Calling all marketing students and students of technology science! This is the Ecommerce Scholarship page, where we ask you to submit your application to potentially receive a contribution to go towards your tuition and school supplies.
At Ecommerce Platforms, we strive to locate products, platforms, marketing tools and tips so that entrepreneurs and ecommerce professionals can establish the most effective systems for selling anything from new inventions to eBooks. The ecommerce space is drastically changing on a regular basis, so it's important for us to keep a finger on its pulse and guide business people of all experience levels through the tumultuous and intriguing world of online business.
Once we locate an eCommerce platform or website add-on or effective marketing tool, we test it out and share it with our readership.
That's what we do on a daily basis, so this scholarship was designed to get you thinking creatively about selling online, building your own ecommerce tools and figuring out new ways to market products, whether they're ideas rattling around in your head or items you'd like to sell in a retail shop.
We're looking for scholarship applicants to write a 500-word essay on the following:
How can great marketing impact the world? What have you done to showcase your passion for building and marketing new products, whether it be through a past internship or working on a new online business in your garage? Can you talk about a new product or business idea that could fare well in the ecommerce world? What about this new idea is going to benefit potential customers and make their lives easier?
If you're more into the technology science area, feel free to talk about your aspirations as an ecommerce developer or designer. Are you currently working on an idea that could potentially improve the way ecommerce professionals work on a daily basis?
Please submit your response to Ecommerce Platforms. After that, we'll review all responses and the winner will receive a $2,000 check to be spent on tuition fees and supplies for school.
The whole point of the scholarship is to understand what types of ideas you have in terms of marketing or ecommerce development. We encourage you to get as descriptive as possible, even if you haven't necessarily made a prototype for your product or constructed a wireframe for your ecommerce store. Whether it's an interesting technique for ecommerce marketing or a cool new form of hiking boots, we want to hear how you plan to make it happen.
Feel free to include everything from diagrams to sketches. You can also simply decide to write an essay describing your experiences and ideas. Designs are excellent to see, but you're not required to submit them if you're not comfortable with that.
The deadlines for the scholarship are strict, so make sure you pay attention to those dates. We will be holding this scholarship program twice per year.
How to Apply
Upon completing your work, please send it to the following email address: catalin(at)ecommerce-platforms(dot)com
It's required that you submit your application through your school's email address. This is one of our vetting methods for figuring out whether or not you're actually in school.
Your submission should also include the following items:
- A PDF or image copy of your current student ID (make sure it's not expired)
- A 500-word (or less) essay which answers the questions we outlined above. Once again, please include any designs, sketches, drawings or other materials that might strengthen your application.
Please submit all of your documents in PDF form. We prefer formatting to be in Times New Roman, 12-point font and double-spaced.
Dates to Remember:
- Submissions open on September 15, 2017
- Application deadline: November 15, 2017
- Scholarship winner announced: November 30, 2017
Requirements for Eligibility
We only accept candidates who show proof that they are studying and enrolled with an accredited school program. You must be at least ten years old to apply, so the ages are really open to just about anyone. The scholarship competition is considered an international one, so don't feel like your school might be disqualified for its location. Terms and conditions apply.
If you have any questions or concerns about the scholarship, feel free to reach out to:
Community Manager, Ecommerce Platforms
4 Elder Street, London, UK, E1 6BT
Terms & Conditions
- You must be a student enrolled in an accredited high school, college or university.
- Employees and contractors who work with or alongside Ecommerce Platforms are not eligible.
- Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM PST on the 15th of November 2017. Applications sent in after that deadline are not eligible for the award given out on the 30th of November 2017.
- Applications will only be considered if written in English.
- All formatting and technical requirements of the application must be met for consideration.
- Your submission constitutes an agreement with all of the terms and conditions outlined here, and to any additional documents or revisions included or made in the future.
- If you have any problems with the terms and conditions or the eligibility requirements, please do not apply for the Ecommerce Platforms scholarship. Void where prohibited.
How will Ecommerce Platforms pick the winner?
- A multitude of criteria is considered when selecting a winner. Some of these criteria include the quality, innovation, and extensiveness of the content submitted.
If I win, how will I be paid?
- Each winner will receive $2,000 USD.
- All scholarships are non-transferable. The payment is made in the form of a check to the educational institution attended by the student.
- Each winner must have submitted all proof needed to show they are a current student.
- There will be no cash awarded to winners.
- Receiving a scholarship is contingent upon all the terms and conditions and upon eligibility.
About Ecommerce Platforms
Ecommerce-Platforms.com is an unbiased review site that shows the good, great, bad, and ugly of online store building software, and offers the most advanced guides on how to thrive in the ecommerce world. We strive to provide you with easy to read (and sometimes fun) reviews and tutorials that will help you in your ecommerce journey.