Any ecommerce store owner that wants to sell high-quality dropshipping products that yield a large profit margin will need to do some digging around.
There are plenty of automated dropshipping solutions around that can help with that. But, it can still feel a bit daunting for the uninitiated.
One such product is AliScraper. Its domain name was only registered earlier this year (April 2020), so it’s a pretty new kid on the block. In fact, at the time of writing, it was still in beta testing, and although there are a few five-star reviews out there, information is scant.
So we're writing this Aliscraper review to provide the full low down on what this Chrome extension has to offer – specifically, we'll examine:
- What AliScraper does
- Aliscaper's core features
- How much Aliscraper costs
- Aliscraper's pros and cons
- Customer support and reviews
- Processing orders with Spocket
- Processing order on AliExpress
- AliExpress's delivery options
- How to import Loox reviews
That's lots to cover, so let's dive right in!
What AliScraper Does
Quite simply, Aliscraper is an automated tool that allows you to import AliExpress products to your eCommerce store, via your Spocket account (read our full Spocket review here). You can automate the majority of your dropshipping business with just a click.
It’s best for eCommerce store owners, including those who want to handle bulk orders fast. You can process hundreds of customer orders within an instant.
Aliscraper Review: AliScraper's Core Features
AliScraper’s most notable features are as follows:
A one-click product importer (through Spocket). As its name suggests, you can import products to your ecommerce store quickly. Once you find the items you want to sell, just click on the Spocket icon from the product search page, click through to the product listing and select the Spocket icon again (this will appear in the bottom right corner). After that, you just click on the AliScraper extension in your toolbar and click “Import Product” – simple, right?
One-click order processing: Because Aliscraper is a Spocket Chrome Extension, you can process hundreds of orders instantly using the one-click bulk processing tool.
Customer support: With the AliScraper tool, you'll get access to 24/7 customer service. So if you run into any issues, rest assured, there’s help at hand.
Shipping and destination carrier filters: These filters enable you to find products that can be shipped to your required destination via your desired carriers. This makes the product research phase much quicker, so you can focus your time and energy on growing your business.
An Aliscraper Review: Pros and Cons
Let's start with the perks:
- It’s free
- You can process hundreds of orders within an instant
- You have access to 24/7 customer support
- It's compatible with Shopify, Big Commerce, WooCommerce, and Wix
- Access to automation tools to process bulk orders
Now, let's explore the drawbacks:
- You need to use the Google Chrome browser (of course, this is only a downside if this isn't your preferred internet browser).
- Currently, there's little information on either AliScraper or Spocket’s website about how AliScraper works.
- It’s still in beta testing, so it’s still a bit of an unknown
- It may be free, but there are hidden costs. According to Spocket, if you're already a Spocket subscriber, then Spocket says that “a product import from AliExpress will just take up the unique product quota on your subscription. All orders that come from the imported listings will get a 2.9% + $0.30 transaction fee and a 5% order processing fee.”
Aliscraper Review: Customer Support and Reviews
According to the AliScraper website, customers get access to “24/7 customer support” with a “dedicated support team available to help you with your AliExpress dropshipping anytime.” What isn’t available is any information on what form that support takes, whether it’s the phone, email, instant chat with a human, or a chatbot.
There is, however, more information available on the developer site, although it wasn’t easy to find! There are answers to FAQs such as:
Why did my product import fail?
How do I filter by the shipping destination and carrier type?
How do I install the AliScraper Chrome Extension
Who do I contact if there are order issues?
What we found was that Spocket takes care of any communication and order issues with AliExpress supplier on your behalf. If this is the kind of problem you're facing, you'll have to email [email protected]
So, what do reviewers say about it? We took a look at the Google Chrome web store site and found that reviewers are pretty enthusiastic, calling AliScraper an “awesome extension,” “simply wonderful,” and “super easy.”
Processing Orders with Spocket
When you receive a customer order for one of your Spocket products, it sends you an email telling you so.
After that, depending on which ecommerce platform you’re using, there are different ways to view your order. For example, if you’re integrated with Shopify, all your Spocket orders just appear in your Shopify dashboard and contain a prefix S, e.g., order #S-0012. From there, you print a branded invoice for your shipment and fulfill your order in the same way you would any other order.
If you’re integrated with a different e-commerce platform, you can monitor your Spocket orders via your Spocket dashboard. Select the “Set to Processing” page to let the retailer know you’re processing your order. Then they'll prepare the shipping label and package the order, including your branded invoice. Once it’s ready to go, just select “Add tracking” so you can provide your customers with the tracking number, URL, and carrier name.
Processing an Order on AliExpress
At the time of writing, AliExpress’s website explains that when you order from one of their suppliers, the following process occurs:
- Payment verification (this takes between 1 – 24 hours).
- Then order processing ensues. This takes between 1-2 working days if the supplier has enough stock. If they don’t, it can take around 3-5 working days.
- Then the logistics provider sorts and scans the parcels and tracking codes 1-2 days after pick up.
After that, shipping times vary according to your chosen shipping supplier.
- It takes between three and five working days if you opt for DHL HK.
- It takes between four and eight working days by DHL UK (European Union Express).
- It takes 13 – 25 days by Meest.
- It takes 15 – 60 days by AliExpress Standard Shipping
💡 Please note that AliExpress standard shipping uses the following carriers:
- Singapore Post
- Hongkong Post
- Sweden Post
- Posti Finland
- POS Malaysia
- Estonia Post (Omniva)
- Correos Spain
- China Post
The shipping times listed above may be delayed due to any of the following uncontrollable events: Bad weather, busy holiday seasons, airport security check, and customs inspections.
Alternatively, you can select any of the following express shipping choices: China Post Registered Air Mail, China Post Air Parcel, China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus, DHL, EMT, e-Packet, Express FedEx, FedEx, Global Mail, Hong Kong Post Air Mail, Hong Kong Post Air parcel, Singapore Post, Swiss Post, Sweden Post, Russian Air, Special Line-YW, TNT, TOLL, and UPS.
The critical thing to note is that AliExpress tells customers that the shipping times are not within its control, i.e., shipping times are set by the supplier, not by AliExpress. Customers have to contact the seller for more precise information.
An AliScraper Review: Our Final Thoughts
So, this brings us to the end of our AliScraper review. Although this tool is exceptionally new, those that have left testimonials online love it!
So, if you're looking to import thousands of AliExpress dropshipping products to your e-store and harness the power of automation to free up your time, this could be the Google Chrome extension for you. After all, it's free, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving it a try!
If you decide to give this tool a whirl, let us know in the comments box below; we'd love to hear your thoughts. Speak soon!