Dropshipping has quickly emerged as one of the simplest and most compelling ways to make money online. With a dropshipping business, you don't have to worry about things like finding a warehouse where you can store your products or purchasing more inventory than you can handle.
Dropshipping allows you to work hand-in-hand with a supplier to ensure that your customers always get the products that they need, with minimal fuss. There are even business owners that enjoy the benefits of dropshipping business strategies using well-known wholesale suppliers like Amazon. You can use a variety of online shopping sites to sell everything from chinese products and pet supplies, to a range of leading products to customers all over the world.
One of the leading wholesale solutions for dropshippers today is AliExpress. For years, AliExpress has stood out as an affordable platform, brimming with a wide variety of products to choose from (apps like Spocket and Oberlo make it easy to find the best products to sell online). Unfortunately, it isn't perfect for everyone. Some people simply can't find the products they need on AliExpress, or they worry about the credibility of the merchants.
If you think that AliExpress might not be the right dropshipping site for you, then you've come to the right place. After all, there are plenty of other online shopping sites and wholesale suppliers out there who can help you to make money on your Shopify or WordPress website using dropshipping services.
Here, we're going to list all the best AliExpress alternatives on the market today.
Finding Dropshipping Suppliers: An Introduction
It’s important to note that there’s a lot more to dropshipping as a business strategy than most people think. You can’t necessarily buy all of your products from Amazon and eBay, for instance. You’re going to need an environment that can sell you the products that you need in bulk. Amazon and eBay, as well as various other online marketplaces that most consumers are familiar with, aren’t actually wholesale suppliers.
There’s a big difference between the places that you visit to get cheap products as a customer, and the places that you’ll need to go to stock up your virtual warehouse as a business owner. Aliexpress and other dropshipping suppliers are specifically designed to give companies low prices on high quantities or volumes of products.
Dropshipping suppliers can offer a range of purchasing options, from American to chinese products, and offer at a lower price than you’ll find anywhere else. With a company like Aliexpress, or DealExtreme, for instance, you can get products shipped straight to your customers from Hong Kong and other locations around the world, without having to spend a fortune. There are even wholesale suppliers out there that ship from locations a lot closer to your intended audience.
If you want to launch a successful dropshipping store, then you’ll need to find a provider that can not only deliver the wide selection of products that you want to sell. You’ll also need to look for a dropshipping business that can integrate with your eCommerce store and make it easy to generate profits fast.
Benchmark: What is AliExpress?
Before we begin exploring the alternative options to AliExpress for modern dropshippers, it's worth examining the benchmark product. AliExpress is a subsidiary of the Alibaba Group that first appeared in 2010. Since then, the brand has become one of the fastest-growing eCommerce platforms in the world.
AliExpress is highly versatile, and appeals to the international market, with around 16 languages to choose from when you're shopping. Additionally, this platform also sells products in smaller quantities for companies that don't want to sell wholesale.
Most of the items that you’ll be able to find are chinese products available from lower prices from locations like Hong Kong and beyond. However, you will be able to place orders to the USA and other locations around the world.
One particular feature that really makes AliExpress stand out, is the fact that it comes with an existing integration for Shopify, using toosl like Oberlo or Spocket. With Oberlo, you can instantly add dropshipping solutions to the online shopping experience that you offer your customers. Few other dropshipping services provide the same easy access.
- Direct shipping: AliExpress items are often shipped directly from China, which means that there aren't a lot of middlemen in the mix, increasing your chances of errors with your order.
- Wide selection of products: AliExpress has a vast range of products to choose from, ranging all the way from children's toys to clothing and more.
- Easy to explore: Dropshippers can search through products by category and find the products that are ideal for their website.
- Global access: AliExpress supports dropshipping merchants from all over the world, with multiple languages available to choose from.
- Suppliers: While many of the suppliers on AliExpress are reliable, there are some that rock the boat by listing false advertisements. It's difficult to know whether anyone can be trusted.
- Long shipping times: Although products are often sent to customers directly from China, this can also mean that your customers have to wait a long time before they receive the items that they want.
- Difficult returns: because products are shipped from overseas, it's often very difficult to arrange a return or exchange if your customer isn't happy with whatever they receive.
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Our Pick – Alibaba
The good news for today's Dropshippers, is that selling through suppliers has become a very popular type of eCommerce. Anyone who wants to avoid the headache and hassles of storing their own products in a warehouse or managing shipping can choose dropshipping to simplify their sales. This means that there's a lot of excellent alternatives out there to AliExpress that you can explore.
One of the best solutions of all is actually the parent company of AliExpress, Alibaba. If you're looking for something a little different to AliExpress, you can get an incredible and professional experience with Alibaba.
Alibaba is essentially a global trading platform that offers products in bulk. You can usually find items in large quantities, which means that you'll need to buy large amounts at once to get a good deal. However, you could pay as little as pennies per product if you only want to sell through a small online store. You can even buy products through PayPal or credit card, depending on your needs.
- Easy to use search function to help you find the ideal items for sale
- Bulk suppliers available around the world, with cheap pricing to suit your budget
- Huge variety of products and categories to explore for any kind of business
- Much faster shipping process than AliExpress for most products
- Free to use when you're setting up your business – just pay for the products you buy
- Not for people who only want a few products at a time, thanks to high minimum orders
- Customer support isn’t as good as it could be. Can be challenging to get in touch with suppliers when you need them, and the customer support isn’t ideal.
- Doesn’t work directly with Orbelo. If you have a Shopify store and want to use Orbelo to manage dropshipping suppliers and other aspects of your dropshipping business, this could be a problem.
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Salehoo
If neither AliExpress nor Alibaba appeal to you as the perfect drop shipping solution, don't panic, we've got a lot of other alternatives to explore. For instance, Salehoo is one of the most appealing choices for people who are sick and tired of worrying about the trustworthiness of their suppliers. Although some suppliers on AliExpress are reliable, others can leave you pulling your hair out, with unhappy customers.
Fortunately, when you buy your dropshipping products through Salehoo, you get a much more dependable experience. Salehoo always vets its suppliers, so you know that it's 25 million-plus products all come from someone you can trust. That's probably why Salehoo has been featured on sites from HuffPost to Forbes.
Salehoo is one of the most reliable options online for fast shipping,excellent online shopping, and a wide variety of payment options whether you’re buying gadgets, pet supplies, or anything else for lower prices.
- Excellent support for dropshipping customer service
- Wide selection of more than 25 million products to sell. Makes online shopping for companies much easier.
- All suppliers come pre-vetted so you know that you can trust them
- Easy to use search function to help you get started in a hurry
- Lots of success stories from happy customers
- Paid directory can make it challenging to choose suppliers without bias
- Less of a global appeal (the USA only)
- Once again, doesn’t integrate naturally with Oberlo for Shopify sites.
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Doba
Widely regarded as one of the most comprehensive dropshipping stores on the market, Doba provides a highly detailed directory of wholesalers and manufacturers to choose from. With Doba, you don't necessarily need to partner with dozens of suppliers to start running your business. Instead, you find the product that you want to sell, list it on your website, and start selling.
Doba does most of the hard work for you by contacting the supplier and sending products to customers on your behalf. This means that you don't have to worry about managing the wholesalers that you work with.
If you’re looking for a way to start dropshipping products with your eCommerce store, but you’re concerned about missing out on customer support, this could be an option for you. Instead of having to search for answers to your questions on Google when you’re having an issue with an apple or paypal payment, you can connect more consistently with your wholesale suppliers. You’ll also get the benefits that come with setting your dropshipping store up with fast shipping and easy options like Fedex.
- You don't have to manage your own wholesalers, Doba does the work for you
- Huge product offering with countless suppliers
- Easy to organize lists for bulk export into your store
- Get email updates about supplier discounts and more
- Pay for what you need via PayPal, and other tools.
- Slightly fewer products than AliExpress
- Doesn’t naturally integrate with Oberlo for Shopify
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: DHGate
If you're looking for one of the best sites for dropshipping, that's very similar in style to AliExpress, then you'll probably appreciate the appeal of DHGate. The navigation and appearance of this website is very similar to what you would usually get from AliExpress, so there shouldn't be too much confusion to worry about.
The only downside with DHGate is that there are some of the same problems on this site as you would get on AliExpress. For instance, the shipping times are usually long, and you can't always trust every supplier that you turn to. On the other hand, if you're looking for a similar solution to AliExpress with more products to choose from, DHGate could be just the thing.
Still, if you’re looking for alternative dropshipping suppliers, DHGate is one of the best alternatives listed on Google, with much better prices than you’d expect. You will find it much easier to stock your eCommerce store using this site than you would using Amazon, eBay and other USA alternatives. Additionally, there’s a wide range of drop shipping products to choose from, with better prices than you’ll find elsewhere. Whether you’re selling gadgets or pet suppliers, this could be the perfect option for you.
- Huge variety of products, even more significant than AliExpress
- Simple navigation and easy to use interface like AliExpress
- Free to use for creating your dropshipping relationships
- DH Buyer protection included
- Issues with supplier trust
- Long shipping times for many products
- No obvious integration with Orbelo.
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Taobao
At first glance, Taobao might seem confusing, because it is a Chinese website, specifically designed to appeal to Chinese drop shippers. While this site is very similar to AliExpress on the surface, it also offers a lot more variety than the standard dropshipping option. Taobao is by far, one of the best AliExpress alternatives for companies with an interest in selling clothing.
With a massive selection of products to choose from, including clothing from leading brands, there's plenty of opportunities to make money with this site. However, you might have a hard time browsing the website, because it's easy to translate into English, particularly with a lot of content printed onto pictures.
Unfortunately, this isn’t one of the best sites for customer support, and you may find that it’s harder to track down what you need than it would be using other Dropshipping suppliers. Additionally, there may not be as many credit card payment options and alternatives available for your online shopping either.
- Massive selection of products to choose from included branded clothing
- High-quality products from most suppliers and good reliability
- Lots of categories to explore and plenty of credit card options
- Free to use for setting up dropshipping relations
- Pay for products via PayPal
- Complex order process for people outside of China
- Difficult to navigate the website
- No Oberlo plugin for Shopify.
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Worldwide Brands
Another incredibly popular tool for today's dropshippers is Worldwide Brands. As soon as you visit the website, you'll notice that this site takes a very different approach to dropshipping than competitors like Alibaba or AliExpress. The good news, however, is that this company has been around for years, and it can easily offer a wide variety of products to sell to your customers.
With direct access to all the wholesalers that you might want to work with and millions of products to choose from, Worldwide Brands is easy to use. However, unlike AliExpress, you do need to pay to use the directory.
This is one of the wholesale suppliers available today that feels very different to stocking your eCommerces store using a merchant like Ebay or Amazon. You can fortunately make orders using a number of payment types, like PayPal and credit card, however.
- Safe and secure, with highly-rated wholesalers that you can trust
- Direct access to all the wholesale providers that you want to work with
- Millions of certified products to choose from
- Highly reputable business with years of experience
- You will need to pay an annual fee to sign up
- Less straightforward than AliExpress
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Banggood
Banggood is very similar in style to AliExpress, offering low prices on a wide range of amazing products. If you're looking for a website that provides everything from smartphones to leading VR technology, then you're going to love Banggood. Additionally, it's worth noting that many people still don't know about this website, which means that it's an enticing place to find new products.
With options to buy items from across the United States, Hong Kong, China, and more, you're sure to find something that you want from Banggood. However, like AliExpress, it can take anywhere up to 30 days for the products that your customers to reach their location.
This is easily one of the best alternatives to AliExpress available, and one of the best sites for gaining a solid reputation around the world. However, you don’t get the best results when it comes to fast shipping, even if you can get Chinese products for lower prices. This dropshipping business is very similar to other alternatives for today’s eCommerce platforms, such as DealExtreme or AliExpress.
- Easy-to-use navigation to help you find the ideal products
- Wide range of products to choose from, including smartphones and drones
- Plenty of payment options accepted
- Dozens of languages to choose from
- Fewer products than Alibaba or AliExpress
- Long shipping times
The Top AliExpress Alternatives: Lightinthebox
Lightinthebox is a popular Chinese wholesale store that sells a wide variety of trending products to consumers all across the globe. This website is perfect for helping merchants to find and purchase state-of-the-art products to appeal to their customers. Many companies find that this website is particularly useful for buying clothing, electronics, and jewelry.
As with AliExpress, however, it's worth noting that the warehouses for Lightinthebox are located in China, which means that you're going to be waiting for anywhere up to a month for people to get the products that they buy. Additionally, there's not as much of a wide selection on this website as you'd get on AliExpress.
You do get lower prices from your wholesale suppliers on this website, although it’s still not one of the dropshipping business options that integrates naturally with eCommerce platforms like orbelo. You should have an easy time setting up your online store with this service if you choose it as one of the best alternatives to AliExpress however. There are plenty of products to choose from.
- Range of payment options to choose from when stocking up on products
- Great for fashion accessories and household products
- Low prices – sometimes lower than other companies in a similar niche
- Easy to use website and navigation
- Very long delivery times for most products
- Not always 100% reliable with suppliers
Tips for Choosing your AliExpress Alternative
Remember, there are a lot of AliExpress alternatives available to choose from today, but not all of them will be as reliable or trustworthy as they seem. As with any business decision, it's essential to do your research and learn as much as you can about the suppliers and companies; you're going to work with going forward. Check out the reviews from other websites and talk to representatives from the company that you're thinking of working with if you can.
One thing that you won’t find when you’re choosing dropshipping products, chiense products, or any items for your Shopify store online, is something that integrates easily with Oberlo. The Oberlo option for Shopify works best with AliExpress.
Before you commit to any specific company to source your dropshipping platforms, make sure that you consider a few crucial things:
- The kind of products that they sell: Your eCommerce store could sell anything from gadgets and pet supplies, to clothing and accessories. It’s important to ensure that the dropshipping suppliers you work with can offer the wide range of products that you want to sell to your target audience.
- Shipping solutions: If you want your eCommerce store to be successful, then you need to provide a lot more than just the right products and better prices than your competitors. You’ll also need to deliver fast shipping. Not all of the best alternatives to AliExpress will be able to give you the speedy shipping that you need. Make sure that you consider how quickly items can get from locations like Hong Kong, to the USA and beyond. Some dropshipping companies even have partnerships with brands like Fedex for fast shipping.
- Payment options: Just as different eCommerce platforms support different payment strategies, your dropshipping suppliers can deliver unique payment options too. Make sure that the supplier you choose is capable of taking everything from PayPal payments, to credit card and Apple pay, depending on your preferences.
- Integrations: Some dropshipping solutions will integrate naturally with the eCommerce tools that you’re already using. For instance, if you have a Shopify store, then you can use Oberlo – an integration for Shopify, to naturally add dropshipping products to your Shopify store in seconds. Find out how easy it is to use integrations to add dropshipping products to your eCommerce platforms.
- Simplicity: It’s not just integrations like Oberlo that make dropshipping sites more effective. You might also want to look into how easy it is to add dropshipping products to your online store from certain suppliers. Can you set up direct payments with PayPal to keep the products coming? How many different kinds of pet supplies, gadgets, and other products can you invest in at once? Additionally, are you going to get a high quality of customer support from the company you choose?
Finding the best solution for dropshipping isn’t easy. However, if you go into the decision knowing exactly what you need to look for from your supplier, you’re more likely to end up with the product sand services that you need.
- Dropshipping Definition: The Best Way to Setup a Drop shipping Business Quickly
- The Beginner’s Guide to ePacket Delivery: Everything Your Need to Know
- What are the Best Dropshipping Suppliers (Dropshipping Companies & Free Suppliers List) for Ecommerce
Picking the Best Alternatives to AliExpress
Clearly, there are a lot of different factors to think about when you’re choosing the best dropshipping supplier for your online store. For years, AliExpress has been the most obvious choice for Shopify customers. After all, the Oberlo app for Shopify means that companies can easily connect their online store to dropshipping suppliers around the globe.
However, if you’ve tried the Shopify, Oberlo, and AliExpress solution before, and you’re not thrilled with the results that you got, it might be time to consider something different. After all, there is more than one way to run an eCommerce store. Type “dropshipping company” into Google, and you’ll find plenty of amazing sites designed to support your new business plan.
Whether you’re buying Gadgets from DealExtreme, or shipping pet supplies with Fedex, it’s always worth doing your research. This way, you can get better prices, save money on your credit card or paypal payments, and more. You could even find that your choice of dropshipping solution ships faster to the USA, takes payments with PayPal, or gives you better customer service.
Dropshipping can be an excellent way to launch a business online, but it does come with its hurdles and challenges to consider too. Choosing the right dropshipping website is one of the toughest parts of getting started with your new company.
Just because AliExpress is one of the most popular dropshipping tools doesn’t mean that it’s going to be the best for everyone.
If you want a simple dropshipping solution that allows you to fill your website with excellent products, ranging all the way from gadgets to pet supplies, there are plenty of great alternatives to AliExpress out there. All you need to do is a little bit of research.
Our selection of excellent alternatives above is sure to get you started on the right track.
Good luck finding the best alternatives to AliExpress for your eCommerce store.