When it comes to selling online, automation is key. Rapidly scaling businesses often seek out all-in-one platforms to run and automate everything from email marketing to website building, membership site sales and landing pages. Systeme.io seems to have all of that covered, so we want to complete an in-depth Systeme.io Review to explore its features, pricing, customer service, and user experience.
After that, we'll outline the instances in which Systeme.io makes the most sense to use, and we'll explain which types of businesses might find it helpful for ecommerce growth.
What is Systeme.io?
We'd consider Systeme.io a mix between an ecommerce platform and a fully fledged online marketing suite – focusing strongly on selling online courses and webinars. It allows you to create elements you would expect from an ecommerce platform, like:
- A website
- Online store
Systeme.io adds onto the usual ecommerce platform features by incorporating a large collection of marketing tools, including:
- Affiliate program management
- Email marketing
- Sales funnels
- Business automation
And, to top it all off, Systeme.io even provides several unique online store systems for running evergreen webinars and online courses, both of which are integrated with the product selling feature.
Systeme.io seems to try to bring together the most essential ecommerce selling and marketing elements, so that merchants no longer have to keep installing apps, plugins, or extensions to expand their ecommerce businesses.
Theoretically, this saves online businesses a significant amount of money, and you can replace multiple tools and shift most of your work to one dashboard:
- The website builder could save you around $30 per month and replace the likes of WordPress, Shopify, and Kajabi.
- The funnel builder would save you up to $100 per month and eliminate the need for tools like Leadpages, Kartra, and Kajabi.
- The email marketing feature could save you anywhere from $15-$50 per month and replace third-party tools like ConvertKit, Active Campaign, and Mailchimp.
- The membership hosting offerings save you up to $100 per month and remove the need for online course apps like Teachable and Thinkific.
- The affiliate program cuts out the need to pay for a $100 per month for software like ClickFunnels.
- The video hosting eliminates a third-party provider, saving you up to $10 per month and getting rid of third-party hosting providers.
That's roughly $390 per month in savings to put back into your business. And it brings more focus to your workflows, with one consolidated dashboard to complete most of your tasks. That all sounds wonderful, but we want to put it to the test. Keep reading to learn all about the best Systeme.io features, how it stands on pricing, and what you can expect from the user experience, customer support, and more.
Sales pages, autoresponders, email marketing tools, and more. Our Systeme.io review uncovered plenty of highlights to get excited about.
You can begin by going to the Systeme.io dashboard, where you'll find quick stats about your small business and some links to marketing automation, your own affiliate program, and plenty of other digital marketing tools.
The main menu features tabs for contacts, funnels, emails, blogs, automation, and products/sales. It's a one-one-stop shop, selling online and a complete marketing platform to grow your online store in the future.
Keep reading to learn about our favorite features from our Systeme.io review.
A Simple, Intuitive Website Builder
An example website template from Systeme.io
All entrepreneurs need ways to build their websites fast, while also making them functional and appealing.
Luckily, Systeme.io includes an intuitive page builder where you grab a template and then use a drag-and-drop editor to construct a store based on your needs. For instance, you may need to present a gallery of online courses, or maybe feature a list of webinars that then push customers through a sales funnel, eventually leading to an online store.
The platform has dozens of templates to choose from, which you can link to the sales funnel software to sell everything from online courses to physical products. Those templates get placed into a visual drag-and-drop builderand you can adjust everything from the logo to the buttons on the page. Some templates are clearly for landing pages, but some of them offer more of a regular website feel with a navigational menu and multiple pages. We also noticed that you can test out the templates before using them. This happens with a quick swap out feature, so that you don't get stuck with a template and have to redesign your entire website later.
Regardless of the situation, we found the website builder powerful enough for advanced users and simple enough for those with no coding or development experience. As you can see in the screenshot (as we edit the login page for our test website) you have access to a wide range of content elements for adding paragraph text, headline text, bulleted lists, and much more. There are even some custom layouts and media blocks rounding out the entire design.
Online Selling with Support for Online Courses and Webinars
Although Systeme.io doesn't explicitly say it's an ecommerce platform, it provides several options for adding products, dropshipping, and selling digital products like online courses and webinars. You can essentially add any type of product to your online store and immediately put it into a sales funnel, leading customers from a landing page to the checkout module.
We especially like the online course builder, since it has a quick guide to configure the product pages. You can add a name, description, URL path, and course domain with only a few clicks. They also let you add photos and content throughout the process.
You can integrate with the Stripe payment gateway and even provide a customer profile section for customers to manage their payment information. The shopping cart runs smoothly, and you can showcase products anywhere on your website.
The only downside is that Stripe and PayPal are currently the only payment options supported. We'd like to see more in the future.
Automated Marketing through Emails and Funnels
Automation within Systeme.io works from the moment a customer lands on your page to the part where you must deliver a product.
For example, we found in our Systeme.io review that the tool provides a way to build an online sales funnel with forms and a series of emails. You can then place these through your website and set rules and webhooks throughout the entire process. Capture customer information with the Systeme.io database and log all of that with special tags.
After a purchase, Systeme.io allows you to send out an automated email that contains the file they purchased. As an alternative, you could send out links to an upcoming webinar or online course.
It's all handled in the Funnels module where you can create a squeeze page from templates, set up automation rules, run A/B tests, and configure things like “thank you” pages.
Affiliate Program Management
The affiliate program management instantly provides a unique link for you to share with publications and brand ambassadors who want to make a little money by promoting your business.
The Systeme.io dashboard shows stats for the number of leads that come in through your affiliate program, and you can also filter it by affiliate,to understand which of your affiliates are actually making the most money for you. It's also possible to become an affiliate yourself by searching through the marketplace of vendors who use Systeme.io. This way, you can monetize your own content.
A High-converting Blogging Platform
Systeme.io offers one of the simplest ways to create a high-earning blog that we've seen throughout our years of testing. It's always nice to have a WordPress blog, but that usually doesn't integrate well with platforms like Shopify and Bigcommerce. Not to mention, the blogging interfaces on those platforms are far from ideal.
Systeme.io, on the other hand, gives brands a simple blogging module to generate posts, change the URL, upload images, and assign categories.
It also has several templates for the actual blog showcase page, meaning you'll never have to worry about designing this section yourself; your blog posts will look professional and ready to go right from the start.
Systeme.io Review: The Pricing
Systeme.io has four pricing plans, one of which is a free account for up to 2,000 contacts. You can sign up for a monthly or yearly plan, of which the annual options save you about 30% on the total price.
Here's a look at the specifics of each pricing plan (prices listed include monthly billing rates, so you could still make the plans even cheaper than this with a yearly option):
- Free: $0 per month for 2,000 contacts, unlimited emails, 3 sales funnels, 10 funnels steps, 1 blog, unlimited blog posts, 1 membership site, unlimited storage space, unlimited membership site members, 1 automation rule, 1 workflow, 1 tag, 1 email campaign, 1 one-click upsell, 1 order bump, 1 A/B test, 1 coupon code, and things like deadline funnels, PayPal and Stripe integrations, affiliate programs, and custom domains.
- Startup: $27 per month for everything in the previous plan, plus a total of 5,000 contacts, 10 sales funnels, 50 funnel steps, 5 blogs, 5 membership sites, 10 automation rules, 5 workflows, 10 tags, 10 email campaigns, 10 one-click upsells, 10 order bumps, 10 A/B tests, 10 coupon codes, and 3 custom domains.
- Webinar: $47 per month for everything in the previous plans, plus a total of 10,000 contacts, 50 sales funnels, 300 funnel steps, 20 blogs, 20 membership sites, 100 automation rules, 20 workflows, 100 tags, 100 email campaigns, 100 one-click upsells, 100 order bumps, 50 A/B tests, 50 coupon codes, and 10 custom domains. This plan also provides support for running 10 evergreen webinars.
- Enterprise: $97 per month for everything in the previous plan but for up to 15,000 contacts. In addition, everything from emails sent to automation rules and order bumps to A/B tests is unlimited. You also gain access to unlimited custom domain support, unlimited evergreen webinars, along with a free migration from another platform and a 1-on-1 kickstarting coaching session.
Systeme.io has custom pricing packages for over 15,000 contacts as well, which start at $147 per month and go all the way up to $547 per month for up to 100k contacts.
Overall, our Systeme.io review revealed it to be an incredible deal considering how many features you get packed into one ecommerce platform. You're bound to discover significant savings and eliminate the need to sign up for third-party software, apps, and other extensions as your business grows. They also have the Free plan, which supports smaller organizations until you reach the 2,000 contact mark or need more than three sales funnels, and one workflow, or A/B test. Even the premium pricing stands out, considering it remains cheaper than competitors’, and definitely keeps costs low when compared to a full-fledged app stack some companies use.
Systeme.io Review: Customer Support
In terms of the customer support offered in each pricing plan, all free and paying customers gain access to 24/7 email support. Free migration is available on all annual plans,. It’s also accessible alongside 1-on-1 coaching sessions when you upgrade to the Enterprise plan.
So, we know email support is available, but what about any other direct customer support options? Can you live chat with the Systeme.io customer support team or give them a call? No, Systeme.io doesn't offer either of those communication methods. Although we understand that very few competitors provide phone support, we'd like to see a customer support chat module in the future. And, if we're comparing Systeme.io to traditional ecommerce platforms/website builders like Shopify, Bigcommerce, and Squarespace, some of them provide a phone line for you to call.
Having said that, the primary direct contact option (where you get in contact with a real person) is through email — either where you use the Systeme.io online contact form or simply send a regular email. That's usually sufficient for most situations (especially considering they provide 24/7 email support with a response time under 2 hours) but sometimes you have pressing issues where a quick phone call or live chat comes in handy.
As for online resources, Systeme.io makes finding solutions to your problems simple. The Help page serves as your hub for tutorials, articles, and in-depth guides that not only have step-by-step information about certain situations, but they also have plentiful imagery within the guides for those visual learners out there.
The Help page gives you a search bar for seeking out specific topics, along with links to the most popular articles and a list of categorized links based on topics like affiliation, contacts management, and emails.
Article titles range from “How to modify the teacher's photo on an online course site” to “How to send customers to a link to update credit card information.” We're impressed with the cleanliness of this knowledge base and believe it's filled with enough articles to make newcomers feel comfortable.
Systeme.io also provides a blog with articles that are a little less technical/platform-specific than what you'd find on the Help page. Categories and topics range from personal finances to marketing tutorials, and click-through rate tips to email automation guides.
Finally, Systeme.io runs social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram for those who like to follow along with updates or even reach out to companies by commenting or messaging on social sites. They also have a podcast, called From Zero to Launch, where they interview other online business owners and digital marketers about their strategies and tips. You can find it on YouTube, alongside several tutorial videos for navigating their platform.
Our Conclusion: Who Should Use Systeme.io?
In this Systeme.io review, we learned:
- Systeme.io is a not-so-traditional ecommerce platform for selling products, courses, and memberships online. Instead of just providing selling tools, it incorporates a wide range of marketing, sales, and user management features.
- You can make a website with templates, add ecommerce functionality, incorporate marketing functionality with a blog, funnels, and affiliate marketing, while also running webinars and online courses.
- The user experience rivals that of top platforms like Shopify and Bigcommerce. We like its simplicity, even though they pack so many tools into the dashboard.
- Systeme.io offers a free plan for users with up to 2,000 contacts. Premium pricing begins at $27 per month for 5,000 contacts.
- Customer support options include direct email support, a blog, knowledgebase, and social media pages. Enterprise subscribers receive training and free migrations from other platforms.
With that said, who should use Systeme.io? We recommend it for:
- Online businesses with an interest in growing their brands with sales funnels, email marketing, and affiliate programs all merged on one dashboard.
- Online store owners who are tired of multiple paid integrations and apps to run their businesses efficiently. You can use Systeme.io as your ecommerce platform and cut out other apps for business automations, email marketing, funnels, and website building.
- Those who want to build an online store in a few minutes, using templates and a visual designer.
- Online course creators who crave an easy-to-use all-in-one solution.
- Bloggers and content creators who want marketing tools built-in.
- Brands that create evergreen webinars that eventually lead to sales funnels and online stores.
Overall, Systeme.io is an affordable, consolidated ecommerce solution with many elements built in, including SEO, email lists, and automation tools. You can even create sales funnels and optimize them to improve your overall conversions. From its ease of use to its sleek email marketing software, we enjoy Systeme.io quite a bit. Let us know in the comments if you have any questions about this Systeme.io review.