Dropshipping has quickly emerged as one of the simplest and most compelling ways to make money online. With a dropshipping business, you don't have to worry about things like finding a warehouse where you can store your products or purchasing more inventory than you can handle.
Dropshipping allows you to work hand-in-hand with a supplier to ensure that your customers always get the products that they need, with minimal fuss.
One of the leading wholesale solutions for dropshippers today is AliExpress. For years, AliExpress has stood out as an affordable platform, brimming with a wide variety of products to choose from. Unfortunately, it isn't perfect for everyone. Some people simply can't find the products they need on AliExpress, or they worry about the credibility of the merchants.
If you think that AliExpress might not be the right dropshipping site for you, then you've come to the right place.
Here, we're going to list all the best AliExpress alternatives on the market today.
Benchmark: What is AliExpress?
Before we begin exploring the alternative options to AliExpress for modern dropshippers, it's worth examining the benchmark product. AliExpress is a subsidiary of the Alibaba Group that first appeared in 2010. Since then, the brand has become one of the fastest-growing eCommerce platforms in the world.
AliExpress is highly versatile, and appeals to the international market, with around 16 languages to choose from when you're shopping. Additionally, this platform also sells products in smaller quantities for companies that don't want to sell wholesale.
- Direct shipping: AliExpress items are often shipped directly from China, which means that there aren't a lot of middlemen in the mix, increasing your chances of errors with your order.
- Wide selection of products: AliExpress has a vast range of products to choose from, ranging all the way from children's toys to clothing and more.
- Easy to explore: Dropshippers can search through products by category and find the products that are ideal for their website.
- Global access: AliExpress supports dropshipping merchants from all over the world, with multiple languages available to choose from.
- Suppliers: While many of the suppliers on AliExpress are reliable, there are some that rock the boat by listing false advertisements. It's difficult to know whether anyone can be trusted.
- Long shipping times: Although products are often sent to customers directly from China, this can also mean that your customers have to wait a long time before they receive the items that they want.
- Difficult returns: because products are shipped from overseas, it's often very difficult to arrange a return or exchange if your customer isn't happy with whatever they receive.
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Our Pick – Alibaba
The good news for today's Dropshippers, is that selling through suppliers has become a very popular type of eCommerce. Anyone who wants to avoid the headache and hassles of storing their own products in a warehouse or managing shipping can choose dropshipping to simplify their sales. This means that there's a lot of excellent alternatives out there to AliExpress that you can explore.
One of the best solutions of all is actually the parent company of AliExpress, Alibaba. If you're looking for something a little different to AliExpress, you can get an incredible and professional experience with Alibaba.
Alibaba is essential a global trading platform that offers products in bulk. You can usually find items in large quantities, which means that you'll need to buy large amounts at once to get a good deal. However, you could pay as little as pennies per product.
- Easy to use search function to help you find the ideal items for sale
- Bulk suppliers available around the world, with cheap pricing to suit your budget
- Huge variety of products and categories to explore for any kind of business
- Much faster shipping process than AliExpress for most products
- Free to use when you're setting up your business – just pay for the products you buy
- Not for people who only want a few products at a time, thanks to high minimum orders
- Can be challenging to get in touch with suppliers when you need them
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Salehoo
If neither AliExpress nor Alibaba appeal to you as the perfect drop shipping solution, don't panic, we've got a lot of other alternatives to explore. For instance, Salehoo is one of the most appealing choices for people who are sick and tired of worrying about the trustworthiness of their suppliers. Although some suppliers on AliExpress are reliable, others can leave you pulling your hair out, with unhappy customers.
Fortunately, when you buy your dropshipping products through Salehoo, you get a much more dependable experience. Salehoo always vets its suppliers, so you know that it's 25 million-plus products all come from someone you can trust. That's probably why Salehoo has been featured on sites from HuffPost to Forbes.
- Excellent support for dropshipping customer service
- Wide selection of more than 25 million products to sell
- All suppliers come pre-vetted so you know that you can trust them
- Easy to use search function to help you get started in a hurry
- Lots of success stories from happy customers
- Paid directory can make it challenging to choose suppliers without bias
- Less of a global appeal (the USA only)
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Doba
Widely regarded as one of the most comprehensive dropshipping stores on the market, Doba provides a highly detailed directory of wholesalers and manufacturers to choose from. With Doba, you don't necessarily need to partner with dozens of suppliers to start running your business. Instead, you find the product that you want to sell, list it on your website, and start selling.
Doba does most of the hard work for you by contacting the supplier and sending products to customers on your behalf. This means that you don't have to worry about managing the wholesalers that you work with.
- You don't have to manage your own wholesalers, Doba does the work for you
- Huge product offering with countless suppliers
- Easy to organize lists for bulk export into your store
- Get email updates about supplier discounts and more
- Slightly fewer products than AliExpress
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: DHGate
If you're looking for a dropshipping website that's very similar in style to AliExpress, then you'll probably appreciate the appeal of DHGate. The navigation and appearance of this website is very similar to what you would usually get from AliExpress, so there shouldn't be too much confusion to worry about.
The only downside with DHGate is that there are some of the same problems on this site as you would get on AliExpress. For instance, the shipping times are usually long, and you can't always trust every supplier that you turn to. On the other hand, if you're looking for a similar solution to AliExpress with more products to choose from, DHGate could be just the thing.
- Huge variety of products, even more significant than AliExpress
- Simple navigation and easy to use interface like AliExpress
- Free to use for creating your dropshipping relationships
- DH Buyer protection included
- Issues with supplier trust
- Long shipping times for many products
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Taobao
At first glance, Taobao might seem confusing, because it is a Chinese website, specifically designed to appeal to Chinese drop shippers. While this site is very similar to AliExpress on the surface, it also offers a lot more variety than the standard dropshipping option. Taobao is by far, one of the best AliExpress alternatives for companies with an interest in selling clothing.
With a massive selection of products to choose from, including clothing from leading brands, there's plenty of opportunities to make money with this site. However, you might have a hard time browsing the website, because it's easily to translate into English, particularly with a lot of content printed onto pictures.
- Massive selection of products to choose from included branded clothing
- High-quality products from most suppliers and good reliability
- Lots of categories to explore and plenty of credit card options
- Free to use for setting up dropshipping relations
- Complex order process for people outside of China
- Difficult to navigate the website
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Worldwide Brands
Another incredibly popular tool for today's dropshippers is Worldwide Brands. As soon as you visit the website, you'll notice that this site takes a very different approach to dropshipping than competitors like Alibaba or AlieExpress. The good news, however, is that this company has been around for years, and it can easily offer a wide variety of products to sell to your customers.
With direct access to all the wholesalers that you might want to work with and millions of products to choose from, Worldwide Brands is easy to use. However, unlike AliExpress, you do need to pay to use the directory.
- Safe and secure, with highly-rated wholesalers that you can trust
- Direct access to all the wholesale providers that you want to work with
- Millions of certified products to choose from
- Highly reputable business with years of experience
- You will need to pay an annual fee to sign up
- Less straightforward than AliExpress
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Banggood
Banggood is very similar in style to AliExpress, offering low prices on a wide range of amazing products. If you're looking for a website that provides everything from smartphones to leading VR technology, then you're going to love Banggood. Additionally, it's worth noting that many people still don't know about this website, which means that it's an enticing place to find new products.
With options to buy items from across the United States, Hong Kong, China, and more, you're sure to find something that you want from Banggood. However, like AliExpress, it can take anywhere up to 30 days for the products that your customers to reach their location.
- Easy-to-use navigation to help you find the ideal products
- Wide range of products to choose from, including smartphones and drones
- Plenty of payment options accepted
- Dozens of languages to choose from
- Fewer products than Alibaba or AliExpress
- Long shipping times
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Lightinthebox
Lightinthebox is a popular Chinese wholesale store that sells a wide variety of trending products to consumers all across the globe. This website is perfect for helping merchants to find and purchase state-of-the-art products to appeal to their customers. Many companies find that this website is particularly useful for buying clothing, electronics, and jewelry.
As with AliExpress, however, it's worth noting that the warehouses for Lightinthebox are located in China, which means that you're going to be waiting for anywhere up to a month for people to get the products that they buy. Additionally, there's not as much of a wide selection on this website as you'd get on AliExpress.
- Range of payment options to choose from when stocking up on products
- Great for fashion accessories and household products
- Low prices – sometimes lower than other companies in a similar niche
- Easy to use website and navigation
- Very long delivery times for most products
- Not always 100% reliable with suppliers
Tips for Choosing your AliExpress Alternative
Remember, there are a lot of AliExpress alternatives available to choose from today, but not all of them will be as reliable or trustworthy as they seem. As with any business decision, it's essential to do your research and learn as much as you can about the suppliers and companies; you're going to work with going forward. Check out the reviews from other websites and talk to representatives from the company that you're thinking of working with if you can.
Additionally, before you start using any wholesale or dropshipping tool, make sure that the payment methods available to use are fully secure and reliable. You need to make sure that you're not spending money on a scam.
Dropshipping can be an excellent way to launch a business online, but it does come with its hurdles and challenges to consider too. Choosing the right dropshipping website is one of the toughest parts of getting started with your new company.