best B2B ecommerce platforms is PrestaShop. This open-source eCommerce platform helps you to create a store that’s totally customized to suit you. With PrestaShop, businesses can access a huge amount of customization options with dozens of professional themes, and more than fifty payment solutions too. There are various integrated customer service tools, and quick install features too.
If you’re looking for something that will help you to create your B2B store from scratch as quickly and easily as possible, then PrestaShop is sure to be a good choice for you. This fantastic service comes with modules that allow you to update your B2B performance, including customer registration and membership options.
For B2B business leaders on PrestaShop, there’s also billing available with or without VAT, tax invoicing, and VAT1 dual display. You can also access options to hide prices for certain visitors.
- Custom checkout
- Dozens of customizable themes
- Excellent inventory management
- Customer relationship tracking
- Reports and analytics
- Unique VAT and Tax features
- Price hiding options
- Membership and registration
- Social media and marketing tools
- Global selling
- Multiple currency choices
- More than 50 checkout options
- Demonstration PrestaShop
- Easy back-end performance
Pricing: Pricing for PrestaShop depends on what you need. For instance, you’ll be able to start with a cost of around $30, and work your way up depending on the various add-ons that you need.
- PrestaShop Review – Is It The Best Open Source Ecommerce Platform?
Choosing the Best B2B Ecommerce Platform
There are a lot of fantastic B2B ecommerce platforms available on the market today, all with their own unique benefits to offer budding business owners. The platform that you need will depend on your specific requirements. For instance, if you’re looking for something that integrates well with your WordPress website, and offers tons of extensibility, then you could try WooCommerce. If you need a product that delivers sensational CRM and ERP features, then the NetSuite solution might be better for you.
Shopify Plus offers an excellent choice for those who want high-level eCommerce features combined with a reliable and easy-to-use back-end, and dozens of apps and add-ons. On the other hand, Magento is one of the most well-known and popular B2B ecommerce platforms, with functionality that’s good enough to have earned it awards over the years.
When deciding which B2B ecommerce platform you should use, ask yourself which features matter most to you. The business leader in search of an eCommerce platform with plenty of back-end support will need something much different to someone who needs a platform that’s as flexible and scalable as possible. For instance, OpenCart is excellent if you want the freedom to adapt your online store to suit your needs, but it can be difficult to get used to for a beginner.
On the other hand, something like Volusion isn’t quite as extensible, but it comes with a lot of support, particularly if you choose one of the higher paying pricing packages, like Prime.
Which eCommerce Platform will you be using to transform your B2B business? Let us know in the comments below!