This started as a smaller round-up, but there were so many insightful and talented people to feature that it ended up this way. From ecommerce to digital marketing, from conversion to the latest SEO hacks, these people know their stuff. Bookmark their blogs and some of their most popular articles listed, follow them on Twitter (you can find us here), learn from the best.
Richard Lazazzera from Shopify, @richardabls
Richard is in charge of writing engaging pieces on the Shopify blog and most of the time his content is among the most shared articles there. He also runs A Better Lemonade Stand, an ecommerce blog which focuses on delivering the best resources and tools entrepreneurs neneed in order to launch their own business.
- 7 Customer Retention Strategies to Get Your Customers to Purchase More
- The Importance of Focus for Your Business and How to Achieve
- How To Create a Memorable Unboxing Experience for Your Brand
Jay Baer from Convince and Convert, @jaybaer
This guy is the bomb! He's President of Convince & Convert, a New York Times best author for his Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype book and his digital media skills served more than 700 companies.
- Why It Might Be Time to Completely Change Your Social Media Strategy
- How to Create a Content Marketing Strategy
- 25 Ways to Create Shareable Content
Matthew Barby from Matthew Barby, @matthewbarby
Matthew is a very keen digital marketing consultant working for Wyatt International as their Digital & Content Strategist. His blog has very useful articles, focusing on everything from SEO to digital marketing. He also writes for Moz, Search Engine Journal and Search Engine land.
- Growing a Social Following from Nothing: My Social Media Strategy
- Facebook Likes Don’t Matter Anymore
- Link Building Methods That Work Right Now
Ryan BeMiller from Shopping Signals, @shopsignals
With 14 years of experience to back him up, Ryan decided to focus his inbound marketing knowledge on the ecommerce sector. He comes with some pretty wicked tips, so make sure you add him to your RSS reader.
- Social Media for Ecommerce is a Waste of Time
- What to Sell Online: Niche Product Selection
- ECommerce Web design – 5 Highly Effective Guiding Factors
Glori Blatt from Salsify, @gloriousbe
Currently Marketing Communications Manager for Salsify, Glori is quickly becoming a prominent voice. She uses her experience as a former buyer for an ecommerce site to provide more genuine content and to give an insightful view for anyone wanting to launch an online store.
- Mind Your Millennials: This is How We Shop, Omnichannel Style
- Mind Your Millennials: 7 Reasons I Abandon My Online Shopping Cart
- Quest for the Perfect Product Page: Using the 5 Senses
Austin Brawner & Chad Vanags from Ecommerce Influence, @a_brawn & @chadvanags
These two put together some incredible actionable resources. Austin is the founder of Ecommerce Influence and an expert in developing effective marketing systems. Chad is the guy who helps bring in the sales and his Avinash Kaushik certification helps their customers to quickly break down their analytics data and sketch up a winning strategy.
- Creating The Most Authentic Brand Experience For Your Online Store
- Why The Ecommerce “Gravy Train” Is Coming To An End, And How To Keep Riding It With Inbound Marketing
- The 5 Step Customer Value Optimization System
Chris Brogran from Chris Brogan, @chrisbrogan
Where to start? Chris is the CEO of Owner Media Group, published eight books and is a renown speaker with more than 1000 speeches under his belt. He encourages people to do what they love, regardless what others are saying. In his own words: “Don't settle: Don't finish crappy books. If you don't like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you're not on the right path, get off it.”
Linda Bustos from Get Elastic, @getelastic
Linda is the girl with the plan, being it SEO or social media, she has it covered. As the Director of Ecommerce Research for Elastic Path Software she juggles with social media for a living. Her blog is constantly updated with useful articles and guides which break down the ecommerce industry step-by-step.
- She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not: Personalization, Loyalty and Ecommerce
- Omnichannel vs Multichannel and the Store of the Future
- Top 10 Things Customers Expect from Your Online Store
Kunle Campbell from 2x Media, @kunletcampbell
With more than 10 years of digital marketing experience, Kunle offers his advice to mid-tier e-tailers who want to increase their sales and get more exposure.
- Why Your Pinterest Strategy is Failing – How Top Etailers Drive Online Sales With Pinterest
- Reducing Return Rates in Fashion eCommerce: Peder Stubert of @Virtusize [2X eCommerce Podcast]
- 5 Ways of Using the URGENCY Psychology Trigger to Drive eCommerce Sales – @2XeCommerce
Ian Cleary from Razor Social, @razorsocial
As the CEO of Razor Social, Ian was an easy pick. With a history of more than 15 years in the software niche before jumping the social wagon, Ian is a renown speaker and managed to transform Razor Social in a hugely popular social media resource.
- How to Validate that your Social Media Marketing Strategy is Working
- How to Perform a Hashtag Search Across Multiple Channels
- How to Promote Your Blog Post to Get 1,000 Shares
Graham Charlton from Econsultancy, @gcharlton
Graham is Editor in Chief for Econsultancy blog and has more than 7 years of experience in dealing with UX, SEO and email marketing, to name just a few. He does a great job curating all the content that goes on the website and has created some very popular and extremely useful articles.
- 23 reasons why mobile users will abandon your site
- SEO: why more content isn't always the answer
- SEO for content marketing: seven success factors
Annie Cushing from Annielytics, @anniecushing
Annie is the go-to girl for anything data. Right now she's VP of Marketing for YourTango. She spends the rest of her time publishing comprehensive articles on the blog. In her own words, “I make data sexy — and teach other marketers how to do the same.”
- The Definitive Guide To Campaign Tagging in Google Analytics
- Why Google Analytics’ User Metrics Are BS [For Most Sites]
- How To Clean Up Google Analytics’ Content Reports
Jason Dea from Forewards, @thereadyblock
He's COO of Forewards, a service which allows ecommerce businesses get more sales by increasing their referral rates. Jason is also COO of Toocoo, the company that developed Forewards and CSV to FTP ( a Shopify app).
Brian Dean from Backlinko, @backlinko
Brian is all SEO and his blog is a great source of successful techniques which could be applied to any business. A must read is The Advanced Guide to Link Building, a 224 pages guide which shows you step-by-step how to get more visitors. Hence, more customers.
- Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete List
- Viral Marketing Case Study: How a Brand New Blog Generated 17,584 Visitors In One Day
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Techniques: The Complete List
Roger Dooley from Neuromarketing, @rogerdooley
A man who doesn't need any introduction, Roger makes the connection between the brain and sales. He's a frequent contributor for Forbes, advisor for MediaBrix and founder of Dooley Direct. His speeches have helped brands discover the underlying connection between the human brain and current marketing strategies.
- The 3 Types of Buyers, and How to Optimize for Each One
- How To Set The Right Price Every Time
- How The World's Top Conversion Experts Get Your Email
John Chow from JohnChow.com, @johnchow
John doesn't need any introduction either, he's a legendary blogger, speaker and entrepreneur who rocketed onto the blogging scene when he took his blog from making zero to over $40,000 per month in just 2 years. John is one of the pioneers of the Dot Com lifestyle, and on his blog you'll find tons of useful information on how to join the club!
- How To Understand Google Analytics Data
- 5 Ways to Use Instagram for Marketing
- 10 Quick Actions To Apply Right Now For Massive Blog Success
Nate Elliott from Forrester, @nate_elliott
Nate helps companies develop the right strategy for their markets with focus on their social media approach. He's VP and Principal Analyst for Forrester with experience dating back to 1995, so he knows a thing or two.
Yes, the creative mind behind MOZ had to be on this list. His Whiteboard Fridays are full of up-to-date SEO knowledge and they're perfectly structured, making them easier to understand and apply. This 100 SEO Tips and Tweetable Quotes from Rand Fishkinn published by WeBeDigital is a nice round-up with some of his best SEO advices, each one linking to the exact article.
- A Universal SEO Strategy Audit in 5 Steps – Whiteboard Friday
- Keyword Research and Targeting Without Exact Match – Whiteboard Friday
- Is It Possible to Have Good SEO Simply by Having Great Content – Whiteboard Friday
Pat Flynn from The Smart Passive Income Blog, @patflynn
Pat Flynn is a passive income genius. He went from being fired to building a multi-million empire. His blog is a real gem, packed with useful articles ranging from SEO to guides on how to set up a Facebook landing page. While most online entrepreneurs shy away from sharing their profits, Pat has a detailed monthly post where he shares his earnings. Plus, the guy is a huge motivator, just another reason to check out his blog.
- How to grow your blog audience by building relationships with other bloggers – The Ultimate Guide
- THE Backlinking Strategy That Works – 2014 and Beyond Edition
- 9 Tools and Apps I’ll Use More Than Any Others in 2015
We have Kim, founder and CEO of Boom Social, a company that helps entrepreneurs to primp their social media approach and get the sales they want. She's also a frequent contributor for Huffington Post and a renown author with three hugely popular books published so far.
- 17 Killer Facebook Post Ideas For Small Business Owners
- The Secret to Great Facebook Graphics
- 50 Tweet Ideas for When You Have Brain Freeze
Jeff Goins from Goins, Writer, @jeffgoins
Brian Clark, CEO of Copyblogger Media, said this about Jeff: “Great copy connects at an emotional level, and Jeff writes from the heart.” He's an excellent writer who also has SEO in his mind. The perfect match for any ecommerce aficionado.
Kristi's work can also be read on Social Media Examiner, CrazyEgg and Search Engine Watch. She unveils creative and productive marketing and SEO strategies that actually work, so make time to check her blog and her Twitter page.
- 12 Social Media Tools for Scheduling and Publishing Updates Compared
- How to Choose (and Use) the Best Tools for Your Business
Zach Heller from Zach Heller Marketing, @zheller
A branding and marketing expert, Zach is also Director of Marketing for Distance Education. His articles pack a punch and are targeted towards small and medium businesses. If you want to revamp your email marketing strategies, check out his The Fundamentals of Email Marketing: 7 Things You Need to Know to Achieve book.
John Jantsch from Duct Tape Marketing, @ducttape
Jon is truly a Jack of all trades. He's a speaker, author and marketing guru. Microsoft, HP and Ebay being just some of the companies lending an ear to his speeches. Check out the free ebooks section on his blog for more marketing goodies.
- 5 Essential Elements of a Useful Social Media Plan
- How to Add Serious Value to Your Online Community
- 7 Essential Habits of Successful Business Owners
Tara Johnson from CPC Strategy, @cpc_tara
Tara is a true professional and right now she's Lead Reporter for CPC Strategy. Her articles are thoroughly researched and, in general, cover topics like data, social media and ecommerce.
- Facebook Product Ads: What the New Program Means for Retailers
- How to Rank for Google's New Mobile-Friendliness & App Index
Atalay Kele?temur from Shopio, @sakelestemur
This guy is in charge of updating the Shopio blog with the latest ecommerce news and provides key articles on topics like how to sell toys or PCs online.
- 10 Ways to Build a Large Twitter Following for Your Ecommerce Store
- 7 SEO Tips to Have Better Local Search Results for Your Ecommerce Website
- 100 Useful Terms: A Handy Guide to Social Media Marketing
Larry Kim from MobileMonkey, @larrykim
Larry founded Wordstream in 2007 and now is CEO for MobileMonkey, plus columnist for a lot of publications, including Inc, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Journal and Marketing Land. He received a ton of awards for his skills and he shows no signs of stopping.
- The Best Content Marketing Tools for Creation, Promotion, Syndication & More
- The Content Marketing Expert Guide to Analytics & Metrics
- Top 10 Best PPC Marketing Hacks of All Time
- 9 Reasons You Need More LinkedIn Connections
A very familir face, Kevan is the content wizard behind the Buffer blog. You will spend hours browsing through his archive and opening articles for further read. He's that good! Not only is he a brilliant social media guy, but he is also a very kind man. “Live simply, give generously.”
- The Ideal Length for All Online Content
- 30 Little-Known Features of Facebook, Twitter, and More
- A Scientific Guide to Hashtags: How Many, Which Ones, and Where
Jon Loomer from Jon Loomer, @jonloomer
If you want to update your Facebook strategy, then Jon is the guy to go to, regardless if you want to increase your conversions or just to launch your brand out there. His podcasts are a must for anyone, regardless if they're starting out or their business is already several years old.
- No More Promotional Posts: Facebook Will Penalize More Brand Content
- 68 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ad Got Rejected or Account Got Banned
- No, Facebook Organic Page Reach Is Not Dead
Neil Patel from Quick Sprout, @neilpatel
The man with the plan, Neil is co-founder of Crazy Egg, Hello Bar and KISSmetrics. He invests a ton of time and effort into his posts and actually makes time to answer to each and every one of the comments he gets, so if you have a question for him, just ask. If you want to know how to build a brand that will stand the test of time, make sure you check his The Complete Guide to Building Your Personal Brand which he co-authored with Aaron Agius.
- What SEO Used to Be Versus What SEO Is Now
- The Formula for a Perfect Headline
- The Science of Instagram: How to Get More Followers and Likes
Tim started getting familiar with the ecommerce world in 1995 and went a long way. He founded Tim Peter & Associates, an ecomerce and internet marketing consulting firm which has helped businesses figure out the right approach for them.
Amy Porterfield from Amy Porterfield, @amyporterfield
Let me start by saying that you absolutely have to check her podcasts. They're pure gold! Amy is a social media expert and her advice has helped thousands to get more subscribers and to increase their brand awareness.
Mike Fishbein from mfishbein.com, @mfishbein
Mike is an inbound marketer and bestselling author. I really enjoy his articles about content marketing and personal development, two topics that rarely get covered as good on the same blog.
Rebekah Radice from Rebekah Radice, @rebekahradice
Rebekah really knows what she's all about and you get this from the title of her ebook: How to Use Social Media to Virtually Crush the Competition. Download it yourself, it's free. A social media strategist, digital marketing specialist and keynote speaker, she makes ecommerce and sales seem easy.
- A Visual Guide to Social Media Etiquette
- Secrets to a Powerful Blog Post
- The Essential Cheat Sheet for Social Media Image Sizes
Chase Reeves from Fizzle, @chase_reeves
Co-Founder & Creative Director of Fizzle, Chase has a funny bone and a business brain. He built a community where entrepreneurs can find guidance and motivation to start a successful business. If you need some pep talk, then Fizzle was designed especially for you.
- 10 Business Archetypes: How to Choose a Business Model That Makes Sense (and Money)
- Top 10 Mistakes in Starting an Online Business
- Take Your Brick and Mortar Business Online With These Terribly Important Questions
Armando Roggio from Practical Ecommerce, @ecommerceboy
Besides his long ongoing contribution to Practical Ecommerce, Armando is also Director of Marketing and Ecommerce for D&B Supply. Backed up by more than 17 years in the field, Armando's articles follow the latest social media updates and provide helpful guides and tips to get more customers and increase sales.
- Without Email Marketing, You’re Probably Losing Sales
- 14 Questions Before You Launch an Ecommerce Site
- 8 Reasons Why Ecommerce Businesses Fail
- 7 Little Things to Improve an Ecommerce Business
Francisco Rosales from Social Mouths, @socialmouths
This is the only thing you should know about his blog: “The goal is to provide massive value on a weekly basis with a 0% bullshit attitude.” Francisco's online courses and One-on-One coaching sessions help entrepreneurs find the strategy that works best for them without spending thousands on advice they already know.
David Rosenfeld from Infinite Conversions, @icdotcom
David is Director at Infinite Conversions, a digital agency which focuses on improving sales and revenues by conversion rate optimization. Being featured in Forbes and other business publications, their blog is a nice source for ecommerce tips and tricks.
- 46 Ways To Convert Your Web Visitors With Effective Landing Pages
- 16 Quick Win Conversion Rate Tips to Increase Sales
Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics, @jeffalytics
“I created my first web site in 8th grade and haven't looked back ever since.” This is the kind of mindset that makes Jeff a Google Analytics guru and a brilliant entrepreneur. His company, Three Deep Marketing, was in the Inc 5000 list for three consecutive years (2010, 2011 and 2012). Do you have data, but not a clue what to do with it? Check out his website for a lot of resources on the subject.
- 10 Google Analytics Tips for Measuring Content Performance
- 22 Reasons Why Your Website Sucks
- 8 Steps for Eliminating Bad Data in Google Analytics
Tanya Yablonskaya from ScienceSoft
Tanya works side by side with ecommerce developers to see what business challenges retailers come with and what solutions they get. She imparts this experience-based knowledge as a regular author behind Ecommerce blog of ScienceSoft and a frequent contributor to ecommerce portals.
- Is Magento A/B testing a panacea for better conversions?
- 7 ways to recapture customers who have abandoned their shopping cart
Courtney Seiter from Buffer, @courtneyseiter
Another rightfully feature for the Buffer blog. Courtney is Head of Content Marketing there and, just like Kevan, she crafts only high quality articles. Some of her past articles can be found on Marketing Land and The Next Web, so there's a lot of great stuff to get going.
- Twitter Cards Complete Guide: How to Set Up, Measure, More
- 10 Unique Insights to Look For in Your Social Media Monitoring
- 8 Winning Headline Strategies And The Psychology Behind Them
Marcus Sheridan from The Sales Lion, @thesaleslion
There are a lot of inbound and content marketing people out there, but Marcus stands out in the crowd. His way of writing gets you pumped up, so make some time for his Mad Marketing podcasts where you'll find a lot of useful techniques.
- 5 Major Mistakes Businesses Keep Making with their Website’s Homepage Design
- 5 Powerful SEO and Content Marketing Techniques that Took My Website to 320k Visitors Per Month
- The 10 Most Misleading Social Media Metrics in the World
Bill Slawski from SEO by the Sea, @bill_slawski
Director of Marketing for Go Fish Digital and blogger at SEO by the Sea, Bill will keep you updated on the latest SEO news and hacks. If you have questions relevant to the articles he posts, you can go ahead and interact with him in the comments section, as he always replies with an in-depth answer.
Mari Smith from Mari Smith, @marismith
Mari is a talented social media strategist, author of The New Relationship Marketing, co-author of Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day and renowned speaker. Despite her globetrotting lifestyle, she constantly updates her blog with lengthy social media strategy guides, so go and check out her blog.
- How The Facebook News Feed Really Works
- Sensible Social Media Checklist for Businesses: The Social Scoop Issue 131
Dustin W. Stout from Dustn.tv, @dustntv
Co-founder, Lead Product Designer / Marketing Director for Warfare Plugins and Chief Marketing Officer for Weal Media are just some of Dustin's positions. Dustin is very creative and focuses on delivering high-end, free resources for up and coming entrepreneurs.
- Essential Guide To Creating A Stunning Reading Experience
- Twitter & Google+: Your New Content Marketing Strategy
- 5 Things to Never Do on Google+
Hannah Stacey from Ometria, @hanstacey
Hannah is Content Marketing Manager at Ometria and she's great at it. Well-researched pieces that focus on everything ecommerce, from art abandonment to newsletters and UX. She also posts frequent roundups about stores successfully using various strategies .
- Ecommerce Web Form Design Best Practices: 12 Tricks for Making Your Forms Less Tiresome
- Ecommerce Website Headers: 4 Simple Things You Need to Get Right
Danny Sullivan from Marketing Land, @dannysullivan
As most of you might know by now, Danny is Founding Editor of Marketing Land and Search Engine Land, so he knows a thing or two about SEO. He's also COO and partner at Third Door Media, the company that shields these two websites and several others. Follow Danny for the latest SEO news and updates, plus a bunch of expert advice.
- FAQ: How Twitter's New Deal To Bring Tweets To Google Search Works
- FTC Report: Google Purposely Demoted Competing Shopping Sites
- The Web Of Streams
- A Marketer's Guide To Snapchat & How Brands Can Build Followers Through “Stories”
Ramsay Taplin from Blog Tyrant, @blogtyrant
He sold a$20,000 fitness blog he built from scratch – this happened when he was in college. So it's worth spending some time browsing around his blog. His approach is very different and, at least until now, proved to be very effective. For instance, while almost all blogs have an About Us page, he has an About Me and You page.
- No One Reads My Blog. 9 Tricks to Change Things # 16 of the Most Brilliant Tactics in Blogging History
- My Ultimate Guide on How to Start a Blog and Dominate Your Niche
- 41 Tips that Put Over 10,000 People on My Email Subscriber List
Jamie Turner from 60 Second Communications & 60 Second Marketer, @askjamieturner
Jamie's 60 Second Communications marketing agency worked with big names like AT&T, Cartoon Network, CNN, Motorola and The Coca-Cola Company, so he's no newbie. Read his books (he wrote quite a few), check his blog, watch his interviews. This man is a marketing legend.
- 27 Pivotal Questions to Ask Before Writing Your Next Marketing Plan
- How to Think Strategically About Social Media
Tracey Wallace from Bigcommerce, @tracewall
Tracey is a very talented and dedicated writer and editor with a huge potential. Since November 2014, she's been Managing Editor for BigCommerce and she revamped the blog with frequent and insightful commerce related posts.
- Proven YouTube Strategies to Attract Subscribers
- 11 Need to Know Ecommerce Metrics
- How to Use Wanelo to Drive 4x Increased Traffic
- 10 Twitter Chat Best Practices to Build Brand Awareness
Chad White from Email Marketing Rules, @chadswhite
If you want to change your newsletter approach, but you don't know what's right for you, then his blog should help. His free advice is featured in paid books or websites. He's Lead Research Analyst for Sales Force and author at MediaPost. Yep, his hands are full.
Matthew Woodward from Matthew Woodward UK, @matthwoodwarduk
On Matthew's award winning blog you will find proven and easy to apply SEO methods. His 14,000+ words How I Built A Top 100 Blog In 12 Months & How You Can Do It Too! shows you step-by-step how to create a popular blog for your store.