Today, website builder Squarespace announced the highly anticipated Squarespace Commerce. We have heard rumours about Squarespace Commerce for some time now.
In their blog announcement Founder and CEO Anthony Casalena said “[ecommerce has been] the number one most requested feature across the platform for half a decade.”
About Squarespace Commerce
- Squarespace Commerce will work with every Squarespace template.
- You can sell digital and physical goods.
- Their only payment gateway right now is Stripe.
- Their variant settings make it clear it will be best for smaller stores with less inventory (<200 SKUs).
- Squarespace Commerce is included in the normal Squarespace ‘Business Plan’ which costs $30/month.
- There will be no transaction fees.
- Coupons, taxes and shipping will likely be fairly lightweight, at least for now.
We’re excited to get our hands dirty with this new ecommerce platform.
What do you think about Squarespace entering the world of ecommerce? Let us know in the comments!