Thinking of using a tool like Drip eCommerce CRM?
The world of eCommerce is very competitive. By 2021, it should be worth about 4.8 trillion dollars.
Getting ahead in an environment as cluttered as that one means knowing how to speak to your audience, and drive loyalty for your brand.
If you want to stand out today, you need more than just an awesome website. You also need to learn what your customers need, and how you can deliver the experiences that they're willing to pay for. An eCommerce CRM tool like Drip helps you to do just that.
As an eCommerce customer relationship manager service (ECRM), Drip lets you see exactly how your audience interacts with your brand. You can track everything from which emails they're clicking through, to what pages they're visiting.
Let's see if Drip is the tool for you.
Drip eCommerce CRM: Features
Drip is the first eCommerce CRM ever created.
As marketers around the world search for new ways to connect with their target audience, customer relationship management tools allow for a better insight into what your audience does when they interact with your brand.
Some of the pioneering features that are included in Drip CRM include automated workflows, purchase intent scoring, and email personalization. As a full CRM platform, Drip has plenty to offer anyone who signs up.
So, what kind of capabilities will you get?
- Email marketing tool: Drip eCommerce CRM comes with a fantastic email designer, built for both text and visual emails. Drip makes it easy to set up any kind of email that suits you – regardless of what you want your brand image to be.
- Multi-channel marketing: You don't have to communicate with your customers through email alone. With Drip, you can also connect through social media, landing pages, post-cards, and text messages.
- Customer tracking: Drip offers insights into what your customers are doing so you can make better decisions on how to connect with them and encourage conversions. You can also set up a scoring system for your leads.
- Personalization: Make sure that you're reaching your customers with the most relevant and engaging messaging. Drip's automation and segmentation features are excellent for helping you to drive stronger connections with your target audience.
Drip eCommerce CRM also comes with a host of APIs and integrations so you can adjust your experience of the platform to suit your needs.
Let's take a closer look at this pioneering tool.
Drip Commerce CRM: Marketing Automation
Keeping on top of sophisticated marketing campaigns is tough.
However, a little automation can make your life easier.
According to some studies, marketing automation can drive an up to 14.5% increase in sales productivity, and a 12.2% reduction in marketing overheads. That's probably why it's the core of Drip's solution.
To streamline your marketing experience, Drip delivers:
- Email building tools: Design the emails that are most likely to speak to your target audience with a simple toolkit, pre-made templates, and blueprints for both visual and text-based emails.
- Automation workflows: Make sure that you're constantly nurturing your customer connections with easy-to-follow workflows that mean you never lose track of what your audience is doing.
- Multi-channel marketing: Strengthen your relationship with your target audience by reaching them through more than just email marketing. Drip makes it easy to start and continue conversations through postcards, text messages, personalized website landing pages, and tailored Facebook ads.
- Email sequences or one-hit campaigns: Whether you want to broadcast a single message with your emails, or you want to maintain an ongoing discussion with a complete course, Drip can help. The tool allows you to choose the time delay you need between emails, and also offers suggestions on how you should continue your campaigns.
Drip eCommerce CRM: Tracking Code
One of the most important things you'll need to do if you want to run a successful business is make sure you're learning as much as you can about your target audience. Drip provides its customers with several ways to gather data about their clients, including a unique “tracking code.”
The Drip eCommerce CRM tracking code allows you to see the full customer journey for each of your clients, which can lead to more meaningful actions for your team. After all, the more you know about your customers, the easier it is to customise their experiences.
So, what can you do with Drip's tracking code?
- Apply custom tags
- Craft custom fields
- Record unique events
- Pinpoint your most valuable customers
- Score leads by specific actions
You even get to determine what kind of actions give your customers the most points in your Lead Scoring strategy, so it's easy to find the best sales opportunities.
Drip eCommerce CRM: Segmentation and Personalization
Once you've learned a little more about your audience through Drip's tracking code, the next step is to segment and personalize your marketing efforts.
So, how do you do that?
Easy! Drip makes customizing your marketing campaigns simple. Whether you want to create and post hyper-relevant content, or you're looking for a chance to create brand advocates, Drip can help. Just some of the personalization options provided include:
- Content customization: Adapt the content you send over email, text, and other channels to suit the individual needs of each of your marketing segments.
- Segmentation: Always know exactly what to say with your customers, with expert lead scoring options and automatically updating segments.
- Tags: Tag your most essential or highest-spending customers so you can boost your chances of quicker, more meaningful sales.
Drip eCommerce CRM: Analytics
The information you gather from an eCommerce CRM tool can lead to some critical decisions for the future of your business.
You can't afford to make choices without the right data to back them up.
Fortunately, you don't have to just guess at what's going on in your eCommerce strategy with Drip. You can choose your own custom conversion goals, automatically track your results, and make sure that you're making progress on your bottom line.
Analytics and reporting capabilities include:
- Custom conversion tracking for eBook downloads, purchases, demo requests, and more.
- 10 different reports to choose from for proof of concept and ROI
- Data management made simple through an easy UI
- Exportable data sets – make sure that you can take your information with you wherever you go.
Drip eCommerce CRM: Integrations
Tools that play well together are crucial in today's eCommerce environment.
You need your sales tools to work correctly alongside your sales tools, and vice versa.
As a crucial component of your customer care strategy, your ECRM solution should work seamlessly with whatever systems you're already using. That's why Drip offers plenty of integrations with things like Calendly, WooCommerce, Magneto, Shopify, and more. You can even set up integrations between Salesforce, and Facebook Leads
If you're new to using integrations, Drip also offers it's “Helping Hands” service. The Customer Success team will get you up and running quickly with any of the crucial tools that you rely on. There's also an easy-to-use migration system if you're moving into Drip from another CRM.
So, what if you want to build something brand-new?
For developers, Drip comes with a flexible API platform. You can use the application programming interfaces here to design tailored Facebook ads, unique landing pages, and more.
Drip eCommerce CRM: Ease of Use
Drip eCommerce CRM might have a lot to offer – but is it easy to use?
No-one likes a sophisticated marketing and sales tool.
Fortunately, Drip is remarkably well-formatted. Its navigation is intuitive and straightforward, and within a week or two, you should have found your way around most of the features. There are even a host of different dashboards to choose from, where you can track critical datapoints about the projects you're working on.
Here's what you get:
- The Account Dashboard: full of real-time data from your campaigns in the last 7 days and top-earning workflows.
- The Campaign Dashboard: brimming with relevant information on the overall performance of your campaigns. You can use this to see the content that's performing best for you.
- The Workflow Dashboard: get an in-depth overview of how your workflows are helping you to drive revenue and sales.
- The Broadcast dashboard: Check out the performance of your email broadcasts with analytics like “total revenue earned” and “average order value,” as well as unsubscribe rates.
There are a handful of things that could be improved in terms of usability, however. For instance, you can't directly convert a text-based email into a visual email – which is a bit annoying.
Drip eCommerce CRM: Pricing
So – how much are you going to have to pay for your ECRM?
There are 3 pricing tiers available:
- Basic: $49 per month for up to 2,500 subscribers
- Pro: $122 per month for up to 5,000 subscribers
- Enterprise: “Varies” for more than 5,000 subscribers
The pricing is pretty easy to understand, but you'll need to reach out to the team if you've got a hefty email subscriber list. All of the tiers come with 24/7 email and chat support, as well as unlimited email sends. You can also upgrade or downgrade your plan if you decide you don't need as many subscribers or need a few more.
Drip eCommerce CRM: Customer Service
Drip offers the standard customer service experience that comes from most email marketing, CRM, and automation tools. You'll find a comprehensive FAQ, a knowledge base, blog, and email correspondence too.
However, you can also enjoy access to dozens of “certified Drip consultants” who can answer any questions you might have. This is something you won't find from some of Drip's competitors. There's also an active Facebook community too.
The guides, user manuals, and API references are comprehensive and easy-to-use. You can also enroll in a deep-dive course if you prefer.
The self-service materials will be more than enough for most people. With automation schools, guides, and videos to dive into, you won't need to worry about spending months learning how to use your new software.
How the Competitors Compare
HubSpot’s free CRM easily integrates with the major ecommerce platforms so you can sync your online store data into HubSpot and use it to personalize and automate your marketing campaigns at scale. HubSpot allows you to step up your sales and marketing strategy by sending emails to visitors who’ve abandoned their cart items on your site so you can nurture them toward a purchase. You can create smart CTAs in content, product specific re-engagement ads, and so much more. You'll also have access to full funnel reporting, with data such as average order value or lifetime order value, at your fingertips to build a brand and voice that’ll help you standout.
HubSpot’s CRM tracks all of your interactions with your customers and all the data associated automatically gets stored in a tidy timeline. This will help your team better tailor their approach when reaching out to prospects. You can also track your emails with desktop notifications every time someone opens your email, clicks a link inside, or downloads an attachment.
Drip eCommerce CRM is an innovative, well-designed, and useful tool for CRM and marketing management. Although you might not understand how to use it immediately, you won't have to take much time learning how to use everything.
Drip also offers a 14-day free trial, so you can try before you buy.
I'd recommend getting as much as you can out of that trial before you commit to anything. However, most people should find that Drip helps them to get a better understanding of their target audience.