If you come from a place like Pakistan, Peru or Belarus you know that running a business is a little limited when it comes to how you accept credit cards and payments through PayPal and other processors. This is troubling considering it limits options for your business, whether it be a service or product-based business. This means you must resort to an old-fashioned money transfer, which is tedious, time-consuming and expensive.
Articles Richard has written:
2018 has been a very big year for BigCommerce in the UK. After a successful round of growth funding, which saw the company raise $64 million, BigCommerce decided their next expansion would be into the UK.
It is the first time that BigCommerce has expanded into Europe, after opening offices in the US and Australia. Brent Bellm, CEO for BigCommerce commented that “Establishing a presence in Europe has long been an aspiration of ours, and this London office will allow us to deliver more tailored programs and service to our customers and partners across Europe.”
Some of BigCommerce's largest customers are UK based including Kier Limited, AwesomeGTI and Trust Ford. With the new 20 employees being housed in their London office, including support staff, now is a great time to start considering BigCommerce if you are a UK retailer.
Ecommerce websites are popping up all around us. Are all of them successful? No. Most fail. But why? One of the most common reasons is that they do not put the needs of the user before the ideas of the business.
Happy Birthday Amazon! It’s been 20 years this month since its humble beginnings as an online bookstore. Now the world’s biggest internet retailer, it has presented an excellent opportunity for third party sellers to make a living.
It’s no surprise that it’s popularity continues to rise with sellers, Web Retailer recently reported that 4 times as many people make a million in sales on Amazon compared to eBay. With $88,000 being spent every minute globally on the site, we thought it would be a good idea to share some tips and tricks to help you increase sales, starting today.
As a current – or soon-to-be – owner/manager of an ecommerce store, I'm sure I don't need to tell you much about the importance or value of email marketing for your business. Suffice it to say that email marketing has been proven to be one of the most profitable online marketing methods, without a doubt.
There are many benefits to email marketing that make it a much more effective option to targetting customers than say, social media or Google Adwords. Some of the benefits include:
- List building – email marketing gives you the opportunity to build your subscriber list. This enables you to monitor their behaviour and segment them based on purchases, which results in highly targeted marketing
- Cost-effective – the majority of email software providers offer a very economic monthly subscription. A lot of companies offer a wide range of packages to fit the number of subscribers you have. So if you are just starting out you won't be outpriced
- Personal – similar to the point on list building, not only can you make emails personal based on customer interest but you can also include their name in the subject line to increase open rates
- Measurable – there is no guesswork involved with email marketing. You can a/b test subject lines, view click and open rates and even track if anyone went to your website and purchased items as a result of an email
- Actionable – emails always put the emphasis on the customer to perform some sort of action. This may be simply replying to the email or taking advantage of an offer you've produced
- Mobile friendly – people are always checking their emails on their mobiles, so you can always be in their pocket with your email marketing
As you can see from above there are many advantages to email marketing which has resulted in there being a lot of email marketing software providers. So which is the best? We cover a lot of email marketing apps on this blog and now it's the turn of iContact.
Regardless of whether you currently own your own ecommerce store or you are looking to get started in the ecommerce world, having an effective email marketing software supplier is vital to the success of your business.
However, selecting the right email marketing software for your business can be a very tricky process. Some of the big players in email marketing include Mailchimp, Aweber and ConstantContact, nonetheless, Campaign Monitor is a well-established company that can lay claim to be amongst the big guns.
Choosing the right software has a lot to do with the CRM (customer relationship management) tool that you are using as well. If your CRM and email marketing software can link then the process of qualifying your customers and leads becomes easier. Ensuring you are sending the right materials to the right people, at the right time
All of the aforementioned email providers all have their own unique benefits and hindrances so it's vital that you take care in choosing.
To make this easier we have put together an overview of Campaign Monitor's pricing, features, pros and cons and whether it's suitable for you, depending on what stage your business is at.