If you've had your e-commerce store up and running for a while, you might be searching for a way to synchronize your tasks, tools, and analytics. Can you relate? If so, Skubana might be the software for you.
Continue reading to find out more about this software.
Skubana: A Brief Overview
Skubana aims to provide consumer brands a solution for synchronizing the majority of their back end operations.
Their main selling points are as follows:
- Users can synchronize order, inventory, cost and profitability data with comprehensive analytics.
- Skubana empowers you to bring all your e-commerce tools together on one centralized cloud platform. So, everything you need to manage your business is conveniently under one roof.
- Native shipping integrations offer a fulfillment solution that integrates with inventory across several channels.
- Automation features based on order and sales data across multiple sales channels.
Let's take a look at Skubana's main features in greater detail…
Skubana's Main Features
Here are some of Skubana's most notable features…
Manage, Control, Track, and Optimize Inventory
The whole of your inventory. Yes, we do mean the WHOLE of your inventory. It doesn't matter whether you're using various:
- Sales channels
- 3PLs (third-party logistics). You can set run-times to export orders, import inventory, and handle shipments.
- FBA distribution centers (also known as Fulfilled by Amazon). You can automatically import all your FBA orders and inventory.
That's a lot of synchronization!
Using Skubana's inventory management tools, you can issue purchase orders to replenish your stock with just a few clicks. You can even automate this process by setting ‘inventory allocation rules.' This works wonders for stopping you from accidentally overselling, which, as we all know, leads to poor customer reviews.
Automate, Manage, and Process Purchase Orders
Just like your inventory, you can also integrate orders from all your sales channels. By ‘sales channels' we mean:
- Online shopping carts
- Online Marketplaces
- Point of sale systems
You name it, Skubana will sync to it, which makes handling cross-channel orders a breeze!
You'll be pleased to hear you can assign individual orders to be processed by specific warehouses, or route them based on stock availability. Use Skubana's pre-set filters to get this process up and running automatically.
You can also automatically set an order's weight and dimensions using your order filters, and just as easily adjust said weights and sizes.
In addition to all that you can pre-set all of the following:
- Your choice of shipping carrier and service
- Your preferred Amazon fulfillment method
- If you insure your packages, the value of the insurance
- Billing and customs settings
Just to name a few!
You can also add specific order details to your products, which will ensure any necessary tasks occur automatically. For instance, you can :
- Add FBA SKU information
- Assign a specific packing slip
- Attach a return label
- Mark whether and order is for Saturday and alcohol delivery
And, much, much, more.
You'll get access to Skubana's shipping rates calculator. You can calculate several shipping rates from a variety of couriers. Then compare them, and pick the most cost-effective shipping service. You can generate a shipping rate between two zip codes, in seconds.
Skubana’s automated order routing features also optimize rate shopping for you, allowing you to pick the cheapest shipping rate or the best rate based on distance, anticipated delivery date and price.
You can also purchase Amazon postage and print shipping labels from Amazon’s “Buy Shipping Services” directly through Skubana. So, you don't need a million tabs open as you work!
Not to mention, you can also print customized shipping labels from all significant couriers in larger batches or singularly (depending on your needs). Or, if you've outsourced shipping to a third-party fulfillment center, you can factor this in when setting up your automated system.
It's up to you how you ship your products; either way, you can handle it all from one centralized place.
Most impressively, Skubana also offers a feature called “order splitting.” Just like the name suggests, you can break down larger shipments and fulfill orders using several shipping services and warehouses.
Skubana offers users a ton of integrations, including:
- B2B Gateway
- Express 1
- Data Automation
- DHL eCommerce
- Shopify PLUS
- Shopify POS
- SPS Commerce
- UPS Mail Innovations
- VL OMNI
That's quite an impressive list!
Skubana has lots of tools to help manage returns. From handling return receipts to monitoring the status of the return and everything else in between, Skubana can help you out. With just a click of a button, you can mark returns as either received or void.
For example, you can create and automate shipment confirmation emails that walk customers through your returns procedure. These sometimes provide consumers with such a pleasant experience that you end up retaining the customer!
You can also print or e-mail return labels manually, or automatically include a return labels inside each of your shipments. Depending on your returns policy, you could even utilize Endicia’s pay-on-use return labels. These only deduct the cost of postage when the return label is scanned.
Like we've said time, and again in our previous articles, knowledge is power. So, business owners need to know their numbers. Period.
So, you'll be happy to hear that Skubanna provides tons of analytics for you to peruse through, including:
- FIFO values
- Trackable overhead expenses
- Predictive analytics:This report helps you forecast profits based on your product’s sales velocity. It takes the guesswork out of the task, so you can be confident the data you're working with is accurate. For example, ‘Fulfilled by Amazon forecasting' provides a full forecasting report for each of your FBA warehouses. If you're an FBA seller, you'll get access to your buy box price, units sold, sales rates, as well as other in-depth inventory details.
- Best and worst selling products:This does what it says on the tin. These metrics highlight your most successful and worst-selling SKUs. Either in terms of the number of units sold or by revenue generated. So, you can ditch products that aren't making money and focus on your winning merchandise.
- Y-O-Y Growth:You can populate a report to see year over year growth on a per SKU basis.
- Listing profitability: This report reveals your SKU’s performance in terms of unit margins on each individual sales channel it is sold on.
- Trending profitability:These analytics pinpoint profitability trends over a specific period. You can choose to analyze the patterns of your overall company. Or, you can focus on a particular sales channel, product, or listing. This report takes a line graph format, so you can see at a glance how well you're doing. Just hover the mouse over a specific data point to reveal your profitability on that exact date.
- Snapshot value:This reveals how much you have of each product in each warehouse. So, you can compare inventory volumes across different locations.
- Performance:This metric highlights the performance of your inventory, whether its by value, sitting age, and/or turnover. You can choose to analyze the performance of a select warehouse or your inventory as a whole.
- Critical levels:This data looks at your sales rates and estimates when you'll run out of stock for each product.
- Sales overview:This report reveals the exact revenue each sales channel earns you per day. It's presented as a graph, so you can see how each sales channel compares.
- Shipments:This metric focus on shipping trends and warehouse performance. Again, you can use filters to look at your company as a whole or at specific sales channels (over a range of dates that you've set).
- Lifetime value:This report reveals the profitability of your customers as well as how frequently they shop with you.
- Biggest spenders:This metric details the value of your highest order. You can also see how much your ‘highest value' customers are worth to you. Skubana looks at the total number of items sold to these customers as well as how much an average sale is worth.
- Most recent:This is the report you want to use to see your most recent customers. It details both the dates of the orders and the total cost of each purchase.
Skubana allows you to personalize your workflows through their fully-open API. So, if you have the coding know-how, you can modify this platform to suit the exact needs of your business.
Plus, as we've already alluded to, Skubana offers its users loads of integrations. Just head over to Skubana's app store, and download these ready-to-go extensions to extend the functionality of their platform.
👍 Skubana's Benefits
We love that Skubana's designed by the founder of a direct-to-consumer , who has experienced all the pitfalls of running an ecommerce store. As such, Skubana knows exactly what you need help with.
Not to mention, its dashboard's incredibly intuitive, so it shouldn't take too long to get to grips with.
We've also heard glowing reports about their customer service. If you have a question of concern just reach out to their customer care team and you're sure to get your issue resolved in no time! You're even assigned a dedicated account manager so you shouldn't have a problem finding the answers to all your burning questions.
In addition to all that, Skubana also offers its customers regular webinars, a self-help center, and a blog. All of which are jam-packed full of useful info.
👎 Skubana's Drawbacks
The main issue with Skubana is its price. In comparison to its competitors, it's not cheap. So, this solution's better for more established businesses, not startups with limited funds.
Users also say they'd like to see a content management feature added to Skubana's suite of tools. Some consumers also complain that manual orders take a bit of time to process. However, we hear Skubana's working to fix this issue…so watch this space.
Skubana doesn't make that overly clear on their website. They just have a form for you to fill in. They'll then email you a personalized quote. They ask for some basic personal info as well as a few details about your business. It's a short form; you should be able to fill it out within minutes. But, from what we can glean from other review sites, we've seen reports of starting prices as high as $1,950 per month! This will entitle you to an unlimited number of users and sales channels, access to ALL of Skubana's features, and a dedicated ‘Implementation Specialist' and ‘Accounts Manager.'
Ready to Start Using Skubana?
We hope that by reading this review, you now have a better idea of what Skubana has to offer. Have you ever used this solution? If so we'd love to hear whether you think it's worth your money! Leave a comment in the box below with your thoughts, experiences, and advice. Let's kick off this conversation!