Whatever the case might be, you’re in the right place. In today’s post, we’ll go over the best email marketing providers for Shopify and explore their pros and cons.
Sound good? Excellent. Let's dive straight in!
The Best Email Marketing Services for Shopify
SendinBlue is a relatively new email marketing service provider but offers a lot of great features when it comes to Shopify. It has a dedicated Shopify plugin and detailed setup instructions that are easy to follow.
As far as features, SendinBlue stands out thanks to its ability to retarget your customers with SMS campaigns and automatic sync of all your new customers with SendinBlue. You’ll also be able to build sign up forms and create landing pages in case you want to run paid ad campaigns.
Another point in favor of SendinBlue is the ability to have a live chat on your page so you can talk to your customers in real time and point them in the right direction.
SendinBlue offers 5 different pricing plans, suitable for every budget.
- Free — the free plan allows you to send up to 300 emails per day and has no contact limits. Email personalization, automation, and CRM features are available even on the free plan.
- Lite — this plan includes all the features found in the free plan and removes the daily sending limit. You can send up to 40000 emails per month and the price is $25/month.
- Essential — this plan includes advanced statistics and the ability to A/B test your email campaigns. You can send up to 60000 emails per month and the price is $39/month.
- Premium — the Premium plan includes all the features from previous plans as well as the ability to run Facebook ads, live chat, multi-user access, and the ability to send between 120000 and 350000 emails per month. Depending on the number of emails you send, the price for this plan is between $66/month and $173/month.
- Enterprise — the Enterprise plan includes all of the above features as well as a dedicated account manager, priority sending, priority support, and managed sending. You’ll have to get in touch with SendinBlue’s sales department for a custom quote.
- SendinBlue makes it easy to send transactional email and has interesting features for eCommerce owners. For example, you can easily segment your list based on customer behaviour on your site and send them personalized offers
- Order data from Shopify gets exported in SendinBlue and linked to individual contacts so you can create automations based on that
- Send sensitive offers via SMS marketing automations
- Lead scoring and CRM is available even on the free plan
- There’s no way to integrate products directly into your email campaigns which would be a nice feature
- Adding purchased items into confirmation emails requires generating a bit of code which takes some getting used to
👉 Read our SendinBlue review.
👉 Check out our SendinBlue pricing guide.
GetResponse has been around since 1998. The company is focused on helping you create email marketing campaigns that drive conversions. GetResponse is a robust platform with features like landing pages, webinars and a CRM.
This platform also offers Deep Data integration with Shopify so you can easily sync your customer information, order and product data. Based on that information, you can then make use of advanced segmentation and tagging, and automated campaigns.
GetResponse offers 4 pricing plans. For each plan, you can choose between monthly, yearly, and biennial billing cycles. Each plan also offers a free 30-day trial.
- Basic — the Basic plan includes email marketing features, autoresponders, landing pages, 1 sales funnel, Facebook ads, the ability to sell products, and unlimited lead funnels. The price for this plan is $15/month for 1000 subscribers on monthly billing.
- Plus — the Plus plan includes everything on the Basic plan as well as automation builders, webinars and webinar funnels, contact scoring, sales funnels, and the ability to add 3 collaborators. The price for 1000 subscribers on a monthly billing cycle is $49/month.
- Professional — this plan includes all of the above features plus unlimited automations, paid webinars, on demand webinars, and up to 5 collaborators. The price for this plan is $99/month for 1000 subscribers on monthly billing.
- Enterprise — the Enterprise plan includes all of the features found in Professional plan as well as a dedicated account manager, email campaign consulting, deliverability consulting, and more. The price for this plan is $1199/month for more than 100000 subscribers.
- GetResponse offers premade templates so you can easily create your email campaigns
- It’s one of the more robust email marketing services for Shopify that allows you to build abandoned cart campaigns as well as sales campaigns and post-purchase emails
- You can create powerful sales funnels for your products with social ads as well as webinars
- Analytics aren’t as detailed as with some other email marketing services for Shopify
- GetResponse can get pricey as your list starts to grow
👉 Read our GetResponse review.
👉 Check out our GetResponse pricing guide.
Klaviyo is an email marketing service created specifically for e-Commerce stores. This makes it a great choice for any Shopify store owner. Klaviyo offers the ability to create sign up forms and integrate them seamlessly with your Shopify store. It automatically syncs customer data so you can follow up at the right time with personalized shopping and product recommendations.
You can easily add products into each and every email campaign you send. Their email builder tool uses a drag and drop interface so you can easily add various blocks into your email campaigns and automations.Klaviyo also offers the ability to use segments to target your Facebook advertising campaigns.
Klaviyo offers robust automation workflows and segmentation and modern-looking email templates. You can build automations from scratch or you start from a premade automation workflow and save time. In addition to that, Klaviyo also makes it easy to see how much each customer spent, and use data science to predict when they’ll make another purchase.
Klaviyo offers separate pricing plans for email, SMS, and a combination of email and SMS features. You can calculate the cost by entering the number of subscribers you currently have. Their email plans break down as follows:
- Free — they do offer a free tier which allows you to have up to 250 contacts and send up to 500 emails.
- Paid — if you have more than 250 contacts, you’ll pay $20/month and can send unlimited emails. Paid plan comes with email and chat support. Pricing goes up the more subscribers you have.
- Integration with Shopify is rather easy to set up
- Extensive selection of premade workflows, including abandon cart email automations
- Robust customer profiles where you can see their purchase history and predictions on the next purchase
- Klaviyo also has a good selection of premade email templates
- Pricing structure is a little confusing
- One of the more expensive options on the list
Constant Contact has been around for 20 years. This makes them a reliable choice when it comes to email marketing services for Shopify. They have an easy to use drag and drop email editor and premade templates you can use as a starting point. Constant Contact offers robust email marketing automation with the ability to send automated emails based on where users click, automatically resend emails to subscribers who didn’t open, and segment contacts.
You can also sync your store’s data with Constant Contact and create segments and automations that engage your customers and send them targeted messages. What makes Constant Contact stand out is the ability to create coupons, polls, and special offers.
Constant Contact offers 2 plans. Each plan comes with a 30-day free trial and pricing is based on the number of contacts. If you prepay for 6 months or a year, you can save up to 15%.
- Email — this plan starts at $20/month. It includes unlimited sends, customizable templates, basic eCommerce marketing, and the ability to accept online payments. It also includes transactional emails, popup forms, custom landing pages, integration with social media, and Google Ads.
- Email Plus — this plan starts at $45/month. It includes everything from the Email plan as well as the ability to send automated welcome and behavioral series, subject line A/B testing, dynamic content, polls, coupons, RSVP features, and new customer consultation.
- Constant Contact will create segments based on your customer behavior
- You can insert products into your email campaigns
- The drag and drop editor is easy to use
- You can send abandoned cart campaigns
- Automations available in Constant Contact aren’t as robust as in some other email marketing services for Shopify on this list
- Some of the features are locked behind the higher plan but are readily available in other services on lower-tiered plans
👉 Read our Constant Contact review.
👉 Check out our Constant Contact pricing guide.
Campaign Monitor has been around for quite a while. They have straightforward tools and automations that allow you to engage and nurture their subscribers. Their integration with Shopify is easy to set up. Campaign Monitor offers drag and drop email builder as well as pre-made email templates. You can send both email marketing campaigns as well as transactional emails.
Your customer data with Shopify syncs with Campaign Monitor so you can easily segment your list and build automations that send personalized emails. You can also create powerful customer journeys with actions and more timely emails.
Campaign Monitor offers four pricing plans. You can pay monthly and pricing is based on the number of subscribers you have in your account.
- Free — Campaign Monitor offers a free plan that allows you to test out their service. You can use the free email templates to send an email campaign to 5 subscribers.
- Basic — the Basic plan includes all core marketing features and allows you to send up to 2500 emails per month. You’ll also get access to insight analytics suite, and basic marketing automation. This plan is priced at $9/month for 500 subscribers.
- Unlimited — this plan includes everything from the Basic plan as well as the ability to send unlimited emails. You’ll also get access to time zone email sending, countdown timers, unlimited spam testing, and advanced marketing automations. You’ll pay $29/month for 500 subscribers.
- Premier — the Premier account includes all of the above features as well as premier email and phone support, prebuilt engagement segments, advanced link tracking, send time optimization, and the ability to lock certain sections of the email builder. If you have 500 subscribers, you’ll pay $149/month.
- Some of the famous brands are using Campaign Monitor for their email marketing which speaks to the quality of their services. Clients include Unicef, Australian Red Cross, GirlBoss, BirchBox, and more.
- Each plan includes some level of automation
- Time zone delivery and send time optimization are a nice feature that not all email marketing services for Shopify provide
- Free plan is terribly limited when compared with free trials or free plans offered by other email marketing services on this list
👉 Read our Campaign Monitor review.
ConvertKit appeals to bloggers and content creators however, it does offer some interesting features for online store owners. It has a simple integration with Shopify and you can sync your customer data with it. You can tag each customer when they make a purchase and create subscriber segments and automations based on those tags.
ConvertKit also offers the ability to create landing pages, sign up forms, and build visual automations. In addition to that, when you sign up for their email marketing platform, you’ll get access to their community as well as their Creator platform which offers free courses centered around launching a business and your first digital product.
ConvertKit offers 2 plans to choose from. You can pay monthly or annually and get two months free.
- Free — the Free plan is limited to 500 subscribers. You can send regular email campaigns, create forms and landing pages but you can’t create or trigger automations and sequences. While you can manually add your forms to Shopify, direct integration is not available on the Free plan.
- Complete — this plan unlocks all the features available in ConvertKit. You can create automated sequences, build visual automations, set up a custom domain, manage more than 1000 subscribers, and benefit from direct integrations. The pricing for this plan starts at $29/month for 1000 subscribers and it also includes a free concierge migration if you’re coming from a different email marketing provider.
- ConvertKit is incredibly easy to use so it’s perfect even for less tech-savvy customers
- You can create automated sequences based on customer purchases
- The analytics are easy to see and understand
- Their email templates are quite simplistic and if you want a more complex layout, you’ll need to code a custom template from scratch
- There is no way to add your products into your email campaigns
- Automations can only be triggered by a purchase which means there is no way to create abandoned cart campaigns
👉 Read our ConvertKit review.
Omnisend is another email marketing service that is geared towards e-Commerce businesses. As such, it’s a great choice for Shopify store owners. Like with Drip, you can create automations based on the smallest actions taken by your customers. You can also combine email with SMS and multi-channel marketing.
Omnisend has a drag and drop editor for building email campaigns and a straightforward integration with Shopify. You can sync your Shopify customer data with Omnisend and use it to segment your list and send targeted messages at the right time. A few standout features include the ability to send WhatsApp messages, gift boxes, scratch cards, and other incentives.
Omnisend offers four pricing plans. You can pay monthly or annually and you’ll get a discounted price for the annual plans. Pricing is dependent on the number of email subscribers you have.
- Free — the Free plan allows you to send up to 15000 emails per month. It includes email campaigns, sign up forms, and basic reports.
- Standard — the Standard plan includes everything from the free plan as well as email automations, SMS campaigns and automations, audience segmentation, and 24/7 support. The price for this plan is $16/month for 500 subscribers.
- Pro — this plan includes everything from the Standard plan as well as push notifications, Facebook retargeting, Google custom audience matching, advanced reporting, and priority support. The price for this plan is $99/month for 500 subscribers.
- Enterprise — the Enterprise plan is the only plan that includes unlimited emails. It also includes all of the above features plus Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, dedicated account manager, account migration, and deliverability support. You’ll need to contact their sales department for a custom quote.
- Omnisend is one of the email marketing services for Shopify with the easiest integration
- You can easily insert products from your store into your emails
- Plenty of conversion focused sign up incentives (scratch cards, wheel of fortune, etc)
- The number of templates is somewhat limited
- You can send only up to 15000 emails on all plans except Enterprise which could limit the amount of emails you can send as your subscriber count grows
MailerLite is another relative newcomer onto the email marketing scene but it offers a lot of great features. For starters, you can integrate MailerLite and Shopify with an API key and sync all your customer data with it. MailerLite will also create segments based on your customer behaviour which facilitates sending more personalized email marketing campaigns.
MailerLite also offers email automation features and a drag and drop interface for building out your email campaigns. You can embed surveys, deliver email campaigns based on time zones, automatically include your blog’s RSS feed, and insert your products directly into your newsletters.
MailerLite offers monthly and annual plans. Plans are priced based on the number of subscribers you have. Annual plans come with 30% savings.
- Free — the Free plan allows you to have up to 1000 subscribers and send up to 12000 emails per month. You can create automations even on the free plan and A/B test your emails. The free plan includes only email support and you can use their pre-made email templates.
- Premium — the premium plan includes all of the above features along with the ability to automatically resend email campaigns to subscribers who didn’t open or click the first time round. You can also remove the MailerLite logo and get access to more advanced stats. Pricing for the premium plan is based on the number of subscribers you have and starts at $15/month for more than 1000 subscribers.
- MailerLite has an easy to use interface and a drag and drop email campaign builder
- You can insert your products as well as surveys, images, social media icons, and other elements
- You can send abandoned cart emails and create automations based on customer behaviour
- MailerLite allows you to track the sales performance of each email campaign and there are specific templates made exclusively with e-Commerce stores in mind
- While offering some useful automations for e-Commerce stores, MailerLite lacks some of the more advanced automations such as customers visiting your site triggering a sales automation
- Sometimes, the email and automation builder takes a while to load which can be frustrating if you’re building a complex automation workflow
👉 Read our MailerLite review.
👉 Check out our MailerLite pricing guide.
Drip is another email marketing service created specifically for e-Commerce stores. This platform stands out for its ability to create automations for even the littlest actions taken by customers. For example, you can create automations when a customer views a product, creates or deletes a checkout, places or cancels an order and more. You can also create automations based on specific data such as total amount spent, what product or brand they bought, and similar.
Drip also offers tailored recommendations for your store based on customer behavior. You can create abandoned cart automations, welcome series automations, and more. In addition to that, Drip has cross-channel marketing features and detailed analytics that include standard email stats as well as revenue stats.
Drip offers a 14-day free trial. Pricing is based on the number of subscribers and all features are available even on the cheapest plan. Each plan includes customer insights, behavior and event tracking, customer segmentation, revenue attribution, multi-channel automations, chat and email support, and access to MyDrip learning hub.
- You’ll pay $49/month for 2000 subscribers
- You’ll pay $122/month for 3000 subscribers
- You’ll pay $184/month for 5500+ subscribers
- The integration process with Shopify is very easy
- The process of creating automations in Drip is straightforward
- You can create both simple and complex automations with features such as parallel paths, decisions, actions, and more.
- Drip offers pre-made templates for automations, including cart abandonment, welcome series, coupons, and more.
- Drip is one of the more expensive email marketing services for Shopify on this list
- Once you reach the subscriber limit, you’ll automatically be bumped to the next pricing tier
- Drip doesn’t offer as many email templates as some of the other providers
👉 Read our Drip review.
ActiveCampaign prides itself on offering everything you need to automate your entire customer experience. It offers email marketing automations, customer scoring, conditional email content, and more.
It offers Deep Data integration with Shopify so your customers details are immediately synced with ActiveCampaign. You can easily view their past behaviours in your store and use that knowledge to segment your list and create automations. ActiveCampaign also integrates with your site so you can easily send campaigns based on customers who return to visit your site.
ActiveCampaign offers four different pricing plans. Each plan comes with a 14-day free trial. You can pay monthly and annually. Pricing is based on the number of subscribers.
- Lite — the Lite plan includes unlimited sending, email marketing automation, chat and email support, and up to 3 users. The price for this plan is $15/month paid annually for 500 subscribers.
- Plus — the Plus plan includes everything from the Lite plan as well as Facebook custom audiences, lead and contact scoring, SMS marketing, dynamic content, and up to 25 users. The price for this plan is $70/month for 500 subscribers.
- Professional — this plan includes everything on the Plus plan. Extra features include predictive sending and content, customer attribution and path to purchase, site messaging, split automations, one-on-one training sessions and email marketing consultations. The price for this plan is $159/month for 500 subscribers.
- Enterprise — this plan includes all of the above features as well as a dedicated account manager, custom email domain, free social data for your subscribers, and unlimited users. The price is $279/month for 500 subscribers.
- You can create Facebook custom audiences and easily retarget your subscribers
- ActiveCampaign allows you to send SMS reminders and messages so you can easily follow up with your customers
- Their templates are easy to use and you can find pre-built automations on their marketplace
- you can see contacts’ orders, abandoned carts, and spending totals within their contact profiles too. Based on that information, you can build abandoned cart campaigns, send upsell emails, and more.
- ActiveCampaign has somewhat of a steep learning curve due to the sheer amount of features
- There is no way to automatically insert your products into emails
👉 Read our ActiveCampaign review.
👉 Check out our ActiveCampaign pricing guide.
Ready to find the best email marketing service provider for your Shopify store?
We hope that after reading this article, you have a better idea of which platform is the best email marketing provider for Shopify! All you have to do now, is decide on a platform and start creating your email campaigns!
Have you ever used any of the platforms we've listed in this article? If so, we would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Happy emailing!