The week is coming to an end, and that means it is time for me to have a look at some of the things that has happened in this past week. A lot of really good articles have been posted around the web throughout this past week, they cover topics such as what you need to do to capture your audience, as well as social media marketing tools and their cost compared to what you receive, there was also a great article that covered why Meta descriptions still play a large role. Read on to see what other interesting articles were written.
- Selling Online: Why your site is more important than your product – This article examines the importance of making sure your whole website is stunning when creating an online store.
- Capture Your Audience: 4 Tips for Better Ecommerce User Experience – This article written by Larry Alton explores the importance of constantly upgrading the ecommerce user experience, because if you neglect this, then chances are you will see a decrease in sales at some point.
- Ecommerce having negative impact on retailers’ operating earnings – I cannot really say that I am surprised by what Marianne Wilson writes in her article, according to said article, ecommerce is having an impact on retailers’ operating earnings, and it isn't pretty.
- Snap out of it: your current marketing sucks – inbound marketing generates leads – Mike Lieberman wrote this brilliant article about why you are currently doing your marketing all wrong, he also looks at some of the things you should be doing instead.
- Social Media Marketing Tools: Cost versus Depth of Features – This article by Lilach Bullock explores the correlation between the amount of money you spend on social media marketing compared with what you actually get out of it. She argues that a higher price does not always equate to a higher quality.
- Visual Content Formats That You Want to be Part of Your Marketing – Michael Catford wrote this article which examines the different content formats that you should be using for your content marketing. A little spoiler, infographics play a large role.
- 5 Simple Fixes To Improve Your Email Marketing and Generate Results – Gabriel Shaoolian wrote this article for the Huffington Post with the aim of exploring the five biggest mistakes people make in terms of email marketing.
- How to Measure the Business Impact of Your Email Marketing – This article was written by Dave Charest, and examines how you need to understand the impact your email marketing is having on your business.
- 3 Simple Steps To Increasing User Registration On Your Website – This article was written by Sahar Dolev-Blitental, and examines the different things you can do in order to increase the number of users that are registering on your website.
Search Engine Optimization
- Your Meta Descriptions Matter for More Than Google Rankings – A lot of people have this weird notion that Google doesn't care about your meta descriptions, however this article written by Derek Buntin states exactly the opposite, they are still really important and should really not be taken for granted.
- Google’s Outbound Link Penalties: How to React without Overreacting – Duane Forrester explores what the recent changes to Google's policies mean for you and your website, and why it is important not to overreact.
Feature image curtsey of Ramotion