Whether you are a current ecommerce store owner or a budding online seller looking to make a start, you should hopefully be aware of the value that email marketing can bring your business.
The process of choosing the right email marketing software for your company however could leave you with a headache. There are plenty of options available and this has made the market quite saturated.
Continue reading ConstantContact Review [E-mail Marketing Service]
Ecommerce websites are popping up all around us. Are all of them successful? No. Most fail.But why? One of the most common reasons: they do not put the needs of the user before the ideas the businesses have.
Continue reading The 50 Top Ecommerce Websites – 2018 Edition
If you come from a place like Pakistan, Peru or Belarus you know that running a business is a little limited when it comes to accepting credit cards and payments through PayPal and other processors. This is troubling considering it limits options for your business, whether it be a service or product-based business. This means you must resort to an old-fashioned money transfer, which is tedious, time-consuming and expensive.
Continue reading Accept Credit Cards Online: The Best Way to Receive Payments in Any Country Using 2Checkout, Payoneer and InvoiceNinja (July 2018)
Handling customer contact information is tough enough without having to jump back and forth between your ecommerce platform and a useful CRM. Does your online business even use a CRM? Are you wondering what the benefits are to see if a CRM is worth the investment?
To start, a CRM has a wide range of benefits such as improving your customer relationships, increasing customer revenues, maximizing upselling and cross selling, improving your internal communications and optimizing your overall marketing strategy.
Continue reading The Best CRMs that Integrate with Shopify: A Comparison
Happy Birthday Amazon! It’s been 20 years this month since its humble beginnings as an online bookstore. Now the world’s biggest internet retailer, it has presented an excellent opportunity for third party sellers to make a living.
It’s no surprise that it’s popularity continues to rise with sellers, Web Retailer recently reported that 4 times as many people make a million in sales on Amazon compared to eBay. With $88,000 being spent every minute globally on the site, we thought it would be a good idea to share some tips and tricks to help you increase sales, starting today.
Continue reading 7 Tips for Amazon Sellers to Increase Sales
Are you a seller who's ready to go online? For many new online merchants it's a very cumbersome and difficult process to understand ecommerce. They often fail to understand the basics of ecommerce and consequently face problems in setting up their online businesses.
The core items you'll need to configure (or find) as an ecommerce professional include the following:
- A domain registration (such as xyzbusiness.com)
- A quality ecommerce website developer or platform (like Shopify or Bigcommerce)
- Quality (not just the cheapest) web hosting (Hosting is included with platforms like Shopify, but not with systems likeWordPress and Magento)
- A shopping cart
- A way to accept your payments – AKA the combination between a merchant account, payment processor and payment gateway (detailed below)
In this article, I discuss one of the most important aspects of ecommerce: The way you're going to accept payments.
It sounds simple at first, but there are actually three elements that come into play for taking those payments from customers and getting them into your own account:
- A merchant account
- A payment processor
- A payment gateway
Now you might be wondering, what's the difference between a payment gateway, payment processor and a merchant account?
That's what we're here to discuss. All three of these elements work together to transfer money from the customer to the merchant, but it helps to understand what each of them do throughout the process.
Continue reading What's the Difference Between a Payment Processor, Payment Gateway & Merchant Account?
As a current – or soon-to-be – owner/manager of an ecommerce store, I'm sure I don't need to tell you much about the importance or value of email marketing for your business. Suffice it to say that email marketing has been proven to be one of the most profitable online marketing methods, without a doubt.
There are many benefits to email marketing that make it a much more effective option to targetting customers than say, social media or Google Adwords. Some of the benefits include:
- List building – email marketing gives you the opportunity to build your subscriber list. This enables you to monitor their behaviour and segment them based on purchases, which results in highly targeted marketing
- Cost-effective – the majority of email software providers offer a very economic monthly subscription. A lot of companies offer a wide range of packages to fit the number of subscribers you have. So if you are just starting out you won't be outpriced
- Personal – similar to the point on list building, not only can you make emails personal based on customer interest but you can also include their name in the subject line to increase open rates
- Measurable – there is no guesswork involved with email marketing. You can a/b test subject lines, view click and open rates and even track if anyone went to your website and purchased items as a result of an email
- Actionable – emails always put the emphasis on the customer to perform some sort of action. This may be simply replying to the email or taking advantage of an offer you've produced
- Mobile friendly – people are always checking their emails on their mobiles, so you can always be in their pocket with your email marketing
As you can see from above there are many advantages to email marketing which has resulted in there being a lot of email software providers. So which is the best? We cover a lot of email marketing apps on this blog and now it's the turn of iContact.
Continue reading iContact Review [E-mail Marketing Service]
Regardless of whether you currently own your own ecommerce store or you are looking to get started in the ecommerce world, having an effective email marketing software supplier is vital to the success of your business.
However, selecting the right email marketing software for your business can be a very tricky process. Some of the big players in email marketing include MailChimp, Aweber and ConstantContact, nonetheless, Campaign Monitor is a well-established company that can lay claim to be amongst the big guns.
Choosing the right software has a lot to do with the CRM (customer relationship management) tool that you are using as well. If your CRM and email marketing software can link then the process of qualifying your customers and leads becomes easier. Ensuring you are sending the right materials to the right people, at the right time
All of the aforementioned email providers all have their own unique benefits and hindrances so it's vital that you take care in choosing.
To make this easier we have put together an overview of Campaign Monitor's pricing, features, pros and cons and whether it's suitable for you, depending on what stage your business is at.
Continue reading Campaign Monitor Review [E-mail Marketing Service]