Recent stats show that 93% of customers say online reviews influenced their purchasing decisions.
The bottom line: It’s a given that customers will read online reviews before deciding on a product
Just look at popular online marketplaces, for instance. Most products display positive, negative, and mediocre reviews posted by real-life customers.
Needless to say, glowing reviews help ecommerce businesses attract customers. But how do you encourage online shoppers to leave positive product reviews?
Fortunately, there's software available to help you achieve that – one such option is Yotpo. So if you're intrigued to find out what Yotpo offers, stick with us as we put this app under the microscope.
That's enough preamble; let's dig in!
What is Yotpo?
After being taken in by fake reviews, Omri Cohen and Tomer Tagrin founded Yotpo in 2011. Fast forward to today, and Yotpo now employs over 650 people and has raised $406m in funding. It has offices in New York, Boston, Tel Aviv, and London and is used by a wide range of customers, including Moroccan Oil, Steve Madden, GoPro, Helly Hansen, and many more. Impressive, right?!
The platform describes itself as the ‘leading provider of solutions that power the whole customer journey, including loyalty & referrals, SMS marketing, subscriptions, and visual user-generated content.'
In short, it’s an all-in-one, out-of-the-box solution for businesses wanting to convert one-time shoppers into loyal customers and generate recurring revenue.
Yotpo integrates with various ecommerce platforms to seamlessly slot into your existing tech stack and does have a robust integration network with other ecommerce marketing tools. It also creates reports with insights on creating a more customer-centric shopping experience.
That's it for the basics; let’s take a closer look at the nitty-gritty of Yotpo's features:
Yotpo Review: Yotpo Products
Yotpo’s solutions are divided into five areas:
- Visual marketing
- Loyalty and referrals
- Subscriptions (this is new)
Below, we'll discuss each in turn:
As its name suggests, SMSBump aims to provide the tools you need to engage customers and drive sales through the power of thoughtful SMS campaigns.
More specifically, you can send customers personalized SMS concerning your products, sales, special offers, etc. You can also generate automated text messages each time a customer completes an action on your site. For example, if they abandon their cart, sign up for your newsletter, and so on.
Yotpo also allows you to segment your audience to send more targeted text messages. You can customize which conditions customers need to meet to be added to a particular segment (for instance, order value, loyalty, etc.). Or you can use predictive segmentation, which automatically separates customers according to their buying likelihood and churn risk.
It’s also possible to have 1-2-1 chats with customers using Yotpo’s conversational text automation, in-app SMS chat, and help desk integrations (you can turn on this pre-installed integration inside your dashboard). Again, this is a huge asset if you're looking to provide customers with a more responsive experience.
You can also run A/B tests to see which campaigns produce the most fruit. This works wonders for garnering the data you need to finetune your text campaigns for maximum success.
Customers can choose whether they wish to receive your texts or not, by opting in in one of many ways – at checkout, via an onsite widget or pop-up, even through a QR code on your product packaging. Laws around messaging are strict, so rest assured SMSBump helps you gather your subscribers 100% compliantly and you run no risk of annoying someone with unwanted messages. What’s more, if shoppers want to unsubscribe, they're free to do so at any time.
Lastly, you can use SMSBump to enable customers to quickly purchase by texting a keyword like ‘BUY’ in response to an offer or by simply clicking a link inside an SMS message that takes them straight to a prefilled checkout.
As you may have already guessed, Yotpo’s reviews feature aims to help you collect genuine reviews.
Following a customer’s purchase, you can use this tool for review collection. You can send an automated email asking your customers to leave a review. Leveraging Yotpo’s in-house SMS product also allows you to easily send these requests as texts as well. To boost review conversions, you can incentivize this action by offering a percentage discount in the same message, or with Yotpo Loyalty you can automatically reward a customer with loyalty points for their review. You can also send customers what Yotpo calls smart review prompts. These guide your shoppers through high-converting topics that may encourage other shoppers to buy from you. For example, asking customers to rate a product on its fit, style, and comfort, and give it a star rating.
In addition, you can ask for targeted feedback on products. For example, offering multiple choice answers about how a product fits (small, true to size, big) and how comfortable an item is (ultra comfy, pretty good, not comfy).
Customers can also upload images or a video of the product they bought. Lastly, you can allow customers to engage with each other by asking questions about products they’re interested in buying. For example, suppose a customer is interested in buying a particular garment. In that case, they might wish to ask other shoppers how it fits. Customers can comment on reviews to ask these questions. Or you can post a community Q and A where shoppers can find answers to FAQs on your product pages.
To gain traction with your reviews – you can use the social push feature to automatically post reviews on your Twitter and Facebook pages. Furthermore, you can showcase social media reviews by integrating your Facebook and Instagram shops with Yotpo.
You can also group similar products together, so when a user looks at one product review, they'll see reviews for a similar product beside it. Likewise, if there's a product you don't want to be reviewed, you can add this to a block list. When you do this, Yotpo won't include this product in any of its review collection channels.
You can also connect your Google Shopping ads to your Yotpo account to enhance your viewership. You can launch and manage Google Shopping ads using Yotpo so that you can feature reviews and star ratings that users have left on your store.
We already mentioned that customers can upload images and videos in reviews they write. Yotpo’s visual marketing feature is just an extension of that idea. Here, you can utilize user-generated content (UGC), including images and videos, to create attractive galleries on your site. Again, the aim is to showcase your brand using your customers as ambassadors to boost engagement.
The UGC feature integrates with your Instagram and Facebook accounts and allows you to import user media to your site. You can also manually import videos and images with the higher-tier plans. What's more, you can add product tags to user-generated content – or utilize Yotpo’s AI tags, which suggest product tags for you.
You can display such examples of visual marketing on your homepage or category pages for each product line. This kind of social proof works wonders for building trust with potential customers. Similarly, you could use this feature to address cart abandonment issues by showcasing UGC on your checkout page. Who knows? This could be the deciding factor that convinces shoppers to go ahead and make that all-important purchase.
Lastly, this feature empowers you to convert more shoppers via your shoppable Instagram feed. When users browse your content on Instagram, they can click on a buy now button on your photos and see customer reviews and suggested products.
Loyalty and Referrals
The Yotpo loyalty and referral program is designed to help foster engagement with existing customers and entice new ones to power your re-engagement and retention strategy.
You can create customized loyalty and referral programs. For example, a points program where customers can earn redeemable points when they:
- Spend with you
- Follow you on social media
- Leave a review
- Create an account
You can motivate customers to spend with you by offering free shipping, coupons, discounts, etc., when they cash in the points they’ve earned.
You can also create tiered loyalty programs based on how much customers spend. For example:
- Silver: spend $0-$199
- Gold: spend $200-$350
- Platinum: spend $350+
You name your tiers and set conditions as you like. Then, you can offer specific rewards within each tier, such as free shipping, early access to new products, sales, or a birthday gift. Furthermore, you can segment customers based on their spending and send them tailored offers. Needless to say, custom rewards go a long way to boosting consumer satisfaction and, therefore, loyalty.
There's a library of loyalty widgets. These allow you to build a rewards page where customers can sign up for your loyalty programs, check their points, and redeem offers. It also includes widgets for creating onsite banners related to your rewards.
With the advanced pricing tiers, you can run scheduled and time-sensitive loyalty/reward campaigns to regularly entice loyal customers. Needless to say, you can set the start and end dates of these campaigns, maintaining complete control over them.
This new Yotpo product was built specifically for Shopify users. It’s a subscription management solution designed to encourage customers to become repeat buyers by taking out a recurring subscription with you.
Yotpo Subscriptions is great for any brand that sells products that need restocking, refilling or frequent replacement. Let’s say you sell consumable products: you could create repeat subscriptions where customers are sent items after a set time frame (e.g., every four weeks) and receive a discounted price.
You can also offer your subscription customers access to a passwordless user-friendly portal. From here, they can add their delivery details and manage their subscriptions, including how often they’d like to receive the items they’re subscribing to.
Lastly, when customers sign up for a subscription, you can send them automated notifications. For example, sending them a subscription confirmation and subscription reminders . Again, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your brand’s personality and build stronger relationships with your shoppers
Yotpo Review: Yotpo Pricing
There are pricing plans for each of Yotpo’s features, including a free option for small businesses and entrepreneurs starting out.
There are tons of pricing plans to wade through, so we’ll only look at each briefly below. For more detailed info, check out Yotpo’s pricing page.
SMSBump offer five plans to choose from:
- Send customized and automated SMS messages
- Access to SMSBump’s campaign builder and planner
- Access to subscriber collection tools – for example, popups, checkout opt-ins, and QR codes
- Audience segmentation
- Two-way SMS conversations
- One free opt-in keyword
- Analytics and reporting
- Customizable revenue attribution and tracking
- Tech stack integrations
- Yotpo product synergies – you can integrate with other Yotpo products and use them together
- 24/7 email and chat support
Customers pay $0.0165 per SMS (US)
Prices start from $19/month; this includes all the above and:
- Unlimited opt-in keywords
- Unlimited A/B testing
- Schedule messages according to your customer's local time zones
- Sign off with your messages with your business's name
Customers pay $0.0149 per SMS (US)
For $59 a month, this includes all of the above and:
- The click-to-buy feature
- Smart predictive segmentation
- Custom short URLs to use in your SMSs
- Shopify POS integration
Customers pay $0.0142 per SMS (US)
For $199/month, this includes all of the above and:
- Access to an onboarding specialist
- Monthly SMS strategy sessions
Customers pay $0.0130 per SMS (US)
This is a bespoke plan, so you’ll need to contact Yotpo directly for a custom quote. However, we know that this package includes all of the above and:
- Volume and commitment-based discounts
- A dedicated SMS strategist
- Onboarding and account setup support
- Custom analytics and reports
- API access
- Dedicated shortcode availability (at extra cost) – i.e., a shortened five or six-digit SMS number
Again, here there are five plans to choose from:
- You can send up to 50 monthly review requests)
- The reviews widget
- You can send automatic review request emails.
- The ability to moderate reviews
- SEO and social push
- You can moderate any comments left on your reviews.
- Import reviews from Facebook and Instagram
- 24/7 support via live chat and email support
- Facebook and Instagram shops syndication
For $15/month, this includes all of the above and:
- Google rich snippets
- Customers can post video and photo reviews
- You can create review carousels
- You can send incentives, such as free shipping or discounts, when a user leaves you a review.
- You manually send review requests.
For $119 a month, this includes all of the above and:
- Google Shopping ads
- Google Seller ratings
- A Klaviyo integration
- Walmart syndication
- Product grouping and blocklist capabilities
- Priority support
- Access to an onboarding specialist
No prices are listed. You can request a demo and contact Yotpo for a custom quote. This includes all of the above and:
- Advanced email and widget customization with access to the HTML and CSS editor
- Smart AI review prompts generate topics shoppers can respond to
- You can add multiple users to your Yotpo account, gather reviews from different stores or domains, and manage them from the convenience of one workspace.
- Access to all integrations
- A dedicated customer success manager
- Multi-store syndication
No prices are listed (again, contact Yotpo for a quote). This includes all of the above and:
- Expedited time to market –Yotpo’s implementation specialist will help you get up and running as quickly as possible
- Unlimited scalability
- Migration services
- Dedicated security and compliance
- Retail syndication
- Strategic consultation
- An Enterprise customer success manager
- You’ll receive consumer insights.
Loyalty and Referrals Plans
Here there are four plans to choose from:
- Loyalty and referral features can only be applied to a maximum of 100 orders
- Rewards sticky bar – a widget showing customers how many points they've earned
- Customers can earn points for purchases and creating an account
- You can set up a referral program
For $249/month, this includes all of the above and:
- You can build a page where customers can sign up and redeem points
- More ways customers can earn points, e.g., Instagram follows, birthdays, and more
- Customers can redeem points at checkout
- Klaviyo, ReCharge, and Shopify POS integrations
- You can set expiration dates on points
No prices are shown for this (contact Yotpo for a quote). This includes all of the above and:
- You can launch VIP incentive programs.
- Access to customer onboarding and success management
- Earning rules and scheduling – decide when and for how long your loyalty campaigns run, as well as which shoppers they apply to
- You can display a post-purchase referral popup.
- Customers can redeem points for free products.
- You can ask customers to complete specialized actions to redeem rewards, like completing a survey or filling out a demographics profile.
- Targeted campaign segmentation
- Advanced dashboards and reports
Request prices. This includes all of the above and:
- Expedited time to market
- A dedicated implementation manager
- Unlimited scalability
- Dedicated security and compliance
- Customizable UI
- An Enterprise customer success manager
- You can set up custom rewards.
There’s only one subscription plan. It’s free to sign up with no credit card needed. You pay 1% after you make $500 in monthly sales subscriptions.
You'll receive the following:
- Access to a self-guided eight-minute built-in onboarding wizard
- A growth-driven merchant portal
- A password-free customer portal
- End-to-end analytics
- SMS campaign integration
- Integrated checkout
- White-glove migration
- Growth tips and tricks
- 24/7 live support
UGC Content Plans
There are four plans to choose from:
This includes the following:
- You can import UGC galleries to your site, and curate galleries from your Instagram and a hashtag (for up to 50 monthly orders)
- Shoppable Instagram
- 24/7 email support
For $9/month, this includes all of the above and:
- Unlimited product galleries
- You can create unlimited photo albums ready to add to your galleries as needed.
- Multiple gallery layouts
- Curate From @mentions and tagged posts on Instagram for galleries and albums
- Curate photos from customer reviews for your galleries
- Add-to-cart functionality for galleries
- 24/7 live chat support
Custom prices are available on request. This includes all of the above and:
- Manually upload photos and videos.
- Curate videos from Instagram reels and product pages
- AI-assisted tagging
- Access to the CSS editor
- Product grouping
- Gallery and picture analytics
- A dedicated customer success manager
Contact Yotpo for a custom price. This includes all of the above and:
- An enterprise customer success manager
- Onboarding services
- Moderation services
- API access
Lastly, Yotpo also offers the following product bundles:
- SMSBump and Reviews
- SMSBump and Loyalty and Referrals
- Loyalty and Referrals and Reviews
At the time of writing, there were no prices listed for these bundles, but we like to assume the aim is to offer bundles at a lower price.
Wherever you see a Premium or Enterprise plan, you can request a demo to look at all the features listed. Whereas, on the lower paid plans and free plans, you have to sign up first.
Yotpo Review: Yotpo Shopify Integration and Other Integrations
You can seamlessly integrate Yotpo with many popular eCommerce apps. First off, let’s talk about Shopify. But before we do, it’s worth noting that Yotpo integrates with six eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, BigCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Adobe Commerce (Magento), WooCommerce, and Volusion.
Yotpo is an official Shopify partner with over 3,000 five-star reviews on the Shopify App Store. You can install Yotpo for your Shopify store with just a click. Then, choose which features and plan you want to sign up for to hit the ground running!
The Yotpo website has a handy Shopify installation guide for each Yotpo feature you want to use.
If you’re interested in other Yotpo integrations, there are 113. These are organized into various categories, including chat and messenger, social platforms, payment and checkout, and many more. You can view all the integrations on Yotpo’s website.
Yotpo Review: Yotpo Customer Support
Several self-help resources are available, including videos, webinars, and articles on how to best use the platform and on general eCommerce-related topics. You can also engage with other Yotpo users in the Yotpo Community. This is a forum where you can find information on different topics, ask questions, and get answers from real members. There’s also a blog.
As we’ve already said elsewhere in this Yotpo review if you wish to contact a customer support agent, all plans offer 24/7 and email support, and some provide live chat. However, with the higher-paid plans, you’ll receive more dedicated support and 1-2-1 onboarding.
Yotpo Review: Yotpo Pros and Cons
Lastly, before wrapping up this Yotpo review, let’s condense some of what we’ve covered into a quick pro-cons list:
- It’s user-friendly, and its website is easy to understand
- There are free plans for each feature.
- Lots of integrations are available, including popular eCommerce platforms like Shopify
- You can send customizable and targeted SMS campaigns
- All programs come with 24/7 support.
- Some paid accounts are expensive, so they may exclude newbies who need those features but can’t afford them.
- Only some of the higher-paid plans get 1-2-1 support.
Yotpo Review: Our Verdict
Hopefully, this Yotpo review gives you a good flavor of the platform and its many marketing features. If you’re looking for an all-in-one SMS, UGC, loyalty and referral, and reviews platform, Yotpo could be a great choice. This is especially so if you have a large budget to splash and already run a Shopify store and want to increase customer reviews, loyalty, and sales.
As with all these reviews, the best option is to try before you buy. In the case of Yotpo, plenty of free options are available. So there's ample opportunity to judge whether the platform is user-friendly and does what it says on the tin. Not only that, but the features in the free plan should be sufficient if you’re starting out and don’t want to invest in a paid plan until you’ve started generating revenue.
Are you ready to try Yotpo? Let us know what you think in the comments box below!
Comments 0 Responses