Educators and content creators looking to sell their courses online want a platform that effectively enables them to do this. This means finding software that comes with a generous range of features at a realistic price so that they can build and launch their course without any headaches.
There are many such platforms out there, making it tough to wade through them all to find the right one for your specific needs. So, today, we’re diving into one such solution, CreativeMindClass.
There's a lot of information to get through so let’s start…
What is CreativeMindClass?
In short, CreativeMindClass is a new online teaching platform and community for creative professionals launched in March 2021. More specifically, it’s a pre-built solution for video course creators looking for a one-stop-shop platform for online course creation. This includes inbuilt templates that take the strain away from building whole video courses from scratch.
The platform is self-funded and aimed at independent and established creators with a solid social media following. Its core client base is visual artists, illustrators, lettering artists, painters, interior designers, printmakers, 3D artists, animators, and sculptors but the platform is open to all creators wanting to share their skills. The platform also plans to extend its services to music and sound creators.
Unusually, the platform also helps creators navigate the choppy waters of tax regulations and, in particular, EU VAT. This goes a long way to assisting independent course creators potentially extend their reach to a broader, more global audience.
CreativeMindClass's Pros and Cons
But first, let's take a quick look at the pro-cons list:
- CreativeMindClass’s website is easy to understand and boasts attractive design
- The prices are pretty reasonable, especially for anyone just starting out
- The teacher’s dashboard is pretty intuitive
- CreativeMindClass simplifies the VAT invoicing process
- The student and teacher areas are both pretty easy to navigate
- Fully managed purchase and enrolment process
- You can set up your own pricing
- Excellent and affordable pricing. There’s even a free plan
- Range of payment options including local and international payment methods
- It’s largely a video course content platform, so if you’re looking to predominantly use other mediums, you’re better off elsewhere
- You can’t launch free courses; the minimum course or module cost is 10€
- The website could do with more self-help resources, for example, guides on upselling and marketing courses.
- When it comes to designing your homepage and class pages, custom fonts and colors aren’t available.
CreativeMindClass boasts several attractive features. So, here’s a rundown of the key ones:
You simply need to sign up to the platform (more about this lower down) and decide your course topic, structure, and duration to hit the ground running. Then, you can set your course's price, valuing it according to the length, uniqueness, and resources on offer.
Upload all Sorts of File Types
It's worth noting that you can also create and add multiple classes and lessons, engage with students (more on this next), and provide a rich context to your course content. Most notably, uploading files, including PSD (Photoshop) and AI (Adobe Illustrator) files.
Built-in Community and Student Engagement Tools
CreativeMindClass empowers you to maintain contact with students throughout their learning experience; you can update students with posts, comments, and news about your courses. Students can also leave comments under each lesson. This is great for encouraging students to engage with one another and with you as their teacher.
Homework and Feedback
You can inject some fun into your student’s learning experience by setting engaging homework topics, where they can turn theory into practice. In turn, students can upload their homework via the platform using its drag and drop function. CreativeMindClass also enables teachers to store their student's assignments in a ‘work gallery’ to help you monitor their progress over time.
Rather than relying on direct messages, you can provide feedback directly on your student’s homework. In addition, CreativeMindClass makes it easy to view which students have uploaded their homework, and you’ll be notified when they do. That way, you can check out assignments as they come in. Just head over to the ‘Students’ works’ tab on your dashboard, and all of your student’s recently uploaded assignments will appear.
You can also set collaborative projects to encourage students to work together, which works wonders if you’re looking to build and strengthen an online community surrounding your course.
As we’ve already hinted at, CreativeMindClass allows you to connect with multiple payment gateways and offer students a variety of payment methods (both in and outside the EU). These include VISA, Mastercard, Apple Pay, American Express, Google Pay, and more. In addition, CreativeMindClass automatically calculates global VAT and tax rates to prevent nasty surprises!
The Global Payments feature automatically sends students digital invoices, so you don’t have to process each one manually.
CreativeMindClass charges a fixed payment processing fee of 4%, so you always know what you’ll be charged. There’s also what the platform refers to as a “student invoicing fee” for digital services, set at 6%. The justification for this cost is that every class sold at a different VAT rate needs calculating for the student’s invoice. The purchaser’s country of origin needs to be identified and cross-checked with the payment origin and stored in a database, and CreativeMindClass handles that for you.
You can set your own prices, and the platform offers a fully managed purchase and enrolment process. Put simply, this means that you need to connect with Stripe from your dashboard, and then CreativeMindClass takes care of the payment and enrollment process for your class. This allows students to opt from a multitude of payment methods, including credit cards or a local payment method.
The checkout page allows students to preview what they’re buying and for how much. Then, if they decide they want to buy, they can do so with just a click.
Where product promotion is concerned, the platform comes with a few in-built tools such as SEO-optimized landing pages for each class you create. You can also add call-to-action bars that link to all your classes, share landing pages in your social posts and class pages, and upsell classes on individual class pages.
Getting Started as a Teacher
Once you’ve created an account with your email address and password, you have to verify your account via clicking a link sent to your email.
Next, you’ll be prompted to :
- Choose your CreativeMindClass page URL
- Set your account up to accept payments
- Add a few details about your business
Once you’ve done all of that, you’re then ready to add a class, create a homepage and request a pre-launch platform review from CreativeMindClass. For the uninitiated, the ‘home page’ is best likened to a website listing all of your classes. In contrast, the class page itself is more like a landing page. When designing these pages, you can add content, an avatar, images, and text.
Course teachers work from a simple dashboard, which includes:
- My Posts: Here’s where you can add, publish and edit posts that advertise your courses to students. In short, posts are best described as a private Instagram. You can write posts to mentor your audience, create a challenge, share news, etc.
- Classes: Access all the courses you offer and their details. For instance, how much they are, course length, and the number of exercises and resources included.
- Students Work: Unsurprisingly, this is where you can view your student’s work. Here, you can filter through work that’s been completed and work yet to be submitted.
- My Homepage: From here you can navigate your homepage’s aesthetic. CreativeMindClass has simplified this with a five-step process, which is as follows:
- Your name, what your page is about, and a call to action for students to get involved
- Three short sections where you write your elevator pitch
- Three long sections where you explain what students will get from your classes
- Classes promo: A short and clear promotion of your classes
- Public profile: Where you sell yourself and what you do best
- Settings: Finally, here’s where you see your URL, business details, payment methods, and which CreativeMindClass payment package you’ve subscribed to. Incidentally, this is where you can change your payment plan from.
Getting Started as a Student
Students can sign on with their email address and a password they have created. Once done, as a student, you can log on, and you’re taken to your classes page, appropriately called “My Classes.”
There you’ll see the classes you’ve signed up for and what percentage of the class/course you have completed so far. Access to each course is simple. You just click on the course in question, and you’re taken straight there.
This page is also where you can view videos you’ve watched or will watch, and in each instance, you can see what the video is and how long it is. From here, students can also view their posts and their teacher’s posts. In short, you can monitor all your course interactions from one easy-to-view page. For example, you can view your homework or work you’ve created during a course and see your teacher’s response.
You can manage your student account by simply clicking on your profile icon, and it’s there that you can change your password or email address and see any course invoices you’ve been sent and paid.
There are three price plans:
However, before we go any further, here’s what’s different about CreativeMindClass’s pricing. First, the platform operates a pay-as-you-go pricing model. So, they only charge you once you’ve started to sell courses. The pricing structure is fully transparent here are no monthly charges, hidden fees, or other setup costs.
When you do start selling, it’s at that point you choose which of the three plans suit you best. The platform has a handy price comparison table to see exactly what you’ll get with each plan, and you can try any of the three price plans for free.
If you go for the Basic Plan, you’re charged 8% of your income + processing fees. Then, 12% + processing fees on the Pro Plan, and 16% + processing fees on the Empire Plan. The higher the plan, the more features you have access to.
The list of features all subscribers can access is lengthy, so we won’t go into them all here, but here are a few examples of what course creators will receive, regardless of their chosen plan. We’ll also take a look at what you’ll receive with the most expensive plans:
- Access to a complete, pre-built, out-of-the-box platform for selling online video courses
- You can sell unlimited videos
- You’re not charged setup fees, monthly fees, or hidden fees
- All of your pages are kept ad-free
- You can manage unlimited numbers of students
- Course creators own their content
- No non-compete content
- Your classes are mobile-optimized
- No coding needed
- Access to step-by-step content creation
- A fully managed class purchase and enrollment process
- One-click purchases for students
- You can set custom prices for classes
- Support for international and local payments with daily payouts
- You can add a call to action bar that links to all your class pages
Creators Who Subscribe to the Pro Plan Also Get:
- The ability to create their own community feed
- You can mentor your students via your posts
- Student engagement via exercise setting
- You can provide feedback sessions for students
- Lesson discussions with students
- Student-only comments
Creators Who Subscribe to the Empire Plan Have Access to All the Above And:
- CreativeMindClass support to boost your classes
- You can set automated promo posts for new classes
- You can create landing pages with upsells
- You benefit from a pre-launch review
- You benefit from an onboarding call to help you get up and running
CreativeMindClass Review: Our Verdict
CreativeMindClass may be a new platform. However, it looks is an ideal online course platform for those who are just starting out and don't have money to invest in their project upfront.. We like that it’s free until you begin to sell and that the platform helps creators navigate EU VAT pricing.
The platform is realistically priced and attractively designed, with a contemporary and creative feel to it. So, if that’s important to you, this platform’s definitely worth checking out!
Comments 0 Responses