Dropshipping is one of the most popular business models for entrepreneurs in the digital landscape. With a dropshipping company, you don’t need to deal with the stress of creating or even storing your own products. There are no warehousing fees to worry about, and no panic about what might happen if you don’t sell all of your stock.
With a dropshipping partner to provide fulfillment services for all of your orders, much of the headaches associated with running a business are banished.
As the demand for the dropshipping model has grown, the types of business you can build using this methodology have evolved. Today, there’s even a specific type of dropshipping for creative people who make their own designs: print on demand.
Today we’re going to introduce you to the best Print on Demand suppliers for your t-shirt business.
How Does Print on Demand Dropshipping Work?
Print on demand companies offer a unique version of the dropshipping model. With the right print on demand t-shirt suppliers, you can get another company to put your designs onto high-quality garments and send them to your customers. There’s minimal upfront cost involved, but you should take up as much responsibility as can.
The Best Companies for Print on Demand T-Shirts
Although running a POD dropshipping store is generally a lot easier than starting a fashion business from scratch, you still need to keep a few things in mind. For instance, you might still be responsible for customer support, and responding to customers when a delivery doesn’t show up. That means you need to find a supplier you can rely on.
Additionally, you’ll need to ensure that your print on demand t-shirts are good quality if you want to keep your customers coming back for you. This is your chance to build an image for your online store, after all. Fortunately, there are a handful of options available to get you started.
The kind of company you choose to supply your print on demand T-shirts will depend on a number of things. For instance, you’ll need to choose between things like embossing and direct to garment printing. You might also need to consider how quickly your chosen supplier can get your custom products to your target audience.
When you’re putting all of the work into creating amazing designs for t-shirts, phone cases, and other products, your POD supplier will help to keep your stress levels as low as possible. These companies don’t just take on the challenge of creating your items. The right print on demand business will ensure that you have everything you need to thrive online.
Some of the market leaders in print on demand dropshipping even help you to find customers by promoting your designs to an existing network of customers. Others integrate with your marketing tools for better end-to-end selling.
However, you’ll need to ensure that the tool you choose works with your business plan, and your eCommerce platform. Here are some of our top picks for this year.
Printful is one of the best and most popular print on demand companies in the current landscape. This company offers everything you need to get started with your own store, from integrations with Amazon and Shopify, to 20% discounts on sample orders.
Printful benefits from quick shipping times, so you can boost your relationships with customers by giving them the items they buy as fast as possible. What’s more, Printful also offers a built-in mockup generator. This means that you can check how your t-shirts are going to look in advance.
With Printful, you pay for the items that you want to buy and sell with your unique designs. You’ll also have a small fee to pay for things like packaging and fulfilling the order. Unfortunately, it’s hard to predict a price with POD companies with too much certainty, as it all depends on what you buy, and what kind of service you want to give to your customers.
- Quick shipping, often between 2-5 business days within various parts of the world
- Excellent shipping rates and wholesale prices for items
- Wide selection of printing options, including cut and sew, direct to garment, sublimation printing and more.
- Built-in mockup generator to test your designs before you sell
- Integrations with a range of leading website design tools
- User friendly performance that’s easy for beginners
- Tons of product options to choose from, including tote bags, mugs, phone cases, and prints. In case you want to go beyond t-shirts
- Different folders to help you organize your files on the Printful back-end
- If you’re using Shopify, you won’t be able to use the override shipping settings option
- Problems with shipping plugins for WooCommerce
- Can be difficult to see a combination of non-Printful and Printful products
Who is it Best For? ✅
We’d recommend Printful as a leading POD platform for T-shirts for beginners and entrepreneurs in search of flexible, and well-rounded solutions for online selling. Printful can easily scale at the same pace as your business. You can even add your own branding to your products and packaging to make your items really stand out.
Printify is another name with a lot of impact in the POD world. If you’re looking for a convenient way to sell everything from t-shirts to leggings, Printify has you covered. With fantastic custom printing on demand services, Printify is a “vendor network”. This means that the company sources and prints products from companies around the world.
How it works is that you choose a Printify partner that you want to work with, and they help with everything from production, to fulfillment. The amount you spend on your Printify experience will depend on the print provider that you pick.
Printify offers a range of ways to bring your product catalog to life, with cut and sew, embroidery, and direct to garment options. You can also upgrade and pay for the monthly premium plan if you want a 20% discount on all of your orders. This is a great option for businesses that are ready to scale.
- Lots of different printing providers to choose from, so you can build a relationship with the right company.
- Flexible pricing model means that you can save extra cash as your business grows. The premium option is a great bonus.
- Over 200 different products to choose from to add to your storefront.
- Cheaper products than you might get from some of the other leading companies for print on demand t-shirts
- Easy to use platform that appeals to people all over the world
- Printify doesn’t integrate with as many tools as Printful
- There aren’t a lot of branding services if you want your own brand to stand out
- The print quality can fluctuate depending on who you work with
Who is it Best For? ✅
Printify is a great option for any business owner that wants a large variety of choice. Not only can you pick from a wide selection of different products, like tank tops, sweatshirts, and custom t-shirts, but you can choose from unique suppliers too. This means that you can find the direct to garment printing or screen printing service that’s perfect for you.
3. Print Aura
Print Aura is another fantastic company to choose as your T-shirt partner for POD dropshipping. Designed to be easy for beginners and ecommerce experts alike, Print Aura gives you the freedom to sell a wide selection of products under your own brand. The experience you get from this company is remarkably similar to the one available from Printful.
The Print Aura company, headquartered in New York, will offer you a fantastic range of international shipping options to support your customers, often at affordable prices. Additionally, Print Aura gives you the option to update your packaging too. If you’re running a complete business online, Print Aura will ensure that you can continue to enhance your brand image.
You can connect Print Aura with everything from OpenCart and BigCommerce, to WooCommerce, Shopify, Etsy and more. This means that loading your products and mockups onto your website couldn’t be easier. Once again, with this company, the price that you pay for your dropshipping services will depend on what you choose to sell.
- Excellent wholesale prices for a wide range of product options
- No setup costs or monthly fees to worry about, you can jump straight into selling
- An API means you can embed your print on demand solution into your existing tools
- Easy to integrate with a range of other website building services
- Easy to use, with useful tutorials and support online
- Wide range of products to choose from, so your business can keep growing
- Mockup generator included
- Some limitations on the products you can create – no sublimation available
- Interface and ordering process isn’t very straightforward
- Bit of an outdated process
Who is it Best For? ✅
Print Aura will appeal to any business owner who wants to start selling their own unique products online, without spending a fortune. Although you might not get quite as much freedom as you get from competitors, Print Aura can still deliver an excellent dropshipping experience for a low price. What’s more, the fantastic integration options are a huge bonus.
Sellfy is a little different from other print-on-demand solutions. Instead of acting just as a POD dropshipping supplier, it’s a complete eCommerce platform.
Sellfy lets you create an online store with a simple design. From there, you can sell your own digital or physical products or opt to sell items from Sellfy’s print-on-demand merchandise catalog. Each can be customized to suit your brand and sold via the same platform, so you don’t need a website to get started!
That said, Sellfy is still a little limited in the range of print-on-demand products on offer. However, it has everything you might require for your t-shirt merchandising needs. Sellfy offers sizes ranging from XS to 5XL in more than 40 colors and includes t-shirts, sweatshirts, and tanks.
If you’re looking for extra customization, you can add embroidery for a one-off $6.50 fee for each design, which must be converted into a stitching pattern.
- Sellfy comes with a website builder and marketing tools
- There’s a free plan available
- There’s a built-in mockup generator you can use to help design your t-shirts
- You can integrate Sellfy with Wix to sell print-on-demand products from your Wix site.
- You can embed products on any existing website using the buy-now button.
- There’s the option of embroidering garments.
- There aren’t many POD merchandise options available besides basic apparel.
- Sellfy’s features are relatively basic across the board, meeting several needs at a surface level.
- You can’t customize the packaging.
Who is it Best For? ✅
Sellfy is best suited to beginners looking to create a quick website and sell merchandise and/or digital products. However, if you want to expand your eCommerce business and sell a more varied product offering, Sellfy will quickly become limiting. For Sellfy’s price, you’d be better off seeking a platform that integrates with a free POD supplier that offers more product flexibility.
Another market leader in the print on demand dropshipping market, TeeSpring started off as a basic POD website that sold nothing but customizable t-shirts. As the market for dropshipping clothing increased, Teespring began to evolve. Now the company provides everything from tank tops, to unique accessories, socks, and home décor.
One of the things that makes Teespring stand out from its competition, is that creating mockups is extremely easy. You can use the design tool on the Teespring website to see what your designs will look like on virtually any item. TeeSpring also handles all the hard parts of running a business for you, like shipping and managing your products.
You will need to choose campaign lengths for each product that you’re promoting, however, which might be a bit confusing for some beginners. On the plus side, you do get access to Teespring’s boosted network, which means that you can find a more comprehensive selection of customers to sell to much faster than you would on your own.
- Great for promoting your designs to a wider range of people
- Excellent order process with lots of different products to choose from
- Easy to build a brand for your company if you want to earn a reputation online
- Easy-to-use editor means making your own t-shirt mockups is very straightforward
- You can handle all of your shipping needs and products on the back-end
- Campaign lengths mean that you can constantly produce new products
- You still need to do all the work of promoting your products on your own for the most part
- There will be limited space on the front and back of your shirt for a design
- It can be difficult to let your creativity shine with Teespring’s limit
- There’s a time limit on how long your designs last
Who is it Best For? ✅
If you have a lot of ideas that you want to share with the world quickly, TeeSpring is a great choice. The company will help you to get your brand seen on the web, thanks to its Boosted network. Additionally, you get plenty of help managing your business on the back-end.
Gooten is a popular choice for Print on Demand beginners. If you’re looking for something with lots of branding options, and unique opportunities for your t-shirt design, then this is it. Like other print on demand sites, Gooten will allow you to sell your own designs with the help of dropshipping partners. However, unlike its alternatives, you can also use Gooten to sell the designs of other people.
Excellent for business owners that want to build a reliable profit margin, Gooten handles everything that you need to stand out online, from fulfillment services to shipping and packaging. What’s more, there’s an automated system for tracking your deliveries too.
Gooten also benefits from allowing store owners to integrate with some of the leading platforms for sales, such as Amazon, Shopify, and eBay. Once you’re ready to move on from t-shirts, you can add countless extra options to your website, including, tote bags, holiday décor, home accessories, prints, and kids apparel.
- You get to sell products on the platform that’s suitable for you, including your own website
- Excellent dashboard that’s great for beginners
- Lots of options for sales beyond print on demand t-shirts
- Integrates with leading eCommerce platforms to suit your business
- Automated order tracking to help you improve customer service
- You’ll need to do all of your own marketing on social media and the search engines
- Pricing isn’t always obvious, which can leave you feeling confused
Who is it Best For? ✅
If you’re looking for something that can integrate with your existing website, then Gooten is a good option. You can enjoy incredible t-shirt printing options, as well as endless successful fulfillment options too. Gooten makes it easier to run a store that has tons of earning potential when you’re just starting out in the creative world.
7. Custom Cat
Custom Cat is a fantastic tool for anyone interested in creative dropshipping. With this service, you can enjoy a powerful web-to-product manufacturing system and fulfillment solution that combines the premium pricing of a custom product, while eliminating costly design options.
There are lots of great benefits to working with Custom Cat. You get a quick on-demand fulfillment experience, often with products being shipped within 2 to 3 days. There’s no minimum order to worry about, and you can buy virtually anything you like, including t-shirts and hoodies.
The paperless production system eliminates setup for businesses, which means that you can get your designs faster. There’s also high-resolution printing available, so you know you’re going to be getting a quality experience to deliver to your customers. Embroidery technology used by Custom Cat also means that you can create more professional looking designs.
- Excellent range of design fulfillment options with a 2-3 day turnaround
- No minimum order requirements, so you can buy just one item at a time
- Lots of different products to choose from aside from print on demand t-shirts
- Digital polyester printing that allows you to decorate more high-performance pricing
- Ecommerce store solutions to suit your needs
- Doesn’t work with much outside of Shopify
- Lacking some extra features that would make it more effective
Who is it Best For? ✅
Another excellent choice for anyone who wants to start their own print on demand business. This app will help you to transform your company without having to worry about shipping and storage. There’s great pricing, a vast selection of items, and plenty of high-quality prints to choose from.
8. Lulu Xpress (Alternative Option)
Lulu Xpress isn’t a print on demand company for t-shirts, but it is worth noting for its unique feature set. If you decide that t-shirt printing isn’t for you, then Lulu Xpress can offer an alternative in the form of book printing. Shipping is excellent, starting with solutions that you can send to your audience within 2-5 business days.
Printing options range from pocketbook to A4 landscapes, and you can choose from a wide variety of different designs, including perfect bound, hardcover, and multiple finishes. You can even sell your books on sites like Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Lulu’s marketplace too.
- Excellent service that’s versatile and easy to use for beginners
- Unique option for photographers, writers, teachers, and other creatives
- Good range of printing options and product types available
- Convenient website with excellent pricing
- Only suitable for printing books, not t-shirts and other options
Who is it Best For? ✅
If you’re going to print and sell books online, then Lulu Xpress is the obvious choice. We particularly love this option for those who might already be printing with other Print on Demand solutions online, and want to take their product range to the next level.
The Best Print on Demand T-Shirt Options: Conclusion
When it comes to printing on demand for your own t-shirts and other creative designs, there’s no shortage of options. Your choice will depend on a number of things, including how much you can afford to spend, and whether you want a wider range of products than just t-shirts.
You might also want to consider whether you’ll want some help with your marketing, or you’re happy to go it alone and build your own brand.
Printful is the option that we would choose for our top POD t-shirt company, thanks to their excellent service and range of design options. If you’re not sure which print on demand solution is right for you, consider testing out some different websites and seeing which one you feel the most comfortable with. There are a handful of options that will allow you to test your mockups for a small price.