Are you an owner of a Shopify store? If so, do you ever find yourself stuck in a rut when it comes to sourcing new products?
If you resonate with this problem, you may find the Voodoo Manufacturing App useful. So, we've written a comprehensive review of this tool, to help you decide whether there's potential for it to compliment you and your business goals.
Let's dive in!
What Does Voodoo App Do?
Max Friefeld, the CEO of Voodoo Manufacturing, says it best;
“For anyone designing and selling a physical good, getting that item manufactured can be the most challenging part of the process. Often, these entrepreneurs have to take several trips overseas, going back and forth with multiple vendors… Due to this time-consuming process, manufacturing has become a bottleneck in bringing new products to market. We launched Fulfilled by Voodoo to make manufacturing more accessible, and we’re excited to see what creators do with FBV,”
In short, their vision is to make it easier for digital store owners to sell 3D printed products. They're a full-stack manufacturing and fulfillment service that allows you to launch and scale an online brand selling these kinds of goods.
Users can link their e-commerce storefronts directly to Voodoo's factory. That way business owners can outsource the task of 3D printing, quality control, assembly, packaging, and shipping completely over to Voodoo.
Needless to say, this is a comprehensive service that saves entrepreneurs a lot of time. That way they can focus on other important jobs like product development, growth and customer service.
How Does It Work?
Once you've downloaded the app, Shopify merchants can create and customize a catalog of 3D printed products to sell to their customers.
Within a matter of minutes, you can craft your first product, list it on your store, and sell it to customers- all without having to possess any 3D-design skills.
With the help Voodoo's app, you can finetune your listing volume and spruce up your product inventory just in time for Christmas.
Without the use of an app like this, Shopify merchants would have to undergo the tedious process of waiting for:
- Product samples,
- Coordinating professional product photo shoots,
- Using and mastering the art of Photoshop,
Business owners would have to do all of the above themselves (and way more besides) or hire someone to complete these tasks- just to lay the foundations for selling 3D printed products.
So as you can see, Voodoo app offers a quick and easy solution to these traditional methods.
How Does it Work?
Let's break down how the process works:
1. You need to connect your Shopify store by downloading the Voodoo 3D print on demand app.
2. Then, you can customize the housewares and other accessories you want to sell (all within the app). Add your own designs and unique spin on the products they have available. This ensures all the goods you're selling reflect your brand and appeal to your target demographic.
3. Now, you can edit the product details to reflect whatever suits your business model best. Including:
- Tax information,
4. Once you've done all the above, your customers can buy any of your Voodoo print on demand products directly from your Shopify store.
5. Your customer orders are sent automatically to Voodoo Manufacturing's factory. They then take the burden of printing and shipping the goods straight to your customers.
Things You Need to Know About the Voodoo App
It's free for users to install, which means you don't have anything to lose by giving this service a go- especially if you're running on a tight budget.
If you're an e-commerce business owner pursuing either the print on demand or drop shipping business model, then you may find this app handy. It doesn't matter whether you're a novice or incredibly experienced, you can harness this app to diversify your product catalog.
On the whole, Voodoo App's best used for selling seasonal products and classic housewares. If you're looking to offer never-before-seen niche products, it's worth seeing what they have on offer.
How Does the Voodoo Manufacturing App Help Boost Holiday Sales?
This is how Voodoo App helps you make the most of the Christmas sales rush:
- You can extend the final deadlines for customer orders to Wednesday, December 19th (5 pm). This means you can enjoy an extra two weeks during the busiest sales period of the year. This is a luxury in comparison to other favorite print on demand or dropshipping apps. These typically have earlier deadlines set to December 4th.
- On a similar note, you can launch new products to market and sell incredibly quickly during the holidays. They enable you to create holiday-themed products to sell to customers for a limited time only. This is a fabulous way of getting prospects to bulk out their Christmas shopping. P.S. The cookie cutters are an avid favorite this time of year.
What Do Other People Think of the Voodoo App?
At present, you can see it's achieved a 100% 5-star review on the Shopify app store. On this same store it's also featured as a Staff Pick on the front page- how neat is that?!
Here's what a few users say about their experience with the Voodoo App:
‘Easy to use with great product mockups! Excited to see what else I’ll be able to make in the future!'– Ashley Gates
‘I was very excited when I heard about this app and even created a Shopify store just so I could use it. I had been looking for a unique print-on-demand service and 3D printed products definite fit the bill. I’ve been very impressed with the app so far. I’ve never designed anything for 3D print before and the instructions were surprisingly easy to follow, and the application itself is very straightforward and easy to use. Customer service is great and I also love that they supply mockups for use in my store. I’m looking forward to seeing the other products that will launch in the next few weeks so I can build up my store!'– Zulurosa
‘Love this app! It's very easy to use. The instant rendering of your images is really awesome since it's in 3D. The quality of the products themselves are really great and feel very sturdy. They even include your logo in the box at no extra charge. I love that you can select different colors for your products to be made out of. The possibilities are endless. The support response as also been fast and thorough. Production time is quick and shipping is fast. So refreshing after dealing with long shipping times elsewhere. I'm really excited for when they launch the rest of their product line. Highly recommended!' – The Island Life
Benefits of the Voodoo App
There are tons of benefits to utilizing the Voodoos app:
- They offer your customers a two-day order fulfillment service so that you can promise your prospects a speedy delivery.
- Users can enjoy excellent 24/7 customer support. This ensures you're always able to make the most of the app.
- Shopify store owners can request render templates to produce advanced or customized product mockups
- We love that merchants are urged to suggest products to develop the Voodoo manufacturing catalog. They take the suggestions of their customers very seriously. Interestingly, all of the products on offer at the moment were suggestions by users who used the app during the beta phase.
- The possibilities for designs are virtually unlimited: there are as many as 29 colors for you to choose from, and plenty of styles for each of their products. This allows digital store owners to create goods that are truly unique to their brand. This is essential for ensuring Shopify Merchants maintain a competitive edge within a crowded marketplace.
- You can use personalized packaging. This is amazing for communicating your brand to customers. All you have to do is provide Voodoo Manufacturing with your packaging design, and their warehouse will sort the rest!
- In addition to Shopify, Voodoo Manufacturing also offers a handy plugin that’s compatible with other e-commerce platforms. However, you may need to contact them for custom integrations.
- Most importantly, Voodoo products are eco-friendly, which means you can sell their products with a clear conscience.
Here's a list of the current products Voodoo Manufacturing has on offer:
Custom Cookie Cutters
Everything you need to know:
- The price of these starts from $5.00 for a 3.5″ cookie cutter
- There isn't a minimum order, all that's required is the design for your product. These cookie cutters are available either as a single unit or a custom bundled theme set of one, two, three, four, or five units.
- They're available in almost any shape you could want.
Voodoo prices them at $5. However, their recommended retail price is $11.00, which means there's a potential profit of $5.
The size of these cookie cutters largely depends on the design you select. However, they roughly measure: 3.5″ W x ~3.5″ L x .5″ H
The starting cost for this product rests at $5. However, the suggested retail price is $10, which means there's a potential profit of $5.
These custom coasters are available in two styles — either a single block color or dual-tone. As with the custom cookie cutters, there isn't a minimum order requirement. You can also create a coaster in almost any shape you can imagine.
Shopify merchants can purchase these in the following sets: one, two, four, six, or eight.
All coasters boast the approximate dimensions: 3.5″ W x 3.5″ L x .25″ H.
Custom Decorative Wall Hooks
These custom decorative wall hooks start at $7. The recommended retail price is $14, which allows for a potential profit of $7. Again there isn't a minimum order requirement, and they're available either as a single product or as a bundled set of one, two, three, or four wall hooks.
Customers love these for hanging their: jackets, towels, bags, and keys. They're a good quality product because, they don't damage walls and they're incredibly light, weighing just three pounds. Plus, they also come with everything you need to install them correctly.
Naturally, their size varies on your choice of design. However, they roughly measure: 2″ W x 6″ L x .2″ H in size.
Voodoo Manufacturing has announced that the following products will be available soon:
- Custom Catch-All Trinket Dishes: $7.00
- Custom Wine Glass Tags: $6.50
- Custom Word Rings: $5.00
Are There Any Drawbacks?
The biggest drawback is that only Shopify users can make the most of all of the benefits of this service. It's the Shopify app that gives you access to the customizable products.
If you're using other e-commerce platforms to run your store, you'll need access to 3D printable files to utilize Voodoo's integration. Usually, this isn't something business owners have to hand.
As such, to make the most of the app, you'll have to hire the expertise of a graphic and/or product designer to draw up the mockups- which is often a timely and costly process. Hence, unless you're a Shopify user, it probably isn't the app for you.
If you own a Shopify store and you're looking to add 3D printed products to your catalog, this offers a fabulous option. As the app is free to download, you have everything to gain by testing it out!
If you've used Voodoo's app before, we'd love to hear your thoughts- the good, the bad, and the ugly. We always enjoy hearing from our readers so, let's kickstart the discussion!