We're going to compare these two solutions here in this article thoroughly. But why's choosing the right dropshipping plugin for your store so important?
Well, almost 80% of US adults shop online. That’s quite a statistic, and a quarter of those, shop online at least monthly, and 16% at least weekly!
Looking at these figures, it’s clear that for ecommerce store owners, choosing their shipping provider wisely and carefully is near-on essential. But which one to choose?
There are plenty of providers out there making all sorts of promises, and it can seem overwhelming just looking at them all. Any would-be ecommerce store owner needs to understand that we live in an internet-savvy world where consumers take their time researching products, comparing prices, and reading reviews.
And what do customers usually talk about most in reviews?
💡 Hint: It's the quality of your products and the reliability and speed of your delivery. Needless to say, using the right provider plays a massive role in establishing a business’s success and allows you to focus on growing other areas of your brand.
So, let's take a look at how Oberlo and Dropified rise up to the task…
Helpfully, Dropfied offers a simple explanation on its website, highlighting precisely what it does:
“Dropified is a software application, which allows you to easily import and manage dropshipped products into your favorite ecommerce platform (like WooCommerce, Shopify and others) and then ship those products you’ve sold directly to your customers, wherever they may live on this planet – in only a few clicks… without EVER physically touching the product.”
That’s it in a nutshell.
Its homepage brims with satisfied customer testimonials and tells potential customers that if they choose to sign up, they're joining a club of more than 44,714 members! 44,714+ people can't be wrong, right?
👉 Read our Dropified review.
Founded back in 2015, it was one of the first dropshipping apps to hit the market. Based in Lithuania, their homepage says they help entrepreneurs to “Find products to sell, add them to your Shopify store and start selling.”
To date, Oberlo boasts an impressive 4.7 stars from the Shopify app store, and Trustpilot gives them an 8.7 TrustScore. Not bad, huh?
Since its founding, its merchants have sold more than 85 million products online around the world. It has a very similar USP to Dropified, stating: “Oberlo is the leading marketplace for entrepreneurs to search and find products to sell online. The platform connects merchants with suppliers who ship products directly to consumers. This method, known as dropshipping, significantly lowers the barrier to entry for entrepreneurs.”
👉 Read our Oberlo review.
But How do They Both Work?
Before you can use either Dropified or Oberlo, you have to create an ecommerce store on Shopify.
Interestingly, if you're using Dropified, in addition to Shopify, you can also integrate with other ecommerce platforms, but more about that later.
Once you’ve created your online shop, head to the Google Chrome Extension store, and search for either Dropified or Oberlo.
Once you've found your desired plugin, install it. Then when it's finished installing, start doing some product research. You should see their logo in front of the products. This then begs the question, which dropshippers do Dropified and Oberlo partner with?
In short, Dropified works alongside giants like Amazon, AliExpress, and around 50 other providers, whereas Oberlo offers a much more limited choice.
Dropified vs Oberlo: A Quick Fire Comparison
- Dropified's cheapest plan, ‘Builder' costs $47 a month, and their most expensive package, ‘Dropified Premium,' is $127 a month.
- Oberlo's pricing plans start with their ‘Basic' package, $29.90 a month, and go all the way up to ‘Oberlo Pro' priced at $79.90 a month.
- Dropified Builder costs $468 a month, Dropified Premium is $1164
Interestingly, Oberlo doesn't offer customers the option of paying for a whole year upfront, so, unfortunately, you can't enjoy the same yearly discounts Dropified offers.
The Number of Products You Can List Per Month
- Dropified Builder allows you to list 15,000 a month, and Dropified Premium permits 50,000.
- Oberlo Basic offers a maximum of 10,000 products, and Oberlo Pro, 30,000.
Which eCommerce Platforms Do They Support?
- Oberlo Basic and Oberlo Pro both support Shopify
- Dropified Builder and Premium support Shopify, GrooveKart, Woocommerce, and CommerceHQ
Each Dropified pricing plan offers a 14-day free trial. Whereas, Oberlo offers a free ‘Starter' plan where users can upload and sell a maximum of 500 products
Dropified vs Oberlo: What Do They Have in Common?
- You can place an unlimited number of orders
- You'll receive product inventory and pricing alerts from your suppliers
- Product boards
- The option of manually processing orders
- A step-by-step ‘place order' button
- You can edit products in bulk
- You can import product variants to your product pages
- You can change the product supplier for placing orders
- Create product bundles
- Manage orders in-app
- Automatically mark orders as fulfilled on your chosen ecommerce platform
- Trigger shipping confirmation emails via your chosen ecommerce platform
- A simple image editor
- You can upload custom product images
- Access to US-based products
- A pricing markup tool on import (including advanced pricing markup rules)
- Product description templates
- You can save AliExpress order ID as an ‘Order Tag.'
- Filter products by ePacket
- Export orders placed on a supplier platform (i.e., AliExpress).
Dropified vs Oberlo: What Differentiates the Two Tools?
Before plowing through this long list, it's worth noting, Dropified offers way more automations and features than Oberlo.
Does that really matter? Well, yes, it does because you may incur higher costs later down the line (installing other plugins) just so your ecommerce store has all the features you need, not only now, but as your business grows.
So let’s take a look at their differences before commenting further.
👉 Only Dropified Premier offers:
- Google product feeds
- Multiple stores
- CallFlex: This provides you with either a local or toll-free phone number for your customers to call
- TubeHunt: A built-in tool that allows you to search for videos based on any YouTube category.
👉 Only Dropified Basic (and Dropfied's higher plans) offer:
- AliExtractor – An AliExpress product research tool
- An auto place order button
- An auto choose shipping order button
- Save products to the app and/ or your chosen ecommerce platform with just a click.
- You can send information and orders in bulk directly from your ecommerce platform to Dropified
- You can import product reviews from suppliers directly onto your product pages
- Auto place orders for bundled products
- You can save order info inside of your ecommerce platform inside of the notes field
- You can edit the order notes field for your chosen ecommerce platform
- You can search and filter orders inside of the app
- Autosave AliExpress order ID
- The Chrome extension adds the order tracking number to the app
- Download product images
- Access to an advanced image editor
- Access to a ‘Clipping Magic' editor ( a tool for removing image backgrounds)
- YouZign API
- Add custom notes to supplier
- Add order tags on your ecommerce platform when an order's placed, and tracking number added.
- You can send custom line attributes and notes to the seller
- Enable order risk levels
- You can send notifications for delayed tracking number syncing
- ePacket ID for multiple countries
- Access to an unlimited high-speed Captcha solver
- Orders audit (This tool compares orders placed on your store the orders placed with the dropshipping supplier)
Only that Dropified's ‘Builder' plan doesn’t offer a profit dashboard, whereas Oberlo does. Conversely, Oberlo Basic doesn’t provide a Decaptcha Captcha solver and sub-users, whereas Dropified does.
Are the Differences Between the Two Important?
In short, yes.
Let's take their prices, for example, for entrepreneurs or smaller outfits, Dropified doesn’t offer anything free after two weeks. In contrast, Oberlo provides lots for its free users. You don't have to pay a penny to list up to 500 products, and you'll get access to:
- Daily product synchronization
- Pricing automation tools
- Automatic order fulfillment
- Sales reports
Not bad for a free plan, right?
But, if we focus on the value for money, Dropified offers, for instance, their Captcha feature in their ‘Builder' plan. This is vital because this capability saves you time, so you don’t have to solve hundreds of Captchas each day manually. Oberlo offers a similar function but only on its Pro plan,
And, talking of time-saving features, it’s worth noting, only Dropified offers an auto place order button. By this, we mean, you can select several orders to be processed at the same time. Dropified says it developed this “to reduce the number of order windows open in AliExpress, and prevent anti-fraud software from flagging the user, inundating the business owner with Captcha, and potentially blocking the IP address of our members.” Handy, right?
Dropified vs Oberlo: What About Their Websites?
We have to say, both websites are really user-friendly and written in a language that's aimed at the ordinary eCommerce owner. So, if you're not conversant with technical jargon and acronyms, then never fear! Each site is easy to navigate. Rest assured, within seconds; you'll find the answers to your questions.
Both sites point to the benefits of using their product (naturally!) but do so in a way that’s easy to see at a glance. As such, you'll quickly get a feel for whether what they’re offering suits your present and future business model. We like that both sites are open about their reviews and keen to showcase their happy customers, giving faces to names and direct quotes and testimonials.
Dropified vs Oberlo: Customer Support
Oberlo offers a lot in the way of customer support. For instance, their ‘Oberlo 101 Course', a dropshipping hub, free ebooks, a marketing hub, video tutorials, podcasts and, a statistics hub.
There’s also the Oberlo YouTube Channel for business owners wanting to learn more about growing their brand, marketing their business, and using Oberlo to the fullest. That's in addition to a Help Center, which is open 24/7. Customers can email and contact support agents via live webchat. You just type in a message, and someone will respond within a given timeframe.
Dropified offers a variety of training videos on subjects such as the ‘Dropified Order Fulfilment Process,' ‘Bulk Editing Products,' and ‘Add the Dropfied Extension to Google Chrome.' As for help, there’s a series of articles addressing common topics, an FAQ's sections, and a chatbox where you can ping over your questions.
Dropified vs Oberlo: Which Should You Choose?
We can’t choose for you, but what we can say is that if you’re a small business or running an ecommerce business as a sidearm to your day job, then Oberlo seems like a great choice. If you opt for their free tier, it doesn't cost you anything, and you won’t have to shell out for other overheads. On the whole, Oberlo seems like a good choice for beginners who are just dipping their toes into the realm of ecommerce, or if you’re a small company and plan on staying that way.
Just remember Oberlo limits the number of monthly orders you can place, but if that isn't a problem for you, then using Oberlo is a no brainer.
But, if you want to grow your business, you're probably better off with Dropified. This option offers so many more integrated features. So, starting off on the Dropified ‘Builder' rate seems like a good option. After all, you can always upgrade later as your business grows. This provides you with the flexibility to scale your business in the future, should you need to.
Have you ever used Dropfied or Oberlo before? Are you thinking of switching things up? Or, are you considering using either of these tools for the first time? Either way, let us know your thoughts about these two solutions in the comments box below. We can't wait to hear from you soon!
Featured image credits: Shutterstock
Comments 0 Responses