Are you looking for a way to sell custom merchandise online? If so, Moteefe could be the solution. If you haven't heard of this platform before, never fear. In this review, we're going to break down everything you need to know.
Let's dive in!
Founded back in 2015 , Moteefe was born with one mission in mind: to enable anyone to sell high-quality designs without risk or hassle.
By providing a platform where artists can build a brand and be remunerated for their work. Moteefe believes mass production is out and uniquely customized designs are in, which is why they provide you with the tools you need to bring your audience precisely that.
Although Moteefe isn't one of the more widely known print on demand (POD) companies on the market, they're certainly growing, Moteefe is undoubtedly going from strength to strength.
How Does Moteefe Work?
To get going with Moteefe, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Upload your design: Whether you're an artist wanting to print your work onto merchandise, or you want to create something to suit a niche audience, or you just want to capitalize on a trend, create a design and upload it onto Moteefe.
- Pick the products you want your design on. There are over 60 products to choose from – t-shirts, phone cases, towels, canvases, to name a few!
- Launch and promote your campaign on social media to drive traffic and make those all-important sales. You can launch your campaign in as little as 60 seconds!
- Start making some money! When you make a sale, you'll receive your funds within 24 hours either via PayPal, Payoneer, or a direct bank transfer.
As you can see, you just upload your design and pick the products you want your design to feature on, then Moteefe takes care of the rest. By ‘rest,' we mean printing, warehousing, customer payments, customer service, and global fulfillment. But arguably best of all and unlike some of Moteefe's competitors, you can launch your online store with a custom domain name. You have full control over how you maintain your customer relationships, and you get to keep the customer data, which works wonders for building your brand!
So, what's in it for Moteefe?
Moteefe takes a small commission on sales.
As you may have already guessed, Moteefe doesn't hold any stock. Instead, every product is printed according to your customer's chosen garment, design, size, and color, which means your products are manufactured after you place an order. But, don't worry, most of Moteefe's products are printed and shipped within one to two business days after your campaign comes to an end.
The Best Things About Moteefe
Here are just some of the perks of using Moteefe for your POD business:
- You can create a white label store with your own custom web domain name.
- Moteefe boasts a global supply chain, with local production and delivery across three continents. So, if you're looking to market your designs to a worldwide audience, Moteefe won't let you down. With so many printing facilities at Moteefe’s disposal, they're able to ship from whatever location is closest to your customer to ensure the quickest delivery times. At the time of writing, Moteefe ships from the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, and the Netherlands.
- Moteefe handles customer service on your behalf across multiple languages.
- Moteefe has ‘seller tiers,' where the more you sell, the more profits you can earn. This is an excellent initiative for rewarding dedicated sellers for their efforts. On top of that, when you sell 250 items, you'll receive a €250.00 or $250.00 bonus, another great incentive!
- Moteefe boasts some of the industry's cheapest base costs – the average sellers make €20 with every t-shirt they sell to an EU customer. For your convenience, we've listed the base costs of some of Moteefe's most popular products:
- Classic T-shirts $5.28 or €4.00
- Phone cases $5.87 or €5.00
- Hoodies $14.09 or €12.00
- Mugs $4.11 or €3.50
- Cushions $5.87 or €5.00
- Towels $8.85 or €7.50
- Tote Bags $7.08 or €6.00
- Babygrows $7.08 or €6.00
- There aren't any startup costs involved.
- Moteefe boasts incredible customer service.
- As we've already mentioned, Moteefe offers over 40 products for you to print your designs onto, including t-shirts, hoodies, phone cases, cushions, puzzles, mugs, sweatshirts, tote bags, vests, canvasses, towels, to name a few!
- Moteefe is an ethical POD company to partner with. They only work with third-party manufacturers that adhere to safe, lawful, and humane manufacturing conditions. All of Moteefe's manufacturers boast Social Compliance Certifications like W.R.A.P. and commit to the Fair Labor Associations' Guiding Principles. Again this guarantees the safe, humane, and fair working conditions and treatment of employees, ensures the manufacturers do all they can to minimize their environmental impact.
The Drawbacks of Using Moteefe:
- Moteefe isn't a marketplace, which means you can't attract the attention of customers passively browsing. Instead, you'll have to flex your online marketing skills by promoting your designs yourself.
There's a size guide table on every Moteefe product page. To find the product's measurements, click on it, and its dimensions should appear in a pop-up window—namely, the garment's length and its measure from armpit to armpit.
Make sure you display these sizes clearly in your campaigns. From what we can see from online reviews, customers not receiving the size they thought they ordered seems to be one of Moteefe's biggest hurdles. So, encourage customers to check their size before ordering, especially as Moteefe won't provide a refund or exchange if the garment received matches their size guide's measurements.
Moteefe's Shipping Costs
Moteefe's shipping costs fluctuate depending on your customer's location and the total weight of the products. To get a more accurate feel for shipping costs, put the items your customers might want to order into a shopping cart, and head to the checkout page. Just fill out the country you're enquiring after, and voila, you'll get access to your shipping rates.
Moteefe's User Support
Moteefe has a pretty interesting blog full of articles brimming with useful information. On top of that, there are also a few videos on YouTube, which are worth taking a look at. If you're a fan of the self-help route, you'll be pleased to hear that there's also an online knowledge base and an FAQ page where you can get answers to commonplace problems and questions.
There's also email support, and you're assigned a personal account manager. So, rest assured, help is at hand should you ever need it!
Who's This Platform Best for?
Having read this review, we hope you're better positioned to decide whether Moteefe is the best solution for your business.
In short, Moteefe provides everything you need to create and sell custom products. However, you'll need some digital marketing smarts; otherwise, you'll struggle to make a sale. If you have some experience in this department, then Moteefe is an excellent choice – especially if you're looking to sell products on a global scale and access some of the cheapest base cost items on the POD market!
If you're on the fence, why not give Moteefe a try?
There aren't any startup or signup costs involved, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving them a try. Let us know how you get on in the comments box below. We'd love to hear from you!