Regardless of if you're starting a business or if you already have one running, speed is one of the crucial factors to ensuring that your WordPress site grows, and retains your visitors.
However, finding the fastest web hosting service can be a little tricky as there are so many options to choose from with each having unique capabilities. Plus, most WordPress hosts have so many packages that can get you confused when you go through them for the first time.
That's where we come into the picture. We've built a selection of some of the top ones, especially the web hosts that offer our primary goal in mind – getting the fastest WordPress hosting solution. The services listed in this roundup are among the fastest in the industry and alternate from cheap to expensive and vice-versa depending on your budget.
We will also mention our pick and runner-up to give you a clearer path to make the right choice for your WordPress site. All services in this list also offer customer assistance and support, safe backups and good security.
That said, let's get started.
Why is the Fastest WordPress Hosting Important?
A fast WordPress hosting platform will help you manage and seamlessly create your content. A slow host service won't just slow down your website page for visitors but can even affect the speed of your admin panel. This will make you put in more time and effort to get basic tasks done.
Most importantly though, a fast hosting service for your WordPress website will ensure that your visitors feel comfortable as they access your platform and engage with it like clicking on your social media icons or commenting on posts. If, however, the website loads slowly, your visitors will go away. They simply won't spend minutes on a website that barely moves and the bad part of it is that most of them will not come back if they do not have a comfortable browsing experience at the most basic level – speed.
There is also the issue with your traffic numbers. If you hit a high traffic day does this affect your speed and experience delivery? Not all hosting services can handle high numbers, so this must also be a consideration when picking the fastest WordPress hosting service for your business.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Fastest WordPress Hosting for your WordPress Site
Their number of vital factors that you must be conscious of when searching for the fastest WordPress host:
The Size of your Current and Expected Audience
The size of your current and expected audience is the number one thing you must look out for when choosing the fastest WordPress hosting solution for your business. It's crucial to know the number of visitors that your hosting can cater to and if it's capable of handling your expected or predicted growth.
For example, with standard hosting packages, most services offer a specific allocated space on the server. And even though the host service states that the space provided is unlimited, this is not the exact case, which most times can be discovered if you go over the fine print in the user's agreement.
A huge spike in traffic will inevitably decrease your website’s speed if it's running on a shared hosting plan. And if your traffic spike is large enough it'll completely shut down at some point. So before you pick a web host you have to find out information about the traffic numbers that your host can cater to realistically.
The host's server locations are most times overlooked. But generally, to ensure that your web host is fast enough for your visitors, you would want to pick a server that's close to your visitors' geographical location. Put simply, don't host your WordPress website on another side of the world from your target audience because it's cheaper.
The Fastest WordPress Hosting Providers
With the above out of the way, let’s have an in-depth look at 10 of the fastest WordPress hosting services we identified:
- WP Engine
- Inmotion Hosting
1. WP Engine
WP Engine is one of the first and biggest managed WordPress hosts. It is a great option if you run a complex/high traffic website and need development and staging environments, a more robust backend, and GIT integration. WP Engine has a lot more features than most of the other hosts in this list of the fastest WordPress hosts and its pricing, as we'll see, reflects that. So if you are on a sensitive budget then this may not be the best pick. It provides daily backups, 24/7 support for all plans, free migrations, one-click staging, and auto-rollback if issues are detected.
That said, WP Engine has its data centers in Australia, Germany, Ireland, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Tokyo, Taiwan, and Belgium. Their traffic quota begins at 50 GB, the disk space starts at 10 GB, and the Admin Console is custom.
WP Engine offers 4 pricing plans for its hosting service:
- Managed Hosting
- Managed Hosting Plus
- E-commerce Hosting
- Secure Hosting
Each of the above pricing plans offers different packages within them at different costs. So let's have a look at 2 of the most popular ones:
Managed hosting offers the following packages within it:
- Managed Hosting Startup: This package provides all the basics required for running a small blog or website and costs $25 per month or $300 annually.
- Managed Hosting Professional: This package is great for clients who are looking to build their brand. It costs $49.79 per month and $590 annually.
- Managed Hosting Growth: This package is for clients who have a continuously growing business. It costs $95.83 per month and $1150 is billed annually.
- Managed Hosting Scale: The managed hosting plan is for businesses that intend to scale their website limits and provide higher capacity. It costs $240.67 per month and $2,900 if billed annually.
- Dedicated Hosting Custom: This plan is high performance and scalable and includes a strategic team on standby to help you. The plan is custom, which means you have to reach out to sales support for a quote.
Ecommerce Hosting Startup
This plan includes the following pricing packages:
- E-commerce Hosting Startup: This pricing package includes all required basics for migrating or launching your small store. It costs $30 per month or $360 annually.
- E-commerce Hosting Professional: This pricing package is great for clients who intend to boost store traffic and sales. It costs $62.50 per month and $750 is billed annually.
- E-commerce Hosting Growth: This plan possesses all the necessary features required to grow and build your store faster. It costs $116.67 per month and $1400 if billed annually.
- ECommerce Hosting Scale: This package possesses the features and capacity required to boost your website limits, for clients looking to scale their store. It costs $291.67 per month and $3500 annually.
- Dedicated Hosting Custom: This is a custom plan that requires you to get in touch with support for a quote.
- A Large Number of Server Locations: WP Engine has up to 9 server locations in 4 continents. So you can be certain that regardless of your audiences' geographic location you can provide an excellent experience.
- Great for High Traffic Websites: This WordPress hosting service starts its hosting plans at 25,000 users per month. So if you have a lot of traffic this is a WordPress hosting service to consider.
- Easy to Use Backend: The backend is easy to use even for beginners.
- It's Expensive: Compared to most other hosting services on this list WP Engine is quite expensive. So if you are on a tight budget, that may be a deterrent. However, its numerous features for speed make the price worth it.
- Not for Small Blogs: If you run a small blog with a couple of hundred or thousand visits per month, this web hosting service may be a little unnecessary at the start. But if you expect quick growth it's worth it.
Best for ✅
WP Engine is best for WordPress website owners who have high traffic numbers and expect speed despite the visitor volume, as well as have audiences from Asia, North America, Europe, and Australia.
SiteGround is one of the best WordPress hosting services on this list. It's a great choice if you are on a considerably tight budget. Also, out of the box, it's quite fast because of its “SuperCacher” feature. This feature implements caching for your WordPress website on numerous levels to increase faster loading times.
SiteGround is great for small to middle-level traffic websites. So as soon as you start receiving high-traffic numbers you may want to look for other WordPress hosts on this list.
The disk space starts at 10 GB. It also features a daily backup system, a traffic quota that begins at unmetered traffic, and a cPanel admin console. It operates 6 data centers in the United Kingdom, Singapore, the Netherlands, Germany, Australia, and the United States.
This WordPress hosting service offers 3 pricing options for WordPress hosting:
- Startup: The Startup plan costs $4.99 per month and can cater to 10,000 visits monthly.
- GrowBig: The GrowBig pricing plan goes for $7.99 per month and can cater to approximately 25,000 visits monthly.
- GoGeek: This pricing plan costs $14.99 per month and can cater 100,000 visits monthly.
- Fast cPanel Host: SiteGround offers one of the fastest cPanel hosts due to its “SuperCacher” feature.
- Multiple Data Server Locations: SiteGround offers servers in 4 well-chosen continents.
- Supports Websites Not on WordPress: SiteGround can host websites beyond just WordPress platforms. This gives you extra flexibility.
- Very Cheap: In comparison to other WordPress hosting services on this list SiteGround is considerably affordable.
- Not Great for High Traffic: If you run a website that receives a huge traffic volume then SiteGround may not be the best option as it works great for small to mid traffic websites.
Best for ✅
SiteGround is great for WordPress users who run small to mid traffic level websites and don't expect to scale anytime soon.
Kinsta is a lot like WP Engine, it was developed and is powered on the Google Cloud Platform, which is optimized for performance and speed. Again just like WP Engine, it is a managed WordPress host, great for medium to large traffic websites, and extremely scalable. Kinsta has server locations in Brazil, Singapore, Tokyo, India, Canada, Netherlands, Finland, Hong Kong, Belgium, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Switzerland. The traffic quota begins at 25,000 visits per month with a SSD storage of 10 GB, an automatic daily backup system and manual backup points. Its admin console is custom as well.
Kinsta also does not feature tiered support levels but provides premium 24/7 support to all clients. All their plans include a hack-fix guarantee and free migrations as well.
Kinsta provides up to 10 plans as follows:
- Starter Plan: The Starter Plan costs $30 per month and can cater to 25,000 visits.
- Pro Plan: The Pro Plan costs $60 per month and can cater to 50,000 visits.
- Business1: This pricing plan costs $100 per month and can handle 100,000 visits.
- Business2: This plan costs $200 per month and can cater to 250,000 visits.
- Business 3: This plan costs $300 per month and can cater to 400,000 visitors.
- Business4: The Business4 pricing plan can support 600,000 visits and costs $400 per month.
- Enterprise1: Enterprise1 pricing plan can support 1,000,000 visits and costs $600 per month.
- Enterprise 2: This pricing plan costs $900 monthly and supports 1,500,000 visits.
- Enterprise3: This costs $1200 a month and supports up to 2,000,000 visits.
- Enterprise4: This plan costs $1500 and can support up to 3,000,000 visits.
- Custom Plans: If you need a higher plan, Kinsta supports custom plans alongside dedicated virtual managers. You just need to contact sales support to get started and know the cost.
- A Large Number of Server Locations: Kinsta provides a huge number of server locations even in places that other host services do not.
- Great for High Traffic Websites: Kinsta can support up to 3,000,000 visits and even if you want more there's a custom option.
- Not Super Flexible: Kinsta can only work with WordPress websites. But for WordPress users, this means that your host works great with the platform.
- Expensive: Compared to the other fastest WordPress host on this list Kinsta is quite expensive.
Best for ✅
Kinsta is great for WordPress site owners with high traffic and a global audience.
Bluehost is a WordPress-approved web hosting service provider. The hosting service provides clients with several perks like free domain and SSL, 50 GB SSD storage, resource protection, and a lot more.
It also has a ton of server locations in various regions like Germany, Canada, Japan, Bangalore, Sydney, Brazil, Singapore, London and the United States. This makes it a great choice for a website with the majority of its audiences from around the world and not a particular location.
Also, since it is a WordPress-approved host it functions exceptionally well on WordPress websites, which aids in its speed. Bluehost also offers free WordPress hosting support on live chat, email, and phone. They also run periodic scheduled backups automatically and have no traffic limits for all plans.
Bluehost has 3 WordPress hosting pricing plan options as follows:
- Build: The Build WordPress hosting plan costs $19.95 per month and includes all necessary features for launching a professional WordPress website.
- Grow: This plan features everything needed for websites that intend to grow or are currently growing their audience. It costs $29.95 per month.
- Scale: This pricing plan includes advanced features for clients who run e-commerce websites. It cost $49.95 per month.
- Generous Storage: Bluehost offers loads of storage in its plans
- Unmetered Traffic: Bluehost will not limit the traffic your website can receive.
Speed: Bluehost excels in most areas but when it comes to speed in comparison with others on this list, it can do a lot better.
Best for ✅
Bluehost is best for users with global audiences, who also don't want traffic limits on their website.
Nexcess provides a fully managed WordPress hosting service. It is optimized for a scalable and more secure WordPress website. Some of the major features of this WordPress hosting service include automated updates, built-in CDN, instant auto-scaling, malware monitoring, instant daily backups, full server access, one-click staging, and pre-installed plugins.
There are also tons of additional features like image compression to reduce browser loading time, 8 server locations, and advanced multi-layer caching for super-fast page loading. Nexcess also doesn't place traffic limits or metered pageviews for users and there are zero overage fees.
There's 24/7 WordPress expert support available for all plans of this web hosting service.
Nexcess offers clients 7 pricing plans as follows:
- Spark: The Spark plan costs $9.50 per month and offers 15 GB of storage.
- Maker: This costs $39.50 per month and after 6 months $79 per month. It also
offers 40 GB of storage.
- Designer: The Designer plan costs $54.50 per month and then after 6 months, $109 per month.
- Builder: This Nexcess pricing plan costs $74.50 per month and after 6 months, $149 per month.
- Producer: The producer plan costs $149.50 per month and after 6 months, $299 per month.
- Executive: This costs $274.50 for 6 months and then $549 per month.
- Enterprise: Enterprise costs $499.50 monthly and then after 6 months, $999 per month.
- Affordable and Feature-packed: Nexcess basic entry-level plan isn't just great for people on a budget but it offers quality resources like 15 GB of storage and 2 TB bandwidth, which is a lot more than its competitors.
- Nexcess offers WordPress Specific Features: This WordPress hosting service has WordPress-specific features that create a better experience when using the platform.
- Super Caching: This is an advanced caching feature to boost your WordPress website speed.
- Auto Daily Backups: Nexcess features instant and automatic backups, which is extremely useful.
- No Server for Asia: Nexcess currently doesn't offer server locations for Asian audiences like some others on this list. So you may want to look for other options for speed if your audience comes from the region.
- No Dedicated IP for Low Plans: Nexcess does not offer dedicated IP for the low plans but does so from the producer plan upwards.
Best for ✅
Nexcess is best for WordPress users who are on a tight budget and are looking for an affordable way to get quality resources as well as to scale.
Dreamhost is a popular WordPress hosting provider that has affordable shared, VPS, and managed WordPress hosting packages. It also offers some standout features that make DreamHost a great option. Beyond being affordable, it's also one of the WordPress hosting services.
For instance, DreamHost comes with a free subscription to Jetpack premium, in addition to WordPress being pre-installed in its managed WordPress plans. There's also enhanced security due to its dual WordPress-optimized web application firewalls. It's also super flexible as DreamHost can be used for websites not on the WordPress platform. It also offers easy migration of any WordPress website with zero downtime and a free automatic migration plugin. DreamHost features automated backups, unlimited storage and bandwidth, easy to use admin panel, and extreme speed with built-in caching.
That said, DreamHost only has 2 server locations in the United States.
Dreamhost offers a couple of managed WordPress hosting plans and we will look at the popular WordPress and DreamPress option:
- DreamPress: The DreamPress plan costs $16.95 a month and can cater to 100,000 visitors monthly.
- DreamPress Plus: This is for clients who are intending to scale and it costs $24.95 per month. And can cater to 300,000 visitors monthly.
- DreamPress Pro: This plan was built for clients with complex websites that demand high capacity and extreme performance. It costs $71.95 per month and can support approximately 1,000,000 plus users monthly.
The WordPress basic option offers 2 plans:
- WordPress Starter: This is for entry-level users with a fresh website and costs $4.95 per month.
- WordPress Unlimited: This plan costs $8.95 per month and it's great for users with many WordPress websites.
- Built-in Caching: DreamHost provides built-in caching which increases website speed.
- Easy to Use Admin: Their dashboard is very easy to use even for complete beginners.
- Backup: DreamHost offers a great backup feature.
- Pricing Structure: The pricing structure is a bit confusing for freshers.
- Data Location: Compared to other options in this list DreamHost has just 2 server locations, which means if you have audiences from locations outside the United States they may experience poor speed.
Best for ✅
DreamHost is best for users who have primarily visitors from the United States. And for those on a tight budget, it also has affordable plans.
Cloudways is a considerably new hosting service and quite different from the usual providers available. You get a dedicated server hosting void of the complexity associated with owning your own dedicated or VPS server. Cloudways offers 60 different locations using 5 different providers Google, Amazon DigitalOcean, Vultr, and Linode. It's important to note that most hosting services use just one provider, for example Kinsta and WP Engine use Google as their primary provider.
Cloudways is also highly scalable and configurable and is arguably one of the fastest WordPress hosting services on the web currently.
Its disk space starts at 25 GB. And it features a manual backup, plus an automated backup from one hour to every 7 days.
Cloudways offer a lot of plans which can be a bit confusing but here are the most popular standard and premium ones:
- Standard Plans: Under the standard package the plan starts at $10 per month, then for more features there's $22 per month, $42 per month, and $80 per month.
- Premium Plan: the premium plan starts at $12 monthly, with the next upgrade being $26 per month, then $50 per month and $96 per month as the highest plan.
- A lot of Server Locations: This is a huge sell for Cloudways as not just does it offer a huge number of server locations but they are all across different core providers.
- Great Price: Cloudways is quite affordable in comparison to its competitors especially in light of its starter packages.
- It is Flexible: This WordPress hosting service is very flexible as it supports other website platforms than WordPress. Cloudways' configuration capabilities are also extremely flexible.
- They use a Unique Panel: Cloudways uses a unique panel so you may have to undergo a steep learning curve if you're used to cPanel.
- Support is Shaky: Because Cloudways is a fairly new company and also growing extremely fast, support varies from time to time.
Best for ✅
Cloudways web hosting service is best for users with a global audience due to their huge data center locations. And also for website owners looking for affordable choices.
Flywheel is a popular WordPress-specific website host that offers features and plans suitable for anyone from agencies to freelancers. Beyond being one of the fastest WordPress hosting service providers, Flywheel holds a lot in common with Kinsta.
Flywheel is powered by Google Cloud and features a custom dashboard for WordPress website management and also includes a free CDN. It also provides a custom caching engine, nightly backups, and has many data centers located around the world. That said, it's important to note that in 2019 flywheel was purchased by WP Engine, however, both of them are run separately.
Flywheel offers two plans: Managed hosting and Growth Suite.
The Managed Hosting pricing plan features the following packages:
- Tiny: This plan is billed at $150 annually and $13 per month. It is ideal for simple and small installations.
- Starter: This is Flywheels' most popular single-site pricing plan and it costs $25 per month or $300 per year.
- Freelance: The Freelance plan costs $1150 per year or $96 per month.
- Agency: The Agency plan is for businesses intending scaling and costs $242 per month or $2900 per year.
- Custom Plan: This is a custom plan for specific needs and also comes at a custom cost.
The Growth Suite pricing plan offers the following packages within it:
- Freelance: This plan costs $1350 per year and $113 per month.
- Agency: The Agency plan for growth suite costs $275 per month and $3300 per year.
- Custom: This gives you a personalized hosting plan and comes with a custom cost.
- Custom Caching: Custom caching increases your website speed tremendously.
- Optimized for WordPress: From Flywheel’s support team to their servers, the brand is focused on WordPress. So for WordPress users, this offers a lot of more relevant features.
- Nightly Backups: Flywheel affairs nightly backups that backup your files every night.
- No Email Hosting: Flywheel does not offer email hosting which may be inconvenient for some users.
- No Domain: Flywheel does not sell domains. So if you don't yet have a website you will have to register your domain first.
GoDaddy offers so much variety with regards to hosting. it provides virtual private servers, shared plans, dedicated options, and even WordPress-specific offerings.
With the basic WordPress hosting tier you can access automatic backups with single click restore, SFTP for server access, a free domain and business email for a year. It also provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee and its servers are optimized for WordPress. They are also capable of handling traffic spikes that may otherwise crush your website.
It's also important to state that every one of GoDaddy's WordPress plans features out-of-the-box CDN integration to boost your website speed. GoDaddy has thousands of servers located in 3 continents Asia, Europe, and North America.
GoDaddy offers users WordPress hosting pricing plans as follows:
- Basic: The Basic plan costs £3.49 per month and £6.99 per month for renewals. This plan is ideal for up to 25,000 monthly visitors.
- Deluxe: The Deluxe plan costs £4.99 per month and £9.99 per month for renewal. This plan can support up to 100,000 visitors monthly.
- Ultimate: The Ultimate plan costs £6.99 per month initially and £13.99 per month for renewal. This plan supports an unlimited number of visitors to your website without affecting the speed or browsing experience.
- ECommerce: The Ecommerce plan costs £11.99 per month and £19.99 for renewal. It supports unlimited visitors and storage.
- CDN Boost: GoDaddy features a CDN boost to speed up your load times by up to 50%.
- Uptime Guarantee: This WordPress hosting service promises 99.9% uptime as well as a money-back guarantee.
- SFTP Access: SFTP access is available in all plans except the Basic plan.
- Restoration Fees: GoDaddy charges restoration fees of up to $300 and in comparison, most other WordPress hosting services do not.
- GoDaddy's Internal Speed: GoDaddy's internal speed is not the best most times.
Best for ✅
GoDaddy is best for WordPress users who have mid-sized traffic andare looking for an affordable host provider to use.
10. Inmotion Hosting
Inmotion Hosting provides managed WordPress, shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting. Inmotion Hosting operational infrastructure features a WordPress optimized stack and a free Content Delivery Network to aid in delivering stellar loading times.
Beyond being one of the fastest WordPress hosting services Inmotion Hosting features a ton of WordPress-specific features and tools. Inmotion Hosting also features website backup. That said, it only offers data centers in the United States.
In motion offers 3 yearly plans as listed below:
- WP-1000S: This plan costs $7.99 per month and gives a big space of 50 GB. However, it does not include automatic backups. It is suitable for 20,000 monthly visitors.
- WP-2000S: The WP-2000S plan costs $7.99 per month. And offers a disk space of 100 GB and includes automatic offsite backups. This is suitable for 50,000 monthly visitors.
- WP-3000S: This WordPress hosting plan costs $13.99 per month. And features a disk space of 150 GB, automatic backups, and 125,000 monthly visits supported.
- WP-4000S: The WP-4000S costs $22.99 per month and includes 200 GB of space, automatic offsite backups, and can cater to monthly visitors of 300,000.
- Very Affordable: In comparison to most of the best WordPress hosting services In this list, Inmotion Hosting is very affordable.
- Free CDN: Inmotion Hosting offers WordPress optimized stacking and a free CDN to boost your website speed.
- Mid-sized Traffic: For its WordPress hosting services, Inmotion Hosting can only support up to 300,000 visitors monthly. So for users with higher traffic numbers, this may not be the best choice.
- Automatic Backup not on Basic: Inmotion Hosting doesn't offer offsite automatic backup for the basic plan.
Best for ✅
This WordPress hosting service is best for clients with majorly United States audience and midsize traffic.
Fastest WordPress Hosting Service – Conclusion
What you have to keep in mind when picking the fastest WordPress hosting service is that you get what you pay for. Don't choose an option simply because of price, as most times, the cheap price equates to slow loading times. So look at factors like server locations, caching, and WordPress optimization features.
Also, some WordPress hosting services run a business model that uses affordable pricing as a key feature in attracting customers like GoDaddy. So with regards to speed in comparison to others on this list, that isn't one of their strongest features.
So if the price is a major concern for you Cloudways and SiteGround are fast and affordable. But if you prefer extreme speed irrespective of the cost then WP Engine is the best option as it is the fastest on this list for WordPress users.
You also have to consider the size of your traffic. If you intend to scale beyond midsize traffic WP Engine is the best option. But if you just want to run a midsize blog or website, SiteGround is great for this.
Make the choice of the fastest WordPress hosting service for your website based on your traffic numbers, server locations, and speed features like super caching and CDN integration.