The best Teespring alternatives ensure business leaders today have a number of options to choose from when selecting the best tool for creating and managing a print-on-demand company.
Solutions like Teespring have become increasingly popular among entrepreneurs in recent years. They give vendors an opportunity to design and sell custom products, without having to spend a fortune on production, logistics, and shipping.
In this article:
- What is Teespring
- Our top picks
- Best teespring Alternatives
- How to Choose The Best Redbuble Alternative
What is Teespring?
Teespring (now Spring) is an excellent service, ideal for a wide range of businesses. Not only does it provide access to a wide selection of customizable products, but the easy-to-use platform also promises exceptional customer service and support, rapid production, and access to a variety of tools for sales and marketing. Unfortunately, Teespring isn’t right for everyone.
Some retailers complain about TeeSpring’s limited customization options, low profit margins, and poor product categorization capabilities. Fortunately, there are other options out there if Teespring isn’t right for your company. Here are some of our favorite alternatives.
Quick Summary: Our Top TeeSpring Alternatives
After a careful evaluation of the Print on Demand marketplace, we’ve chosen a range of great TeeSpring alternatives for retailers to consider, designed to address a range of needs and requirements. However, there are two primary solutions we recommend more than most.
Top Pick 🥇
Printful: Our number one choice for the ideal TeeSpring solution is Printful. This highly versatile print-on-demand solution integrates with a wide range of ecommerce platforms, and comes with a host of powerful features, from a convenient mockup generator, to custom packaging options, warehousing services, and global order fulfilment.
Our top pick: Our number one choice for the ideal TeeSpring solution is Printful. This highly versatile print-on-demand solution integrates with a wide range of ecommerce platforms, and comes with a host of powerful features, from a convenient mockup generator, to custom packaging options, warehousing services, and global order fulfilment.
The Best TeeSpring Alternatives in 2023
While there are no shortage of print on demand solutions on the market today, some do offer more value than others. For the purpose of this list, we’ve chosen vendors based on their product selection and quality, ease-of-use, approach to customer service, and speedy production and shipping options.
Let’s dive in.
Printful is our number one top pick for anyone in looking for the ultimate alternative to TeeSpring. Companies can choose whether they want to access Printful as a free service, or leverage a premium package for access to more marketing tools, creative services (such as graphic design support), and even warehousing services for non-Printful products.
Printful gives business leaders everything they need to launch and run a successful business, from a custom mock-up generator with built-in visuals and editing tools, to white labelled packaging slips, a global order fulfilment network, and round-the-click customer support.
Companies can choose from a range of products created and shipped by Printful, including everything from t-shirts and hoodies, to home décor. Plus, Printful customers benefit from rapid production and delivery times, and automatic order fulfilment thanks to integrations with ecommerce platforms.
- Huge variety of products and customization options to choose from
- Built-in mockup and design tools for creating custom products
- Integrations with a range of ecommerce platforms and tools
- User-friendly environment with access to numerous educational resources
- Fantastic global order fulfilment network
- Some of the best features will cost additional fees to access
- Setting up shipping settings can be a little complicated
Further reading 📚
Another excellent TeeSpring alternative well-suited to a range of business environments, Printify is a top pick for any company investing in a print on demand business model. The company offers companies numerous ways to customize a huge portfolio of products, with direct-to-garment printing, sublimation, embroidery and more.
You can integrate Printify with a host of different marketing and ecommerce tools, to automate and streamline the fulfilment process. Plus, Printify gives you various useful tools to access when building and growing your business. There’s a mock-up generator, self-service help center, and you can even leverage custom API integrations on some plans.
Like Printful, Printify offers both free and premium packages to business leaders, depending on your specific needs. The paid plans come with access to extra benefits, such as 24/7 merchant support, early access to new features, and dedicated account managers.
- Instant integrations with tools like Etsy, eBay and Shopify
- Manual and automatic order creation and management tools
- Mockup generator for easy product customization
- Lots of printing options and product choices to choose from
- Wholesale selling opportunities for larger brands
- Excellent customer service and support
- Some vendors and manufacturers are more reliable than others
- Some products can be more expensive (such as eco-friendly items)
Further reading 📚
With production support for 32 countries worldwide, Gelato offers business leaders, designers, and creators access to a convenient global platform for print on demand selling. Although Gelato may not have as many product options to choose from as some other TeeSpring alternatives, like Printful and Printify, it does offer a lot of unique benefits.
Gelato users can access 24/7 support from a team of experts, ensuring they can always deliver the best level of service to their customers. What’s more, Gelato leverages local production facilities in 100+ locations worldwide, to ensure your items can be delivered to buyers as quickly as possible.
Gelato promises cutting-edge technology for printing, and sustainably sourced materials from industry-leading brands too, making it easier for companies to differentiate their brands. What’s more, the solution integrates with a range of ecommerce platforms, including Wix, Squarespace, BigCommerce, WooCommerce (WordPress) and Shopify.
- Local production in more than 100 countries worldwide
- Sustainably sourced and eco-friendly materials for green businesses
- Free to use platform, with paid plans for shipping discounts
- 24/7 customer support and assistance on all plans
- Easy integrations with a wide variety of ecommerce platforms
- Relatively limited product catalogue compared to some alternatives
- Some design assets are locked behind premium plans
Further reading 📚
Reliable and efficient, Gooten has made quite a name for itself in the print on demand landscape. This Teespring alternative provides companies with a variety of easy-to-use tools, which streamline the process of setting up a successful business. Like many Teespring alternatives, Gooten can integrate with a variety of platforms, including Etsy and BigCommerce.
The platform also promises rapid shipping and production times. On average, items are produced within 2 days, and shipped to customers around the world in around 4 days. Gooten even allows you to choose between adding your own designs to more than 150 product lines, or purchasing designs from other artists to use in their portfolio.
There are no subscriptions or monthly fees to pay when you get started with Gooten either. All you’ll need to do is calculate the cost of producing and shipping products to your customers. There’s a handy calculator available on the platform to help you keep track of expenses.
- Access to pre-made designs from artists around the globe
- Wide selection of customizable products to choose from
- Easy-to-use environment with excellent product categorization
- Integrations with leading eCommerce platforms
- Rapid production and shipping to locations around the world
- Some products can be quite expensive to produce
- Setting up Gooten API integrations and workflows can be complex
Another excellent option for companies in search of TeeSpring alternatives, Spreadshirt is a highly flexible print on demand solution, offering a host of different customizable products to business leaders. Many of the production processes used by Spreadshirt are also eco-friendly and sustainable, making the vendor an excellent choice for business leaders looking to maintain a green footprint.
Spreadshirt offers companies access to an easy-to-use platform, which is always free to use, with no monthly subscription fees. The risk-free service ensures companies can easily delegate shipping, handling payments, and customer service to a reputable third-party, so they can focus on other aspects of growing their business.
What’s more, with Spreadshirt, companies can leverage a range of sales opportunities. You can sell your designs on Spreadshirt’s marketplace directly, taking advantage of their growing customer base, or you can sell via marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Etsy.
- Integrated marketplace to help you find customers instantly
- Lots of great ways to customize products from a range of categories
- Support for eco-friendly and sustainable production practices
- Easy to use environment with excellent customer support
- Worldwide delivery through well-known partners like DHL and UPS
- Some custom design options can be expensive to access
- Limited integrations with ecommerce platforms and tools
Further reading 📚
If you want to sell customized products to clients without having to launch and manage your own store, Redbubble could be an excellent alternative to TeeSpring. This marketplace-style website comes with all the tools creators need to produce compelling products, and sell them instantly to community of engaged buyers.
Like many print on demand vendors, Redbubble offers a range of great product options to choose from, including zip-up jackets, hoodies, hats, and home décor. You can add designs to items in seconds, and create compelling mockups to showcase on the Redbubble marketplace. However, you may find you need to compete for attention against a lot of existing creators.
Redbubble is a versatile option for business owners and creators who want to start selling quickly. However, it’s worth noting the product margins can be a little lower. Rather than paying for production and shipping, you’ll earn a commission for every item you sell through RedBubble, instead of walking away with the full profit.
- Easy access to a wide range of existing customers on the Redbubble marketplace
- Flexible range of products and customization options
- Worldwide delivery to customers and rapid order production
- Lots of support and assistance with marketing and branding
- Affordable option for smaller companies and creators
- Relatively small profit margins compared to other Teespring alternatives
- Customer service isn’t always very reliable
Further reading 📚
Similar to Teespring alternatives like RedBubble, Zazzle gives business owners and designers an easy way to start selling online, through an American marketplace. Designers can create their own products with the help of independent manufacturers, and even access pre-existing graphics and visual assets to make their items more attractive.
Zazzle is a very easy-to-use platform, with plenty of FAQs, guides, and tutorials to support business owners with setting up a new revenue stream. The platform also has a huge range of product options to choose from, ranging from home décor and accessories, to wedding invitations, books, and customized clothing, so there’s virtually no limit to what you can create.
This platform may be particularly beneficial to artists and creative professionals who want to focus their time and effort on drawing attention to their skills, rather than building a new website from scratch. However, the profit margins can be a little low.
- Excellent for artists looking to promote their work and monetize creations
- Options for choosing your own royalties and earning options
- Access to a huge existing audience (so you can spend less time marketing)
- No upfront costs to pay when you sign up
- Wide range of product options to choose from
- Can be difficult for beginners to stand out from the competition
- It may take a while to earn a substantial profit
Merch by Amazon
Finally, if you’re looking for a quick way to access print on demand and fulfilment solutions, Merch by Amazon could be the perfect Teespring alternative to you. Unlike the other options covered on this list, Merch by Amazon isn’t a standalone website, but a program offered as part of the Amazon marketplace. It offers instant access to a huge collection of potential customers via Amazon.
Although the selection of products available to customize from Amazon is somewhat limited, the platform can be a highly profitable solution for creators and business owners. After all, Amazon benefits from a huge amount of traffic in the digital world, improving your chances of finding potential customers for your store.
However, one point worth noting is that Merch by Amazon can be a highly competitive space. You’ll need to focus on constantly optimizing your listings and making sure you promote your products to as many people as possible to boost your chances of success.
- No startup fees, and excellent potential profit margins
- Royalties are only taken from shirt sales, giving you more room for growth
- Merch designs are listed on standard Amazon pages, improving visibility
- You can access fast worldwide shipping through the Amazon Prime network
- Customer support can be excellent for retailers
- Lots of competition in an over-saturated market
- It can take a while to be approved to become a seller on the marketplace
Further reading 📚
How to choose the Best Teespring Alternative?
There’s no one-size-fits-all strategy for choosing the best Teespring alternative. The exact solution you choose will depend on a number of factors, such as whether you want to create your own online store, or start fundraising through an online marketplace. However, there are some factors worth considering when you’re narrowing down your choices, such as:
- Product quality: Ensuring every item you’ll get from your POD provider is going to be high quality, whether it’s a set of stickers, phone cases, wall art, or a range of t-shirts, is crucial. Research the materials used in the products, and consider ordering samples of any custom t-shirts or other items you want your POD supplier to create.
- Production and shipping times: Part of building an exceptional brand with your POD company, is making sure you can deliver items to your customers as quickly as possible. Find out how quickly your Print-on-demand platform of choice can produce your products, and deliver them to customers. The best POD and drop shipping companies will have global fulfilment networks they can access to speed up delivery times.
- Pricing: There are a number of costs to consider when setting up your store, from the base price of the white-label items you’re going to be customizing, to the price you’ll pay to access a dropshipping app on a monthly basis. If you don’t have the skills to design your own t-shirt or other items from scratch, you may need to pay for design templates or content from independent artists too, so keep this in mind.
- Customer support: Whether you’re chasing up on the delivery times for your print-on-demand products, or you need help producing art prints, you should be able to reach out to the customer support team for extra help. Make sure your print-on-demand service offers an excellent level of care and guidance to its clients.
- Customization options: Finally, it’s worth noting that different providers can often focus on different types of products in the print on demand landscape. Although you might be able to sell t-shirt designs with virtually any POD vendor, some companies will offer a broader collection of items to choose from, including sweatshirts and home décor. There are also differences in how you can add your unique designs to different items with certain vendors.
It's also worth finding out whether your POD vendor integrates with the tools you’re already using for selling online. If you already have a Shopify store, for instance, you’ll want to make sure your POD vendor will integrate with your store, so you can automate the fulfilment process.
If you’re using a marketplace vendor, make sure you choose one that makes it easy to upload your digital products (such as art files) to the site for sales purposes. It’s also worth ensuring you can get a quick payout from the company whenever you make a sale.
Teespring Alternatives: Conclusion
These days, there are plenty of excellent TeeSpring alternatives available to anyone who wants to dive into the product design landscape, without spending a fortune on developing a new business. The right option for you will depend on a range of factors, from the print quality you need, to the shipping costs you’re willing to pay and more.
If you’re looking for an excellent all-around POD solution, we’d recommend Printful as the ultimate alternative to TeeSpring. However, if you just want to start selling online without creating your own custom artist shop, you can always consider an option like Redbubble.
Here are some bonus alternatives you can consider too:
Comments 0 Responses