Making the choice between DSers vs Spocket isn’t simple. Both of these tools have gained a massive following in recent years, thanks to their exceptional ease of use, and convenient dropshipping features. With both Spocket and DSers, you can run a successful dropshipping company.
DSers and Spocket are both tools designed to make dropshipping a little easier, by embedding apps into your existing ecommerce solution. With these apps, you can leverage links to various suppliers, and add products to your store rapidly.
The question is, which one is best?
DSers vs Spocket: An Introduction
DSers promises one of the best AliExpress dropshipping experiences around. As the “official” AliExpress ecommerce solution, it allows you to track down a host of AliExpress supplier options in a single click. You can also process orders to AliExpress instantly and make payment in bulk.
Over 150k dropshipping users have started to scale their stores with DSers, and the solution has grown particularly popular recently, as Oberlo, another well-known tool for AliExpress dropshipping via Shopify, was officially dropped from the app market.
Spocket is a Shopify dropshipping app with further integrations for WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Wix. Where DSers focuses on AliExpress, Spocket give you access to a more varied list of marketplace suppliers. You can search through products and add them to your store with one click.
Many dropshipping products are available with rapid order fulfilment, and you can get great discounts on bulk orders with your chosen supplier. Everything from price markup to order management is also fully automated with Spocket.
Spocket vs. DSers: Features Comparison
Because Spocket and DSers are both designed for dropshipping, they have a lot of overlap in their feature sets. Both of these tools will allow you to add products rapidly to your ecommerce store, and leverage automation for order fulfillment.
If you start a dropshipping business with Spocket, you’ll have access to key features like:
- Quick shipping times: Spocket is one of the few dropshipping suppliers to offer truly rapid shipping times. You can send dropshipping products to customers within 2-5 days or less. There’s order tracking to help you keep track of the items coming from your dropshipping suppliers too. This is a great way to boost customer loyalty.
- Instant import: Adding new products to your website is simple with the one-click product importer. It only takes one click to add any item you like to your online store using the Spocket app, and you can even set up automatic changes for any price markups too.
- Automation: You’ll be able to automat a significant pat of your business with Spocket. Whenever a customer purchases something from your Shopify or WordPress WooCommerce store, their details are automatically sent to the suppliers. Once your orders are sent, you’ll also have a notification to let you know the supplier has received the order.
- Price markup: As mentioned above, order management is easy when the pricing on your products can automatically update whenever your supplier makes a change. You can also choose from price multipliers, percentages, and fixed prices for your store.
- Customization: You’ll be able to edit various parts of the product description and other components to make it more appealing, and more effective for SEO. You’ll also be able to edit the product image.
With DSers you’ll have:
- Fast order placement: Thanks to an official API authorization with AliExpress, ordering times are reduced by around 97%. You can place orders in bulk too, which saves a lot of the time and effort associated with manging your store.
- Supplier optimization: Searching for suppliers is easy with an “optimization” feature which allows you to sort through potential companies based on certain categories, or the ability to ship products to customers in certain regions.
- Ecommerce integration: You can easily integrate with everything from Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix. There’s also convenient CSV support to help you manage your orders from various sales channels in one place.
- Product mapping: The product mapping facility allows you to map your products accurately according to product stock, shipping and more. There’s also the option to create bundles, or buy-one-get-one-free options for your customers.
- Automation: you can automatically sync tracking numbers with DSers, update order status for your customers, and even track stock management with virtually no unnecessary hassle. Plus, order fulfillment and pricing can be automated too.
Spocket vs. DSers: Product Sourcing
One point to keep in mind when you’re comparing DSers vs Spocket, is the difference in their product sourcing strategies. Spocket focuses primarily on collecting products from distributors, manufacturers, Etsy specialists and more.
There are a network of providers located throughout North America and Europe offering products to dropshippers on Spocket, so you’re not limited specifically to AliExpress. This is both a positive and a negative for the solution.
On the one hand, Spocket uses a thorough vetting process before allowing suppliers to join the marketplace, which means you’re more likely to end up with high-quality products. Alibaba and AliExpress can be a little more unpredictable when it comes to product quality. However, you may have fewer items to choose from than you would with other suppliers.
DSers is the official dropshipping integration for AliExpress. Which means it focuses directly on sourcing products from AliExpress, and nowhere else. As the official app, searching through products and ordering in bulk is extremely easy. You’ll also have a huge range of products to add to your store, so you can scale as much as you like.
However, you may find the shipping times are a little longer with DSers, and there’s a risk not every product will reach your quality standards. DSers does help you to optimize your choice of supplier by allowing you to sort through manufacturers based on a range of filters, however.
On average, Spocket has a faster delivery time, because suppliers are based in the US and Europe, so you can expect items to reach the customer within about 2-7 days. Altenratively, DSers mostly works with companies who have warehouses in Asia and China, so you can sometimes end up waiting 20 days or more for a product to be delivered.
Spocket vs. DSers: Support
Both DSers and Spocket are designed to make your transition into the world of dropshipping as simple as possible. This means you shouldn’t need too much extra support to get everything up and running. However, there’s always a chance you might find yourself dealing with an issue.
On the plus side, there are various customer support options available for both of these apps. Spocket has a fantastic help center packed full of case studies, blogs, tricks, tips, and guidance in the form of articles. There’s also plenty of FAQ guidance if you need it, and a chat system if you need help from an expert. Chat support is 24/7, while phone support is reserved for higher pricing plans.
DSers is dedicated to exceptional customer service. There’s a comprehensive resource center where you can find countless videos, articles, and other forms of information to help you make the most of your new service. The blog is updated regularly, and there’s also a 24/7 online chat feature if you need to reach out to the service team.
Like Spocket, DSers customer service does improve depending on how much you’re willing to pay, with live chat and email available at a “priority” level. However, there is no phone support.
Spocket vs. DSers: Pricing Plans
Both Spocket and DSers have various options to choose from when it comes to pricing plans. Let’s take a deep dive into each option.
Spocket has a 14-day free trial available where you can test the premium functionality of the app, and there’s a fantastic free package too. The free service allows you to browse through Spocket’s product catalogue, access AliExpress dropshipping, and unlock 24/7 chat support. Premium pricing plans include:
- Starter: $24.99 per month with all the features of free, plus 25 unique products, email support, and priority 24/7 chat support.
- Pro: $49.99 per month for all the features of Starter, plus 250 unique products, 25 premium products, and branded invoicing.
- Empire: $99.99 per month for all of the features of Pro, plus 10,000 unique products, 10,000 premium products, and specialist support.
Spocket provides access to a range of products and services on every plan, and allows you to test out some more advanced features with a demo before you hand over too much cash.
DSers also has it’s own forever free plan, with the option to create up to 3 stores, and access 3000 products per account. You’ll also have basic notification-only inventory management, cost change management, and more. There are some basic variant mapping tools and automated pricing rules, but the majority of your features will be limited. Paid pricing plans include:
- Advanced: $19.99 per month for a 10 store limit, and 20,000 product limit per account. You can access AliExpress Saver Shipping for up to 10 products, automatic updates for inventory and cost change management, automated pricing rules, variant mapping, BOGO and bundle mapping, and affiliate marketing.
- Pro: $49.99 per month for all the features of Advanced, plus 75,000 products per account, and a 25 store limit, as well as Save Shipping for up to 20 products.
- Enterprise: $499 per month for all the features of Pro, plus a 50 store limit, first priority customer support, 100,000 products per account, and Save Shipping for unlimited products. You’ll also have full access to customization features.
All packages from DSers come with a range of features like shipping method pre-selection, syncing for your tracking numbers, and automated address filling. There are even customized automated messages you can send to suppliers too.
DSers vs Spocket: Pros and Cons
Both DSers and Spocket have a lot of features in common, from the ability to automate price changes in real-time, to connect to simple checkout functionality.
Whether you choose the basic plan or a pro plan with each of these vendors, you’ll be able to link to your app through the Shopify app store and similar tools. Entrepreneurs can also make the most of an intuitive interface designed for beginners on each plugin.
Spocket Pros and Cons
With Spocket, the pros and cons include:
- Plugin for multiple ecommerce platforms
- Excellent for editing product descriptions and images
- Pricing tool included for your dropshipping store
- Faster shipping
- Lots of convenient dropshipping tools
- High quality products
- Not as much choice for products
- Some products are locked behind a premium pricing plan
DSers Pros and Cons
With DSers, the pros and cons include:
- The official app for AliExpress
- Excellent range of product options to choose from
- Bulk purchasing with an easy interface
- Easy to sort through suppliers
- Integrations with multiple tools
- Editing for your product descriptions
- Product quality might vary
- Shipping can take a while
DSers vs Spocket: Finishing Thoughts
As you can see from our comparisons above, there’s quite a bit of overlap between both Spocket and DSers. Both of these tools have distinct strengths and weaknesses to consider. It all depends on what kind of dropshipping store you’re going to run.
DSers is excellent if you’re looking for a wide range of products to choose from. It’s quickly taking over from Oberlo as the top dropshipping app for Shopify, and it’s very easy to use. However, it can take a while to get your products to customers, and there’s no guarantee they’re going to be perfect.
On the other hand, Spocket is a little more expensive, and doesn’t have as many products to choose from. However, the shorter delivery time and the vendor verification process makes the environment feel a lot more trustworthy.